Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I'm specifically talking about on lords. Damage wasn't what mattered it was that echo was willing to say fuck it and go as long as they could using the death immunity and make blizz step in to stop them if they wanted to and liquid wasn't. Most of liquid's accounts have a six month strike against them for the rmt in legion for whatever reason echo's don't despite scripe admitting straight up buying gold directly. Limit is much more adverse to the ask for forgiveness after than echo is. Not saying echo wasn't better this tier just saying that specific boss wasn't about pump it was about being willing to risk blizz coming down hard on your for gimmicking living past the enrage by about a minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah pretty much everyone I know including myself would quit if they turned wow into casual raid mode with nothing mechanics wise but scaling hp.
    Even it true that would be acceptable. Because there’s so few of you and your friends in the game and so many potential customers in the sea who would like to do Blackwing Lair +22 and Wailing Caverns +24, with solo queue.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Even it true that would be acceptable. Because there’s so few of you and your friends in the game and so many potential customers in the sea who would like to do Blackwing Lair +22 and Wailing Caverns +24, with solo queue.
    No there really aren't lol but w/e

The biggest reason WoW has survived for so long is there is nothing else like it raiding wise. There is no other game that's lets you play with 20 plus friends and raid unique bosses with hard mechanics.

No there really aren't lol but w/e

The biggest reason WoW has survived for so long is there is nothing else like it raiding wise. There is no other game that's lets you play with 20 plus friends and raid unique bosses with hard mechanics.
    You can't be serious. Literally (not figuratively) a small fraction of anyone who buys an expansion, or subs to the game, enters raids and/or plays them in any serious way. Maintaining the 'raiding scene' is the biggest waste of time for the game developers. Why do they do it then? Risk aversion and conservatism. Raiding was a big thing back in 2006 when people were amazed of online games in general. Now raiding is just a hobby for a bunch of old guys who have been doing it forever and would suck in every other game.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    You can't be serious. Literally (not figuratively) a small fraction of anyone who buys an expansion, or subs to the game, enters raids and/or plays them in any serious way. Maintaining the 'raiding scene' is the biggest waste of time for the game developers. Why do they do it then? Risk aversion and conservatism. Raiding was a big thing back in 2006 when people were amazed of online games in general. Now raiding is just a hobby for a bunch of old guys who have been doing it forever and would suck in every other game.
    You're adorable if it's so easy then why aren't you clearing mythic?

I'm specifically talking about on lords. Damage wasn't what mattered it was that echo was willing to say fuck it and go as long as they could using the death immunity and make blizz step in to stop them if they wanted to and liquid wasn't. Most of liquid's accounts have a six month strike against them for the rmt in legion for whatever reason echo's don't despite scripe admitting straight up buying gold directly. Limit is much more adverse to the ask for forgiveness after than echo is. Not saying echo wasn't better this tier just saying that specific boss wasn't about pump it was about being willing to risk blizz coming down hard on your for gimmicking living past the enrage by about a minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah pretty much everyone I know including myself would quit if they turned wow into casual raid mode with nothing mechanics wise but scaling hp.
    Blizzard wiped guilds mid pull in the past if they did something that would have led to a kill and unless I'm mistaken the "exploit" is legit just using a mechanic that blizz didn't care enough to change

As for rmt land favoritism let's keep in mind blizzard had the rogue from Duality playing at Blizzcon after he was already shown on stream to account share and boost for cash

You're adorable if it's so easy then why aren't you clearing mythic?
    Try to keep up. Nowhere in my post did I say it is easy. I said it’s a waste of time for the developers and the lack of innovation is sinking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I apologize, I didn't know we had someone here who's privy to Blizzard's internal numbers. Are you still working for their marketing department, or was that a previous position?
    I brought you conclusive Google LLC evidence that the game is unpopular (the site 'google trends'; look it up). It's you who has the burden of proof, when your only argument is "only haters would believe Google LLC".

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I brought you conclusive Google LLC evidence that the game is unpopular (the site 'google trends'; look it up). It's you who has the burden of proof, when your only argument is "only haters would believe Google LLC".
    Why would google trends be relevant, if I want to know something there's a dozen different sites bookmarked to seek knowledge directly. I'll never show up in google trends although I play the game since it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why would google trends be relevant, if I want to know something there's a dozen different sites bookmarked to seek knowledge directly. I'll never show up in google trends although I play the game since it started.
    It's irrelevant what you do. Statistically what people google is popular. It's why it makes sense Minecraft is above WoW in popularity at GT (and most other games) even if you (or I) don't like it.

Overall I think boss tuning and add-ons need to change. Is a cycle really. Addons like DMB, Big Wings, WA give players too much advantage of boss mechanics that blizzard has no choice but to create super hard boss with a lot of mechanics and tight enrage timer. Feels like is time blizzard build some of the addons on the game UI and game options and ban/stop support for addons or heavily restrict the API addons get. A game shouldn't need to have 10+ different addons to make it decent, the game should have these options built in and not allow addon to run or you ban for using addons.

I feel like once they build more useful options in the game and ban addons they can create fights that are interesting but simpler since no add-on will tell you when a boss will do what or where to stand or when to use CDs. Those will all be up to the players and their experience.