Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands Epilogue Cutscenes, Sylvanas Novel Now Available

Shadowlands Epilogue Cutscenes
    A short epilogue quest chain is available from Zereth Mortis today that reveals the fate of Sylvanas Windrunner. SPOILERS

Warcraft: Sylvanas Now Available for Purchase
    The book is also available to purchase on Amazon. Purchases through this link support the site.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The new World of Warcraft novel, Warcraft®: Sylvanas is now available wherever books are sold. Authored by New York Times best-selling and award-winning writer, Christie Golden, this new novel chronicles the epic, definitive story of the legendary Sylvanas Windrunner.

Go on an auditory journey with voice actress Patty Mattson, the voice of Sylvanas Windrunner in World of Warcraft®, who will narrate the audiobook, which will be published by Penguin Random House Audio.

About the Book
    Ranger-General. Banshee Queen. Warchief. Sylvanas Windrunner has borne many titles. To some, she is a hero . . . to others, a villain. But whether in pursuit of justice, vengeance, or something more, Sylvanas has always sought to control her own destiny.

The power to achieve her goals has never been closer, as Sylvanas works alongside the Jailer to liberate all Azeroth from the prison of fate. Her final task? Secure the fealty of their prisoner—King Anduin Wrynn.

To succeed, Sylvanas will be forced to reflect on the harrowing path that brought her to the Jailer’s side, and reveal her truest self to her greatest rival. Here, Sylvanas’ complete story is laid bare: from the breaking of the Windrunner family and her rise to Ranger-General; to her own death at the hands of Arthas and her renewed purpose in founding the Forsaken; to the moment she first beheld the Maw, and understood the true consequences of what lay beyond the veil of death. But as her moment of victory draws near, Sylvanas Windrunner will make a choice that may ultimately come to define her. A choice that’s hers alone to make.

About the Author
    Christie Golden is the award-winning New York Times bestselling author of fifty-six books and more than a dozen short stories in the fields of fantasy, science fiction, and horror. For Blizzard Entertainment, she's contributed five StarCraft® novels, including the “Dark Templar” trilogy, and the Warcraft/World of Warcraft books “Lord of the Clans,” “Rise of the Horde,” “Arthas: Rise of the Lich King,” “War Crimes,” “Before the Storm,” and “Exploring Azeroth: Eastern Kingdoms.” In 2017, she was awarded the International Association of Media Tie-in Writers Faust Award and named a Grandmaster in recognition of thirty years of writing. She currently works full-time for Blizzard Entertainment, where she frequents Azeroth on a regular basis.

Warcraft Literature Chronology
    If you're into World of Warcraft lore and would like to see all the books, comics and other literature in chronological order then check out the Warcraft Literature Chronology, now updated for Shadowlands!

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-04-03 at 08:57 PM.

Lets see what Horde leader blizzard is going to kill or ruin next :P

I put my money on Lor'themar Theron since a few of the community still like him so he has a big target above him head.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Lets see what Horde leader blizzard is going to kill or ruin next :P
    I hope they kill Baine and Calia but those are favorites of Golden so probably not.

lmao so bad.

Can't wait until we get some super cosmic level bad guy that makes us retrieve Illidan and Sylvanas and who knows who else by that point.

fuck off with you putting every actually relevant plot detail into a fucking book. PUT IT IN YOUR GAME.

Holy fucking hell.
    I will not mock them this time for this dogshit story but quality of these videos remindes me 2009 amateur machinimas.
    What happened to Blizzard polish recently?

Watch first vid at 1/4 speed:
    0:34 - Sylvanas suddenly stands up from the ground??
    0:53 - 0:54 - bottom left corner - WTF?!
    1:08 - 1:10 - wtf are these face expressions?

Second video:
    0:10 - 0:12 - Sylvanas is completely missing??

I noticed only these after watching both only twice... did i miss something?
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-03-29 at 06:07 PM.

Thank you Blizzard. You've created the most prime example of a poorly written character with confusing motives that don't seem to overall match her previous actions in other expansions.

This is a character that should be taught in universities of how to NOT write a character. Let the name Sylvanas Windrunner be echo'd as the biggest embarrassment of the company, and may she never be brought up until a proper writing team is actually confident to know how to direct her character.

May the Shadowlands never be brought up again, May we never return there, May it never come at our doorstep, and May the mention of the Jailer be forgotten from the annals of WoW's history as the Worst Villain to ever be conceived or be given thought.

What I'm getting at is this: This expansion sucks more than a black hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off to do her Maw dailies...

I actually enjoyed theese scenes. Even with how bad the writing for Sylvanas has been since BfA, I do enjoy the character and seeing her FINALLY evolve and go on a hiatus feels satisfying at least.
    Im glad she didnt become the Arbiter, died or ran off with Nathanos.

So this is the end of Sylvanas.... right?

RIGHT?!

omg. i just watched the cinematic! sylvanas explodes at the end! wtf. was not expecting that ending. especially when everyone started clapping afterwards. sorry for posting spoilers, scroll up and watch it, its still a great cinematic.

I enjoyed them. I enjoyed all of Shadowlands, actually. Hopefully we get more of this kinda story in the next expansion, just with more story and less waiting.

5+ Year Old Account
    At least that's some justice. God, I still need to finish those quests.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-03-29 at 06:42 PM.

As much as I'm glad that it did not end in something as simple as "Tyrande chopped her head off, the end" (As that would be too easy and would not really feel satisfying in any way) - I do hate that this by all means gives the writers the ability to bring her back. Unlike if say: Illidan returns - His return would mark that the Burning Legion is on it's way again and it would not be the worst of things... The mere fact that they now have the option to bring back Sylvanas is just terrifying as it would hold no merit and simply stir up a s**tstorm. I hope that they are treating this as a "Forever and ever" kind of deal - As in that she will never finish this job, or if she does - She just decides to stay in the Maw and never becomes relevant again, but yeah... Just that she still exists is a red flag.

It would be okay if we like 6-8 years from now get to see or know that she has perished entirely just so we can be sure. I mean... The writing team had the decency to actually "Completely kill off" their other worst written character ever: Garrosh. His soul is gone in it's entirety and there is no chance that his piss poor "Wha, I am essentially just Daddy Issues The Character" face will ever plague us again, and they did this like what? 6 years-ish after his death in WoD? I suppose in whatever expansion that 12.X ends on we may hear if Sylvanas is completely gone or not.

I still don't get how Sylvanas changed her mind.

One moment she commits genocide on the Nightelves and unleashes N'zoth upon the world and breaks Anduin and the next she next she asks Tyranda to kill her because shes been bad.

Are we really supposed to believe Anduins smolder and the Jailer going "rawr serve" caused her to do a complete 180 away from being a genocidal maniac?

Is anyone gonna buy the book after this mess? It feels like they should pay people to read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads-up: You'll most likely find yourself having to watch the cutscenes here on MMO-Champion. Attempting to do so while on the quest "The Fate of Sylvanas" currently will crash your game client when Tyrande begins to speak. Re-logging will only skip you to the quest turn-in.

This is the least aggravating ending they could use to wrap it up. A decent attempt at damage control. I definitely have a morbid curiosity towards what the original ending was going to be and how the players would receive that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaneo View Post
    Is anyone gonna buy the book after this mess? It feels like they should pay people to read it.
    Yes. I imagine this book will be more popular simply because of the number of people who are hate-reading it. It's like with the recent LotR mini-series "woke" outrage. There's no such thing as bad publicity.