Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually a cool resolution. I haven't checked yet, but I wonder if you can jump into the Maw and run into Sylvanas there.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair I guess this was the best outcome they could have given. *shrug*

Its a shame we never got any conclusions around Sylvanas and Genn? I guess his revenge was in Legion when he halted her plans there? Maybe that was his closure.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-03-29 at 08:08 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yes. It's better we just pretend it doesn't exist.
    Another parallel to draw with Shadowlands.

"go chill out in the maw for 1 expansion, before we make you the main hero of the next expansion with an amazing redemption ark showing your struggles in the maw before being welcomed back as leader of the horde"

She's shelved, nothing more. Elf on a shelf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not the last we will see of Sylvanas ... I wonder for how long is Danuser going to keep his waifu looking for his self-insert in the maw.

I can already see it, they will both come back from the Maw and save the player at the last moment of 10.0 , Sylvanas now fully redeemed with Nathanos at her side.

Damn, the voice acting and writing is constantly lowering the bar. Impressive.

First off, when did Alleria and her sister arrive in the Shadowlands? Was that covered in the story at all?

Anyways, the ending wasn't bad if you're looking at it in a vacuum (AKA ignoring how we got here). On the whole, there's so much that failed to happen to make this ending materialize in any impactful manner for the viewer.

On the other, I will say, the cinematics are looking better from the team. Especially the facial animations on the in-game models. Still pretty rough, but they are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Holy fucking hell.
    I will not mock them this time for this dogshit story but quality of these videos remindes me 2009 amateur machinimas.
    What happened to Blizzard polish recently?

Watch first vid at 1/4 speed:
    0:34 - Sylvanas suddenly stands up from the ground??
    0:53 - 0:54 - bottom left corner - WTF?!
    1:08 - 1:10 - wtf are these face expressions?

Second video:
    0:10 - 0:12 - Sylvanas is completely missing??

I noticed only these after watching both only twice... did i miss something?
    0:34 - lul i didn't catch this

0:53 - 0:54 - the Arbiter watches from the shadows!

1:08 - 1:10 - haha I noticed this too

Second video:
    0:10 - 0:12 - Sylvanas isn't standing on the ring to jump into the Maw. If you watch shes just outside of the ring so you can't see her when the camera zooms in on Tyrande. Not really a fuck up imo

I'd rather they killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    First off, when did Alleria and her sister arrive in the Shadowlands? Was that covered in the story at all?

Anyways, the ending wasn't bad if you're looking at it in a vacuum (AKA ignoring how we got here). On the whole, there's so much that failed to happen to make this ending materialize in any impactful manner for the viewer.

On the other, I will say, the cinematics are looking better from the team. Especially the facial animations on the in-game models. Still pretty rough, but they are better.
    There are plenty mistakes in the movie, for example where characters are not even looking at the characters talking, they just stare into the abyss like soulless bots, no polish and pretty amateurish still and inexcusable for a big developer such as Blizzard. Oh well, maybe "next" expansion, right?

0:34 first video: on the right side gnome and human staring into nothingness.

No idea how and why some people praise these subpar fan "cut-scenes". It just screams: Amateur.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2022-03-29 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    There are plenty mistakes in the movie, for example where characters are not even looking at the characters talking, they just stare into the abyss like soulless bots, no polish and pretty amateurish still and inexcusable for a big developer such as Blizzard. Oh well, maybe "next" expansion, right?

0:34 first video: on the right side gnome and human staring into nothingness.

No idea how and why some people praise these subpar fan "cut-scenes". It just screams: Amateur.
    Like I said, better. I didn't say they were good in any capacity. lol

Soooo... will the owl report anything if like, Sylvanas and Nathanos... do things? Will Tyrande check up once in a while and might fall on such thing? Can the owl transmit messages? "Stop kissing and save my people Elune dammit".

She went there because she will be looking for Nathanos. It's not like she was atoning for her sins, she was still going there no matter what... so yeah, wouldn't call that a punishment. She'll be back, that's for sure, lol

The biggest punishment Blizzard could think of was to send her to one the major content areas of the expansion. Haha

"You will be doomed to play Shadowlands for the rest of your days"

Quote Originally Posted by edave220
    Second video:
    0:10 - 0:12 - Sylvanas isn't standing on the ring to jump into the Maw. If you watch shes just outside of the ring so you can't see her when the camera zooms in on Tyrande. Not really a fuck up imo
    Already replied about it HERE
    Also check later around 1:00 or later she is again at this place.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-03-29 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edave22 View Post
    Second video:
    Plenty of fuck ups actually. Rewatch the very beginning of the video. At 0:01, Sylvanas is clearly standing on the blue part of the ring, and doesnt move. Yet at 0:10 they go for an aerial shot and she's gone without ever moving an inch. Your assumption could be correct if the video started at 0:03 with the POV from inside the ring at a lower angle, making it hard to tell exact positions. But we have the first 2 seconds of clip to counter that possibility.
    I'm guessing the newest interns are working on the 2min cutscenes now.

Ian: "Sylvannas will not accept her fate like Garrosh did at the end of MoP."

*Garrosh rises from the ashes*
    Garrosh: LIES!!!!

Also, what's stopping Sylvannas from escaping the Maw at this point?
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2022-03-29 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Lets see what Horde leader blizzard is going to kill or ruin next :P

I put my money on Lor'themar Theron since a few of the community still like him so he has a big target above him head.
    I dont think the horde has any leaders left? lets see...
    cairne CHECK
    garrosh CHECK
    vol'jin CHECK
    sylvanas CHECK
    gallywix CHECK
    thrall Neutral
    baine Alliance

ignoring allied races that leaves lorthemar, who was in talks with varian over rejoining the alliance.

horde is essentially defunct, id be honestly surprised if we get back to azeroth and its still intact and turalyon hasnt conquered azeroth

It was a decent ending for such a shitty story tbh.

That being said, I still don't understand why she burned Teldrassil if it was all her own action? Did I miss something or is this never exactly explained?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaneo View Post
    Is anyone gonna buy the book after this mess? It feels like they should pay people to read it.
    Should release an art book of the Jailers Nipples from multiple angles, backdrops and settings.