Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Nothing out of the ordinary.

After enduring a few months of "Liquit" jokes, they'll back back exactly where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    You're missing a lot of context. Ghostcrawler was talking very specifically about heroic dungeons, you know, casual and gearing content. When it comes to raiding, the game offers four difficulty tiers. One tier being "too hard" does not steer people from raids; they simply go down to the tier that suits them. If they choose not to raid, it's because of time commitment, quality of other players, or whatever else.

There has been no evidence presented that equates a significant number of people not raiding and the difficulty of raids.

edit: To add, Ghostcrawler's comments were from Cataclysm. Even if it were applicable to raids, it's so far out of context now. In 2022, where Elden Ring sold as many copies as it did, it's absolutely laughable that hard difficulty drives people away.
    It's not that people "go down to the tier that suits them". Heroic and below are not interesting... they are typically far too easily outgeared. What happens is there are a lot of people who just don't have any interesting raiding content to do, because mythic is designed exclusively for organized guilds and can't be pugged no matter how much gear you have because coordination requirements are too high, and heroic is too easy.

The devs seem totally unaware of this because they seem really focused on the top end (similar to the problem with m+ design), and they aren't thinking about what is fun for the other 95 out of 100 players who can't block off the same two/three nights a week every week for mythic. Given that wow's population is old, this seems like a really dumb way for them to design a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Nothing out of the ordinary.

After enduring a few months of "Liquit" jokes, they'll back back exactly where they were.
    I wouldn't count on that. Method is going to bump them out of their #2 spot, just like they did this tier. Liquid will be staring at #3 in their best case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You're wrong, but whatever lol. Players go play EU if they get offered a better spot in a better guild with better pay. Liquid blew this tier, period.
    Did I ever imply otherwise? I just disagreed with your overly cynical take about the guild being on the verge of disbandment.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Did I ever imply otherwise? I just disagreed with your overly cynical take about the guild being on the verge of disbandment.
    I never said they were on the verge of disbandment. You're the one who said it's "100% not happening" and all I said was:

Except we've seen it happen with guilds in the past, claiming that it 100% won't is just your bias speaking. Guilds like Echo, Method, ect will and have poached players from guilds such as Blood Legion, Vodka, or Paragon. The players are more inclined to leave the guild because of the shit performance that happened this tier, in turn would make them have to recruit new players for their roster. It's a cycle and eventually a guild just falls apart due to something significant like being a "world first guild" and then falling to world 5th lol.
    It wouldn't be the first time a US first guild fell apart due to poor performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I never said they were on the verge of disbandment. You're the one who said it's "100% not happening" and all I said was:

It wouldn't be the first time a US first guild fell apart due to poor performance.
    Bro, go back another page.

Quote Originally Posted by you, a page before that
    Liquid might very well fall apart after screwing up so badly this tier.
    Don't move goal posts. You made a ridiculous claim, I disagreed with it for the reasons I've since stated. Liquid is not disbanding. End of.

/mic

Like any competitive team does? Some people stay, some move on, but the team will very likely be back for the next tier/season. The bigger question in my opinion is, what is this next tier and when shall people see it? If you care for playing the game and not just for internet drama that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    2 toons is what the fatboss guys were doing in 9.0 and that was slacking because they didn’t like the grind. Top guilds all have 4
    1 main
    1 main alt
    2 alts for splits
    I wasn't counting any possible alts for splits, because those take very little time and various semi-casual players do that too.

A main can take 10X the time an alt for splits needs because those alts can literally only raid log (e.g. no reps at all etc.).
    "If you have questions or suggestions about moderation, you go to a global (blue) moderator with them and discuss the matter in PMs. These kinds of discussions NEVER work out in public." xskarma, global moderator off mmo-champion, defender of democracy