Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Dragonflight. Lots for you to catch up on, but theres an old leak that's possibly detailed the whole expansion.
    Can you link it here and why you think it's legit?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Some people don't like change. I really like how Genshin Impact explores the necessity of change.
    I believe WoW needs a major reform. But a lot of the suggestions in regards to class don't go much further than the aesthetics of a Dark Ranger or a Tinker.

There's a great blog from Heroes of the Storm that explains the difference between bottom-up design and top-down design:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hero...of-two-shamans

Thrall is a prime example of top-down design. Thrall’s design as a powerful melee fighter came from what we knew about him: he’s got a big hammer for smashing things, a history of Orcish shamanism, and of course, our experiences playing with Farseers in Warcraft III and Enhancement Shamans in World of Warcraft

(...)

We had Thrall’s old kit lying around: Chain Heal, Earthbind Totem, Lightning Shield, Bloodlust – all very Shaman-themed abilities, but they fit together into more of a Support role that we felt Thrall wasn’t cut out for. (...) . To preserve that gameplay, we simply had to find a character where that gameplay made more sense, and thus Rehgar was brought in to be our Restoration Shaman.
    Thrall's hero is a top-down design: Blizzard established who Thrall is and thus imagined abilities that would fit the fantasy of playing Thrall.

Rehgar is a bottom-up design: Rehgar is an obscure orc, so he can be anything, Blizzard needed a melee healer, and thus worked this pragmatic role up into the fantasy of what a melee healer would be like.

When people suggest a Tinker or a Dark Ranger, they advocate for a top-down design. Which is already better than a many other suggestions which don't amount further than combining fantasy words.

But it's still lacking. What does a Dark Ranger do that other classes don't? How is a Tinker going to be different from an Engineer who just throws in a ton of gadgets in a fight? I'm generally receptive to such ideas and willing to roll with them, but after constantly hearing people not getting any further than aesthetics, you end up wanting to raise the bar of how much effort someone should put into a class suggestion before throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Can you link it here and why you think it's legit?
    You serious don't look at the other threads in this forum?

Go look at the Dragonflight thread or follow the big 9.0/10.0 speculation megathread.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    But it's still lacking. What does a Dark Ranger do that other classes don't? How is a Tinker going to be different from an Engineer who just throws in a ton of gadgets in a fight? I'm generally receptive to such ideas and willing to roll with them, but after constantly hearing people not getting any further than aesthetics, you end up wanting to raise the bar of how much effort someone should put into a class suggestion before throwing it out there.
    There you go:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations

You serious don't look at the other threads in this forum?

Go look at the Dragonflight thread or follow the big 9.0/10.0 speculation megathread.
    Yes. And what? A guy pretending to be a WoW dev and you swallow it like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Tbh that was an extremely safe bet, I thought the same thing too. I think they just got delayed to this upcoming expansion.
    Lol. Tinkers not happening. Blizzard already made them an april fools joke, there is 0% chance they'd come in the next expansion.

Just give us the cosmetic quivers like Sylvanas quiver drop and Legion legendaries, so many old quiver models that can be used.

Cool, that's above and beyond the kind of effort I was hoping for.

Yes. And what? A guy pretending to be a WoW dev and you swallow it like that?
    Er, who is pretending to be a WoW dev?

Expansion info can leak any which way. Even marketting has access to bullet points on what the expansion would be about.

But as I said earlier, these are still just possibilities. These are still leaks and I'm fully aware all of em could be fake.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-04 at 12:31 AM.

Cool, that's above and beyond the kind of effort I was hoping for.
    Glad you like it.
    You see how it is more than just an "aesthetic"?

Er, who is pretending to be a WoW dev?
    The dave guy. Bold-headed white man as an avatar. You couldn't have missed him. He says he's a former dev who was laid off in 2021 and therefore has inside sources.

Expansion info can leak any which way. Even marketting has access to bullet points on what the expansion would be about.

But as I said earlier, these are still just possibilities. These are still leaks and I'm fully aware all of em could be fake.
    Inevitably, one of the leaks is true.
    Going by the leaked art, i tend to believe it is legit. It's just the features that i'm kinda skeptic of.

The dave guy. Bold-headed white man as an avatar. You couldn't have missed him. He says he's a former dev who was laid off in 2021 and therefore has inside sources.
    Er, why would you be accusing me of believing him? I don't understand the accusation. He wasn't the one who started the thread :/. That guy was just a random commenter posing as a dev.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-04 at 04:45 AM.

Well they didn't prove it, but they basically use all the same arguments I have when I try to convince people they're adding them.

It's almost guaranteed to be a hunter skin at this point imo, but I have a few hopes for some other changes they should make to achieve a true representation of a Dark Ranger. IMO Dark Ranger is something like a Marksman Hunter + Sublety Rogue with an Unholy Death Knight's magic kit. A green fire style quest basically handles the shadowy Unholy magic skin issue, but the roguey stuff still needs help. So:

1. Allow Survival to dual wield daggers and other 1h weapons. So when Hunter gets this skin, the folks who wanted more of the rogue aspect of it can achieve it more accurately.

2. When the skin is applied, make Disengage turn you into the black mist cloud thing Sylvanas does and zip you backwards so you get some of that shadowy flavor.

3. Change Serpent Sting's visuals into Shadow Dagger, Sylvanas's HotS ability.

4. Re-adjust Camouflage into more of a shadow-based Stealth. Maybe allow it to be closer to Rogue's stealth for Survival, the melee spec, through a talent if necessary.

Do those things, then include all of the obvious things people expect (red eyes, undead skin, undead pets, etc) and I think most people who want Dark Rangers will be satisfied with the implementation.

3+ Year Old Account
    I believe WoW needs a major reform. But a lot of the suggestions in regards to class don't go much further than the aesthetics of a Dark Ranger or a Tinker.

There's a great blog from Heroes of the Storm that explains the difference between bottom-up design and top-down design:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hero...of-two-shamans

Thrall's hero is a top-down design: Blizzard established who Thrall is and thus imagined abilities that would fit the fantasy of playing Thrall.

Rehgar is a bottom-up design: Rehgar is an obscure orc, so he can be anything, Blizzard needed a melee healer, and thus worked this pragmatic role up into the fantasy of what a melee healer would be like.

When people suggest a Tinker or a Dark Ranger, they advocate for a top-down design. Which is already better than a many other suggestions which don't amount further than combining fantasy words.

A few pages back I did a breakdown on three potential specs for Dark Ranger. My favorite of those is the cover and stealth using ranged rogue. That IMHO fits well with Rangers as they essentially played Hide and Seek with the Amani to see who can get more stealth kills. They obviously still operate as rangers, just with a few added Shadow powers. Based on the most famous Dark Ranger, Sylvanas herself, and how she can attack with screams and empower with songs (As seen in Silverpine for example) a bard like second spec is far from alien to them. The difficult part is the melee spec as a dual wielding light to medium armor wearing class would be dangerously close to rogue, but if it were an evasion + parry tank, problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    dark rangers are new class in Dragonflight.

Source: Trust me Bruh
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything