Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... those cutscenes were absolute trash. =| Felt like there were missing sounds... odd.

Imagine if the story quality would get the same amount of attention as Sylvanas does.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2022-03-30 at 03:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, a lot of "Simpson's Comic Book Guy" energy in this thread. Worst. Cutscene. Ever.

As for Ms. Windrunner...she is obviously going to be the NPC who discovers the truth behind the Jailer's cryptic end, and she'll inform us that the Crown of Wills is actually a very bad thing.

But that's a story for another expansion.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Really wish they would have devoted more time to Sylvanas' relationship to Alleria and Vereesa. Instead we get a glare of prideful indifference and then into The Maw she goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Really wish they would have devoted more time to Sylvanas' relationship to Alleria and Vereesa. Instead we get a glare of prideful indifference and then into The Maw she goes.
    Talk to each of them, they have a little page of interaction. And then you can listen to them talk about Sylvanas together "Stay a while". It ain't much, but it's something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being someone who actually has loved Sylvanas I’m not happy because I suspect this will be the last we see of her for a long long time. Blizz knows many fans are tired of her and now want to send her away. I’m sick and tired of losing the horde leaders. First Thrall, Cairne, Garrosh, Voljin, Saurfang and now Sylvanas. Sure alliance lost Magni and Varian but that pales in comparison.

If they wanted to kill off Baine I couldn’t have cared less but enough is enough. Just give me back Thrall or something as warchief. I long for the days of him and Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Holy fucking hell.
    I will not mock them this time for this dogshit story but quality of these videos remindes me 2009 amateur machinimas.
    What happened to Blizzard polish recently?

Watch first vid at 1/4 speed:
    0:34 - Sylvanas suddenly stands up from the ground??
    0:53 - 0:54 - bottom left corner - WTF?!
    1:08 - 1:10 - wtf are these face expressions?

Second video:
    0:10 - 0:12 - Sylvanas is completely missing??

I noticed only these after watching both only twice... did i miss something?
    Yeah i dono why they do cutscenes like this nowdays instead of the ususal CG trailers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I still don't get how Sylvanas changed her mind.

One moment she commits genocide on the Nightelves and unleashes N'zoth upon the world and breaks Anduin and the next she next she asks Tyranda to kill her because shes been bad.

Are we really supposed to believe Anduins smolder and the Jailer going "rawr serve" caused her to do a complete 180 away from being a genocidal maniac?
    The jailer returned her soul or something like that, which made her realise the error of her ways

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thaneo View Post
    Is anyone gonna buy the book after this mess? It feels like they should pay people to read it.
    I pre-ordered it with an audible token like 8 months ago.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's an in-engine cutscene, but it's surprising they uploaded a version where the errors are so obvious. Didn't notice any issues while watching it myself.
    Yes.
    Fixing these small fuckups are probably work for 2 hours but they clearly no longer care about 'Blizzard polish'.
    It really looks like nobody even checked if everything with it is fine before releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yes.
    Fixing these small fuckups are probably work for 2 hours but they clearly no longer care about 'Blizzard polish'.
    It really looks like nobody even checked if everything with it is fine before releasing.
    Considering how unstable in-game cutscenes usually are, this one is not among the worst. And the animation quality has definitely improved. Hopefully some day they'll be able to apply such subtle animations to our characters during those cutscenes, and maybe have some more natural rigs for background characters so that they don't just idle staring into nothing.

Now, if only they had a decent story to tell with them...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    The lip sync and expressions on these new ingame cutscenes have been improved drastically.
    Too bad all of that is made redundant by the terrible editing job.

Quote Originally Posted by tekaqua View Post
    You missed some story my dude... the jailer had a piece of her soul just like he had a piece of Arthas's, they also explain it with Uther as well... The piece of her soul was from when she died and as Sylvanas the mortal at the hands of Arthas, her humanity if you will, was returned to her by the Jailer, so the part of her soul that was good (pre-banshee) queen had to reconcile with the part that was bad. She's aware of everything she did but the humanity that has since returned to her realizes how shit she was.
    Right, but then she wasn't actually in control of her own actions, it was the split soul that caused her to be evil.

The "she did evil shit because her soul was split" and "I was fully in control of my own actions" doesn't fit together.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yes. It's better we just pretend it doesn't exist.
    Pretend what doesn't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    "go chill out in the maw for 1 expansion, before we make you the main hero of the next expansion with an amazing redemption ark showing your struggles in the maw before being welcomed back as leader of the horde"
    Bold of you to assume they'll bother showing anything. If anything they'll release a novel about it after the expansion where she is re-introduced in is over

Questions I still have:

How did the jailer get her soul after she jumped off icc? The arbiter was still working so she should have been judged and sent to a different zone. And if the jailer could snatch souls before they got to the arbiter then what was stopping him from snatching up the strongest souls to dominate and use in his army.

If the jailer could plan for/around every event including sargeras stabbing azeroth then how did he not forsee us kicking his ass too

What was sylvanas end goal. I get the "changing fate" bs, kinda, but what was she specifically looking for that led to her, a master tactician and manipulator, being taken in by this clown

And why is no one trying to figure out what the jailers last words were about and what the fuck is coming next
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Karawaka View Post
    Questions I still have:

How did the jailer get her soul after she jumped off icc? The arbiter was still working so she should have been judged and sent to a different zone. And if the jailer could snatch souls before they got to the arbiter then what was stopping him from snatching up the strongest souls to dominate and use in his army.

If the jailer could plan for/around every event including sargeras stabbing azeroth then how did he not forsee us kicking his ass too

What was sylvanas end goal. I get the "changing fate" bs, kinda, but what was she specifically looking for that led to her, a master tactician and manipulator, being taken in by this clown

And why is no one trying to figure out what the jailers last words were about and what the fuck is coming next
    Presumably Sylvanas soul split happened when she was stabbed by Frostmourne. And that allowed the Jailer to grab her before the Arbiter.

As for why she worked with the Jailer, I think Blizzard is hoping really hard you don't ask that question because they have no answer.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Bold of you to assume they'll bother showing anything. If anything they'll release a novel about it after the expansion where she is re-introduced in is over
    Shadowlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Yeah i dono why they do cutscenes like this nowdays instead of the ususal CG trailers.

- - - Updated - - -

The jailer returned her soul or something like that, which made her realise the error of her ways

- - - Updated - - -

I pre-ordered it with an audible token like 8 months ago.
    If you ever watched the Supernatural TV series, think about Sylvanas that we've been interacting with like Soulless Sam from season 6 or Donatello after he meets Amara.
    Now she has her soul back.
    The question of whether or not she's responsible for her actions while not in possession of her soul (her soul is not in possession of her body?) is subjective and debatable.
    I suppose it could be viewed in the same vein as mind altering drugs.
    A.) an unmedicated (before soul reclamation) person misbehaving, does the medicated (after) person bear responsibility? Think about it as maybe paranoid schizophrenia, honestly believing people are trying to kill them and acting, in good faith, in self defense.
    B.) Or alternatively, a drugged (before) person misbehaving, are (after) they responsible when it wears off?
    Last edited by Pendraeg; 2022-03-30 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    What I'm getting at is this: This expansion sucks more than a black hole.
    Black holes don't have suction.

7+ Year Old Account
    i came to say how cringe all this stuff was but even that awfulness was overshadowed by the quality of the cinematic, who the hell did those? did they rly just run out of budget? cause its look so bad, all the stuttering i had to look twice to see if it was the internet or some shit.

Awlful in every way possible, every time i hear sylvanus it make me want to drown in piss, and they want to sell an audiobook, hilarious. Well, at least this pain will end for now, legendary sylvanus my ass.

1+ Year Old Account
    Much like the Old Gods will always find a new powerful agent to corrupt in Azeroth, we cannot end WoW's bad writing without rooting out its source: Christie Golden must go. Can we like, get her an offer somewhere else? Or maybe a Kickstarter to help her launch her own non-WoW-related business of publishing mediocre fanfic?