Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I dont think the horde has any leaders left? lets see...
    cairne CHECK
    garrosh CHECK
    vol'jin CHECK
    sylvanas CHECK
    gallywix CHECK
    thrall Neutral
    baine Alliance

ignoring allied races that leaves lorthemar, who was in talks with varian over rejoining the alliance.

horde is essentially defunct, id be honestly surprised if we get back to azeroth and its still intact and turalyon hasnt conquered azeroth
    Yeah that's pretty weird. It will be very hard or almost impossible for Blizz to establish likeable and "role model" horde leaders like the original ones. Blizzard messed up big time here ngl.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lip sync and expressions on these new ingame cutscenes have been improved drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaneo View Post
    Is anyone gonna buy the book after this mess? It feels like they should pay people to read it.
    Nope. no more WoW books with current crop of writers.read and returned Before the Storm, that book broke me

So... community service.

Wow.

BLIZZCON 2018

ION: YE SYLVANAS WILL NOT SUBMIT TO NOBODY JUDGMENT SHE DO WHAT SHE WANT SHE IS LIKE GARROSH ETC ETC

I submit to Tyrande judgment, full soygirl.

k

7+ Year Old Account
    Just as lame as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Ian: "Sylvannas will not accept her fate like Garrosh did at the end of MoP."
    Is there a source for this quote...? Was this actually something that someone at Blizzard said?

Also, what's stopping Sylvannas from escaping the Maw at this point?
    A combination of constant supervision from Tyrande's spirit owl and trust that her remorse and acceptance of her judgment is actually genuine. Which, all things considered, no one has cause to doubt at the moment.

It doesn't really serve Sylvanas in any way to try and weasel her way out of her judgment, assuming she's legitimately remorseful. But at this juncture, it would be really weird if she wasn't.

1+ Year Old Account
    Wake up, babe. It's time for your daily Two Minutes Danuser Hate.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It was a decent ending for such a shitty story tbh.

That being said, I still don't understand why she burned Teldrassil if it was all her own action? Did I miss something or is this never exactly explained?
    That was to funnel more souls into the maw for the Jailer's benefit. Just like what Denathrius did.

Boo. You ruined the potential for a controversial hero and made a stock mustache-twirling bad guy instead. Boo. Boo you, Blizzard.

Wait, so let me get this straight.

All of the souls of Tyrande's people are in the Maw.

Apparently this is a really bad fate.

She wants them saved and freed.

Apparently we can do this just by sending Sylvanas down there to find and save them somehow.

But Tyrande won't also do it herself? Send others? Free the souls of her people herself, or just get it done quicker than one person doing it?

Thanks for nothing, Tyrande. Sheesh.

I feel sorry for the owl, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Soooo... will the owl report anything if like, Sylvanas and Nathanos... do things? Will Tyrande check up once in a while and might fall on such thing? Can the owl transmit messages? "Stop kissing and save my people Elune dammit".
    There's so many questions and/or issues like this as a result of how Blizz is trying to explain and wrap up this expansion. Along your question, what would happen if her owl got killed or Sylvannas doesn't do what she said? What could Tyrande do even under the assumption that she can communicate with her owl across the veil? I suppose with all the other wrap-up interactions and dialogue that the Shadowlands is a tourist destination now, and apparently it's easy enough to cross the veil between Shadowlands and Azeroth now. Glad this realm of Death is so easy to travel to and leave from, not like that could have any serious consequences or wouldn't have been useful at the start of this expansion or for the Jailer's plans.

The main reason a lot of people are upset with the writing is because it's so bad that you don't even have to think much at all to notice holes in the logic or some serious flaws and contradictions in the story. Regardless if there were some extenuating circumstances around the development of this expansion, Blizz still released a terrible story.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Writer's room, Irvine:

Ion: "Okay, let's get this meeting started. We need to close this expansion early, as you know, so let's get these last bits of story settled."
    Steve Danuser: "You got my scene with Sylvanas yelling "Azeroth is FREE!", right?"
    Ion: "Yeah, Steve. About that. We're gonna go in a different direction."
    Steve Danuser: "What? You can't do that. It ties directly into the scene where my girlfr...main character finds m....Nathanos. It's great. Very dramatic, and I dare say romantic? I have the orchestra booked."
    (the staff rolls their collective eyes)
    Ion: "Yeah. No. Look, Christie already wrote the wrap up scenes for the raid and campaign. We're gonna go with that."
    Steve Danuser: (grabs papers and scans pages quickly) "Wait, Tyrande judges her? She goes to the Maw with an owl? That's supposed to be m...Nathanos! You can't do this. She's mine. I won't do it."
    Ion: "It's done."
    Steve Danuser: "I'll go to Ybarra."
    Ion. "If you do, we'll do the scene where Nathanos is disenchanted for anima all alone in Revendreft, and he'll be gone forever."
    Steve Danuser: "You wouldn't dare."
    Ion: "Try me. We're a laughingstock over your story, this ends. Now. If you behave we might let you reference Sylvanas a couple of times in the next expansion. If not...we have Christy."
    Steve Danuser: "Fine. You haven't heard the last about this. Mark my words!" (stomps from room)
    Ion: "Oh, and Steve?"
    Steve Danuser: "What."
    Ion: "The Sylvanas statue doesn't belong in your office. Put it back in the foyer where it belongs."
    Steve flees gulping back tears.

-scene-

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Wait, so let me get this straight.

All of the souls of Tyrande's people are in the Maw.

Apparently this is a really bad fate.

She wants them saved and freed.

Apparently we can do this just by sending Sylvanas down there to find and save them somehow.

But Tyrande won't also do it herself? Send others? Free the souls of her people herself, or just get it done quicker than one person doing it?

Thanks for nothing, Tyrande. Sheesh.
    Presumably, the covenants still have both a presence in the Maw and an active interest in also rescuing souls from there, so I would imagine it's not as though Sylvanas is going to be totally alone down there finding souls (all condemned souls, too, not just the night elf souls) handfuls at a time. Pretty sure Tyrande mentioned either in the second cinematic or immediately after, she plans to get back to business in the living world, which is probably why she had Dori'thur be Sylvanas's watcher, rather that taking up the role herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I still don't get how Sylvanas changed her mind.

One moment she commits genocide on the Nightelves and unleashes N'zoth upon the world and breaks Anduin and the next she next she asks Tyranda to kill her because shes been bad.

Are we really supposed to believe Anduins smolder and the Jailer going "rawr serve" caused her to do a complete 180 away from being a genocidal maniac?
    You missed some story my dude... the jailer had a piece of her soul just like he had a piece of Arthas's, they also explain it with Uther as well... The piece of her soul was from when she died and as Sylvanas the mortal at the hands of Arthas, her humanity if you will, was returned to her by the Jailer, so the part of her soul that was good (pre-banshee) queen had to reconcile with the part that was bad. She's aware of everything she did but the humanity that has since returned to her realizes how shit she was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Holy fucking hell.
    I will not mock them this time for this dogshit story but quality of these videos remindes me 2009 amateur machinimas.
    What happened to Blizzard polish recently?

Watch first vid at 1/4 speed:
    0:34 - Sylvanas suddenly stands up from the ground??
    0:53 - 0:54 - bottom left corner - WTF?!
    1:08 - 1:10 - wtf are these face expressions?

Second video:
    0:10 - 0:12 - Sylvanas is completely missing??

I noticed only these after watching both only twice... did i miss something?
    It's an in-engine cutscene, but it's surprising they uploaded a version where the errors are so obvious. Didn't notice any issues while watching it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Lets see what Horde leader blizzard is going to kill or ruin next :P

I put my money on Lor'themar Theron since a few of the community still like him so he has a big target above him head.
    If you talk to Lor'themar before Sylvanas jumps into the Maw, he says how things that he's done may soon catch up to him as well. So, you're probably right. Lor'themar will become Warchief, and they'll do him just as dirty as they did Vol'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by tekaqua View Post
    You missed some story my dude... the jailer had a piece of her soul just like he had a piece of Arthas's, they also explain it with Uther as well... The piece of her soul was from when she died and as Sylvanas the mortal at the hands of Arthas, her humanity if you will, was returned to her by the Jailer, so the part of her soul that was good (pre-banshee) queen had to reconcile with the part that was bad. She's aware of everything she did but the humanity that has since returned to her realizes how shit she was.
    Another way to put it is the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Angel/Angelus plotline, but badly written.

I could see it being a really interesting plotline for Sylvanas, in fact, and have since I predicted it back at the beginning of BFA, but never thought this team of writers could pull it off (or would be allowed to pull it off, as they have had moments of brilliance, such as Jaina's BFA storyline) and ... I was right.

Doing dailies in the maw for an eternity is a fate worse than death, so the game got that right.