Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    NGL, I think other concepts are more mechanically interesting than Dark Rangers.

So I think they would work better as a class skin or any sort of additional customization rather than as a class.

And after "subraces" appearing through Allied Races, I think "class skins" really could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Everything dies. Nothing is eternal, so yeah.

Does that bum you out knowing everything you know around you will eventually come to an end? It's just life, dude.

Don't live your life waiting on Dark Rangers.
    Sooner than expected, though?

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Honestly, I have cooled to the Dark Ranger idea. While initially I felt it was covered by Hunter, if they elaborated on the class concept by merging things such as the Dark Wardens from BfA and the Night Warrior into one sort of merged class, it would provided alot of room to have an actual unique class and allow multiple races on both factions to use it. Kind of like how Hunter is composed of Ranger, Marksman and Beast Master concepts, etc.
    Now, here's someone who gets it.

Honestly, I have cooled to the Dark Ranger idea. While initially I felt it was covered by Hunter, if they elaborated on the class concept by merging things such as the Dark Wardens from BfA and the Night Warrior into one sort of merged class, it would provided alot of room to have an actual unique class and allow multiple races on both factions to use it. Kind of like how Hunter is composed of Ranger, Marksman and Beast Master concepts, etc.

That said, Tinkers objectively deserve to get in first.
    Tinkers will never happen and they don't deserve to get in first. They objectively deserve to be last if any time remains before the heat death of the universe. Use engineering and roll a gnome warrior/rogue and you have yourself a Tinker straight from the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Tinkers will never happen and they don't deserve to get in first. They objectively deserve to be last if any time remains before the heat death of the universe. Use engineering and roll a gnome warrior/rogue and you have yourself a Tinker straight from the lore.
    Where's my mech suit? Where are my turrets?

Talking an awful lot of utter stupidity for someone who wants a class that's only unique trait is already a talent for a class that does everything Dark Ranger already does.

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    what are your thoughts ?
    What are YOUR thoughts?

Talking an awful lot of utter stupidity for someone who wants a class that's only unique trait is already a talent for a class that does everything Dark Ranger already does.
    Everything?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Because there is only one using bows/guns?

Making another bow user is the archetype that makes the most sense.

We have multiple melee users, sharing weapons, helle even sharing weapons with casters (though different stats obviously).

Multiple shield users, multiple staff and wand users.

Only 1 bow and arrow.
    There several ones they could do to balance a bit the armor/weapon ratio:
    - Tinker: Mail. Tank (dagger, axe, sword, mace, shield) / Healer (crossbow, gun) / Ranged DPS (crossbow/gun)
    - Dark Ranger: Leather. Melee DPS (dagger, sword, axe) / Ranged DPS (bow, crossbow)
    - Night Warrior: Mail. Melee DPS (sword, glaive, fist) / Ranged DPS (dagger, polearm, sword, glaive) / Healer (bow, crossbow)

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    There several ones they could do to balance a bit the armor/weapon ratio:
    - Tinker: Mail. Tank (dagger, axe, sword, mace, shield) / Healer (crossbow, gun) / Ranged DPS (crossbow/gun)
    - Dark Ranger: Leather. Melee DPS (dagger, sword, axe) / Ranged DPS (bow, crossbow)
    - Night Warrior: Mail. Melee DPS (sword, glaive, fist) / Ranged DPS (dagger, polearm, sword, glaive) / Healer (bow, crossbow)
    You are correct... Though the original comment make it so all of those choices doesn't make sense.

Since we already have bow/arrow
    It's silly...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Sooner than expected, though?
    Pessimistically speaking, good luck waiting.

Pragmatically speaking, Yes very soon! As a customization option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If class skins are 10.0 feature, Dark Ranger for Hunter and Necromancer for Warlock make perfect sense as pre-order bonus.
    Imagining succumbing to this nonsense yet again...

10+ Year Old Account
    So this is how these WoW streamers/clickbaiters/whatever get their views, they use a sockpuppet account to post their shitty videos on WoW forums, and ask people for their "thoughts".

Not a chance. I'd rather set my PC on fire.

I watched the video allready and honestly. It IS quite... good. His conclusion is not bad. His predictions at the end are just speculationa nd he says that.

Stop acting like T&E are some kind of evil wow shills.
    He can be a snobby asshole on streams but his videos are definetly well researched and he gives at least some reasons and actuall stuff ingame and ptr that point towards shadow hunter. Tinker in turn has basically nothing.

i hate the idea of class skins. its as lazy as allied races.

better idea would be the datamined questline unlocks a dark ranger spec for hunters. brings back the old ranged sv dot playstyle with black arrow that they deleted in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Pessimistically speaking, good luck waiting.

Pragmatically speaking, Yes very soon! As a customization option.
    I was talking about the game. Is it about to die for good?

Tali is a massive twat with a fragile ego and the video is just clickbait.

lol he's just proved my point by losing his shit with his own mod and banning multiple people because of a disagreement over the Sylvanas book, absolute manchild.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2022-03-31 at 04:36 PM.

I LOVE the idea of class skins. So many of us have been praying for an expansion on that system since Fel Fire was granted to warlocks.

I've always wanted a blue fire mage.. manafire, or ya know.. just.. cantrips to personalize your spells.

Tali presented really interesting updates and tidbits I wouldn't have discovered on my own, why else would many of these edits be in a current build if this werent the direction theyre going?

Also LOVE the idea of playing marksman with new aesthetics. please do. It's not lazy, its c u s t o m i z a t i o n.. some of us play purely for aesthetics. this would be an awesome direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Night warrior / lunar animations would get me to play a warrior past lvl 20 :')

More mana-infused animations for demonhunter (blue>green) would be amaaaazing. easily my main if they were blue

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I was talking about the game. Is it about to die for good?
    Why would it die? Blizzard still makes hundreds of millions of dollars off WoW. It's one of the few MMO's that still profitable with a subscription, makes plenty of profit off store mounts, and has the WoW token and WoW Classic to buffer its subscription. I don't see it going away.

Don't confuse subscriber numbers and general interest with profit and sustainability. This game could be F2P before it dies, and still continue making a significant profit through MTX as it's already doing.

I mean look at Heroes of the Storm or Diablo 3. Would you consider it dead or gone? Because people are still playing it, daily.

Same with an abomination like Warcraft 3 Reforged. Not dead by any means.

Pragmatism, not pessimism.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-03-31 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevariel View Post
    I LOVE the idea of class skins. So many of us have been praying for an expansion on that system since Fel Fire was granted to warlocks.

I've always wanted a blue fire mage.. manafire, or ya know.. just.. cantrips to personalize your spells.

Tali presented really interesting updates and tidbits I wouldn't have discovered on my own, why else would many of these edits be in a current build if this werent the direction theyre going?

Also LOVE the idea of playing marksman with new aesthetics. please do. It's not lazy, its c u s t o m i z a t i o n.. some of us play purely for aesthetics. this would be an awesome direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Night warrior / lunar animations would get me to play a warrior past lvl 20 :')

More mana-infused animations for demonhunter (blue>green) would be amaaaazing. easily my main if they were blue
    Class skins is kind of meh in my opinion.

Given the difficulty of making a new class, the balancing, the gear, the art work, the animation etc... I wouldn't be surprised to just see folks get class skins instead of a new class.

On the other hand, Blizz really needs to hit it out of the park in terms of expansions to make up for shadowlands, so maybe we get a new class and class skins. I guess we really won't know for another 3ish weeks.

lmao the way some of you newbies formulate your ideas and what is and what isnt what should be or shouldnt be... example "I dont think the DR mechanics are different enough" bro THANKFULLY you arent designing classes. Cant you guys just talk about what it would mean to have a DR class.. and not 10 reasons DR doesnt fit WoW

NONE OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING.

I want Dark Rangers - Tinkers - Necromancers - Spellwarden and the list goes on.. you know why? cuz its fun to have something new to play with. Its not your job to make reason out of these class concepts.. thats up to blizzard.. you just fanboy out or you dont. stop with the counter arguments left and right nobody but hermits that sit on the forum ALL day cares like Teriz the ill and his buttbuddy Verx or whatever that little man is called.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It ends in the idea of class skins in next expansion.
    So like that EoA leak that has had a few bits that have been true.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day