Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I mean I agree the tier was tuned way too tightly even blizz admits that but Echo did outplay and out damage limit

    We also have to keep in mind that limit let sloppy play continue because of high output which is why they had a lot of wipes to instant kill mechanics along with Max not willing to be aggressive with calling the players out

    For example when a bomb wipes halondrus a dozen times in a row because amage keeps blinking after being told not to blink then it shouldn't be "remember guys don't blink or anything through these orbs with bombs because the hitbox is off" it should be "firedup I've already told you to not blink so why do you keep doing it?"

    And as for more damage let's not forget echo on Sylvanas just upping their damage for an extra 10% and getting a clean kill
    I'm specifically talking about on lords. Damage wasn't what mattered it was that echo was willing to say fuck it and go as long as they could using the death immunity and make blizz step in to stop them if they wanted to and liquid wasn't. Most of liquid's accounts have a six month strike against them for the rmt in legion for whatever reason echo's don't despite scripe admitting straight up buying gold directly. Limit is much more adverse to the ask for forgiveness after than echo is. Not saying echo wasn't better this tier just saying that specific boss wasn't about pump it was about being willing to risk blizz coming down hard on your for gimmicking living past the enrage by about a minute.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Hot take, the only way to rescue WoW from an inevitable demise is the destruction of raiding as we know it. Organized raiding belongs to a bygone age. It's not for this generation, and if something isn't for this generation it's a dying game. The entire WoW needs a Diablofication. The game has like 500 dungeons and raids. Make every last one of them playable with scaling mobs and bosses. Make them soloable like Torghast. Give raids a Solo queue like DF arenas. A ton of people like Diablo, except for the fact it's not an MMO. The good part of Diablo is that you can grind whatever you want for your e-peen gear. Put that in WoW.

    Before the 'I'd quit if they did that' I don't think so. Most of WoW addicts are fully committed to playing this game untill they die of old age and suffer from serious sunk costs fallacies. The hardcore raiders will continue no matter what happens to the game so no harm done. You can screw em over as hard as you want and they'll still keep playing. What the game needs is a breath of fresh air, and not just expansions that are always more of the same. WoW expansions are always the same game with new zones and a new raid. It's a dying concept. Re-invent the game and all of a sudden no other MMO compares in the amount of content and zones this game can give its players to play in.
    Nah pretty much everyone I know including myself would quit if they turned wow into casual raid mode with nothing mechanics wise but scaling hp.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I'm specifically talking about on lords. Damage wasn't what mattered it was that echo was willing to say fuck it and go as long as they could using the death immunity and make blizz step in to stop them if they wanted to and liquid wasn't. Most of liquid's accounts have a six month strike against them for the rmt in legion for whatever reason echo's don't despite scripe admitting straight up buying gold directly. Limit is much more adverse to the ask for forgiveness after than echo is. Not saying echo wasn't better this tier just saying that specific boss wasn't about pump it was about being willing to risk blizz coming down hard on your for gimmicking living past the enrage by about a minute.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nah pretty much everyone I know including myself would quit if they turned wow into casual raid mode with nothing mechanics wise but scaling hp.
    Even it true that would be acceptable. Because there’s so few of you and your friends in the game and so many potential customers in the sea who would like to do Blackwing Lair +22 and Wailing Caverns +24, with solo queue.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Even it true that would be acceptable. Because there’s so few of you and your friends in the game and so many potential customers in the sea who would like to do Blackwing Lair +22 and Wailing Caverns +24, with solo queue.
    No there really aren't lol but w/e

    The biggest reason WoW has survived for so long is there is nothing else like it raiding wise. There is no other game that's lets you play with 20 plus friends and raid unique bosses with hard mechanics.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No there really aren't lol but w/e

    The biggest reason WoW has survived for so long is there is nothing else like it raiding wise. There is no other game that's lets you play with 20 plus friends and raid unique bosses with hard mechanics.
    You can't be serious. Literally (not figuratively) a small fraction of anyone who buys an expansion, or subs to the game, enters raids and/or plays them in any serious way. Maintaining the 'raiding scene' is the biggest waste of time for the game developers. Why do they do it then? Risk aversion and conservatism. Raiding was a big thing back in 2006 when people were amazed of online games in general. Now raiding is just a hobby for a bunch of old guys who have been doing it forever and would suck in every other game.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    You can't be serious. Literally (not figuratively) a small fraction of anyone who buys an expansion, or subs to the game, enters raids and/or plays them in any serious way. Maintaining the 'raiding scene' is the biggest waste of time for the game developers. Why do they do it then? Risk aversion and conservatism. Raiding was a big thing back in 2006 when people were amazed of online games in general. Now raiding is just a hobby for a bunch of old guys who have been doing it forever and would suck in every other game.
    You're adorable if it's so easy then why aren't you clearing mythic?

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I'm specifically talking about on lords. Damage wasn't what mattered it was that echo was willing to say fuck it and go as long as they could using the death immunity and make blizz step in to stop them if they wanted to and liquid wasn't. Most of liquid's accounts have a six month strike against them for the rmt in legion for whatever reason echo's don't despite scripe admitting straight up buying gold directly. Limit is much more adverse to the ask for forgiveness after than echo is. Not saying echo wasn't better this tier just saying that specific boss wasn't about pump it was about being willing to risk blizz coming down hard on your for gimmicking living past the enrage by about a minute.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nah pretty much everyone I know including myself would quit if they turned wow into casual raid mode with nothing mechanics wise but scaling hp.
    Blizzard wiped guilds mid pull in the past if they did something that would have led to a kill and unless I'm mistaken the "exploit" is legit just using a mechanic that blizz didn't care enough to change

    As for rmt land favoritism let's keep in mind blizzard had the rogue from Duality playing at Blizzcon after he was already shown on stream to account share and boost for cash

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    You're adorable if it's so easy then why aren't you clearing mythic?
    Try to keep up. Nowhere in my post did I say it is easy. I said it’s a waste of time for the developers and the lack of innovation is sinking the game.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I apologize, I didn't know we had someone here who's privy to Blizzard's internal numbers. Are you still working for their marketing department, or was that a previous position?
    I brought you conclusive Google LLC evidence that the game is unpopular (the site 'google trends'; look it up). It's you who has the burden of proof, when your only argument is "only haters would believe Google LLC".
    "If you have questions or suggestions about moderation, you go to a global (blue) moderator with them and discuss the matter in PMs. These kinds of discussions NEVER work out in public." xskarma, global moderator off mmo-champion, defender of democracy

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I brought you conclusive Google LLC evidence that the game is unpopular (the site 'google trends'; look it up). It's you who has the burden of proof, when your only argument is "only haters would believe Google LLC".
    Why would google trends be relevant, if I want to know something there's a dozen different sites bookmarked to seek knowledge directly. I'll never show up in google trends although I play the game since it started.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •