Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Why did people even vote for Grimrail? Narrow spaces, nowhere to move on Sanguine, flamethrowers that sit and channel that you cannot easily move. Quaking? Storming? Necrotic kite where? And a gauntlet to boot. I swear, people are randomly voting based on "I remember train is fun" and "This is fast dungeon in timewalking"...

    Because there was no "None of the above and stop coming up with dumb ideas that no one wants to see" option.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Why did people even vote for Grimrail? Narrow spaces, nowhere to move on Sanguine, flamethrowers that sit and channel that you cannot easily move. Quaking? Storming? Necrotic kite where? And a gauntlet to boot. I swear, people are randomly voting based on "I remember train is fun" and "This is fast dungeon in timewalking"...
    When I saw Grimrail was top of that poll, I was wondering if people played the same WoD as me. I absolutely hated Grimrail. (Remember when hunter barrage could pull half of the train? Fun times...) But I guess people liked it because it was "unique."

  3. #43
    Most people on this website are either former players, or no longer in love with WoW. While Grimrail wasn't the best, it was probably the most memorable. I think it will make for a good challenge on M+ for people who still want to run the content. Especially on the fights with pushback during certain affixes. It's going to be quite interesting.

    On topic, its interesting to see Blizzard making so many changes like this to adjust things as needed. I never even considered motion sickness to be an issue in these dungeons. Though I wonder if there could be an option to pause the ocean but leave the tornados whirling about in the latter dungeon. They are so cool looking, and I think it might just be the rocking causing motion sickness. But either way, this is something nice for those who need it.

    I would have liked to see Everbloom personally, due to the crazy challenge mode skips that occured. I wonder if they would have left them in or changed them, and I also wonder how the affixes would affect said skips.

  4. #44
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    22,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Assuming the item works like it does in the video, it's both Bind on Pickup, and Non-consumable. So you'd buy it once, sacrifice a bag slot, and then always have it available if/when you need it.
    Okay, then I amend my criticism to: this should be a toggle in the settings, not an item that takes up a bag slot and provides a temporary buff.

    (I did watch the video to try to see if any of the tooltips listed duration or persistence through death and somehow missed it wasn't consumed).
    Current Intermittent Availability - Please Contact Another Global

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    trying to comprehend this post gave me a brain aneurism.
    what are you even fucking talking about?
    Im talking about Blizzard not being agile and fast moving unlike the competition who can actually support their gut damn games. How did you not understand that...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    D4 got delayed because of the lawsuit and the lead game director leaving the company. The problem with D4 is their quartley updates, a lot of them try to show up and bring up discussions about attention to detail and the art direction, but all it is doing is bringing out people still with twitch chat level reading comprehension. These same people complain blizzard isnt communicating enough.
    And why bring up those two games that are just in patch phases , compared to a whole new project?
    You're comparing PoE and Grim Dawn to Diablo 4. Diablo 3 would be more reasonable. Or PoE2 to D4. Its okay fixating on "Blizzard sucks!" All the time makes the mind cloudy. Stop being negative about everything.

    And this has nothing to do with Diablo, and the WoW team is adding a season 4 with a take to the game so the people who shit on Blizzard and WoW but still play the game can still whine on the forums until 10.0 and beyond.

    Everything has to do with WoW - Sure Blizzard has 9000 employees or however many, but I still believe they work closely together, and strain their workload. I see game companies pushing out content way faster - You say I still compare Diablo 4 to Diablo 3 but Diablo 3 is a dead game since 2016. Nothing they did in ROS has been exciting or good. Now a days its a bot-infested/human grind simulator doing 200 rifts a day to get +20 main stat, awful end-game progression and nothing else.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    man i swear blizzard could put out the best thing in the world and you'll still find people like this guy who complain like crybabies
    Crybabies? Tell me what good they have put out in the last 10 years besides Legion when all the BS got fixed, that was a passable wow expansion, rest has been crap. D3 ROS was bad. HOTS, OW never got good or big, and I dont care about card games. And SC2 I think is good, but thats it.

    Blizzard is like this; Some update on the interwebz goes through 12 translators and they haft to careful smell their own farts, while indie companies makes huge game updates in 4 months.

    Actually...So far in the last few months Diablo 2 has gotten some decent updates, but its still a slow ride with very little changes.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2022-03-31 at 06:54 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Im talking about Blizzard not being agile and fast moving unlike the competition who can actually support their gut damn games. How did you not understand that...

    - - - Updated - - -




    Everything has to do with WoW - Sure Blizzard has 9000 employees or however many, but I still believe they work closely together, and strain their workload. I see game companies pushing out content way faster - You say I still compare Diablo 4 to Diablo 3 but Diablo 3 is a dead game since 2016. Nothing they did in ROS has been exciting or good. Now a days its a bot-infested/human grind simulator doing 200 rifts a day to get +20 main stat, awful end-game progression and nothing else.
    No, i'm saying you are comparing Diablo 4 to Poe and Grim Dawn. Games that have already been out for years, of course they are going to get constant updates and patch notes. Even so, those games having constant updates and huge patch notes and are made by lower budget studios doesn't make it a fact that they are better games. PoE is a convoluted mess with unappealing artstyle that gives me more of a headache than Shadowlands systems and I could never get into it, that's just my opinion. And I don't care about Grim Dawn, the world just doesn't appeal to me. Diablo 3 is just dead in your opinion because you don't like the game, just like people saying Shadowlands is dead. I think D3 does a decent job of keeping people who still enjoy it updated with Seasons while still working on Diablo 4. They gotta get Diablo 4 right or Blizzard will be stuck in this "Blizzard LUL" rut for even longer.
    And you said that Diablo 4 is delayed because of this motion sickness accessibility update in WoW... You really think 1 guy on the WoW dev team coming up with a solution to an accessibility problem is going to delay a game and slow down the Diablo 4 dev teams development time?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. Motion sickness was a concern when we first talked about the possibility of Grimrail becoming a Mythic+ dungeon. Fortunately, one of our designers came up with a clever solution which he was happy to share in the video below:
    Cough-Spine of Deathwing-Cough
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Just watching the house burn down.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking ... why not make it a toggle in settings ... cause I can tell you now, people will forget to buy the thing at the entrance.
    Literally everyone should be fully aware that far more people are going to miss the fact that it's a setting. Plus, a setting for a background in one dungeon only active one week per year? Talk about setting bloat.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Literally everyone should be fully aware that far more people are going to miss the fact that it's a setting. Plus, a setting for a background in one dungeon only active one week per year? Talk about setting bloat.
    Guess that also true ... maybe add a warning at the start of the instance.

  10. #50
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,834
    Nice addition for those that suffer from motion sickness.

    As others have stated I don't think it needs to be a setting, personally. It's for a few places in an entire game, this solution seems like the best to me.
    I believe you have my stapler...

  11. #51
    What armor is that character wearing? I've never seen anyone use that staff before.

  12. #52
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    22,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Literally everyone should be fully aware that far more people are going to miss the fact that it's a setting. Plus, a setting for a background in one dungeon only active one week per year? Talk about setting bloat.
    "One dungeon, one week per year" is just completely inaccurate. It says in this very news post that it is for two dungeons currently, and timewalking rotations are frequent enough that each occurs multiple times per year (Draenor is March, July, November for example), so that's at least six weeks out of the year where one of those dungeons is active in its timewalking iteration. Additionally, many players still play through these dungeons while leveling their characters and see them year-round.

    But most importantly -- and the reason this is likely being implemented now -- is that Grimrail Depot is going to become a keystone in S4, which means it's going to be available perpetually for the duration of the expansion after the season starts. For many of us that frequently run keys, that means we will probably be running it dozens or even hundreds of times this expansion.

    And even if it was only one dungeon, this is a setting that could and should be expanded a lot more broadly. Some of us have been asking for motion sickness related settings for a very very long time. I will take the stupid pot that takes up a bag slot and only works in two places as better than nothing, but I'm sure as shit also going to express my criticism in the implementation being both overly clunky and overly limited. It should be a setting and it should work in a lot more capacities than this, and I hope they listen to feedback and do so down the road.

    Settings aren't bloat if they are for actual useful things that help players. The players that don't need accessibility options will never go into that tab so it's not like it's going to overwhelm the average user to add a toggle for something that many games have already been long addressing. As far as people not seeing it, this could easily be addressed by making the NPC that sells the potions currently let you know of the option instead of being a vendor, but I think making it a tab on the interface pane the same way as colourblind settings are makes it obvious and visible every time a player goes into their interface options. Ultimately though people who need various accessibility options tend to pay attention to their inclusion.
    Current Intermittent Availability - Please Contact Another Global

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    What armor is that character wearing? I've never seen anyone use that staff before.
    It's the BFA 7th Legion robes and staff. The Alliance equivalent to the Honorbound gear. You wouldn't see it if you don't play Alliance.

  14. #54
    THIS is all i wanted from blizz. a short update, addresses a problem, shows how they plan to fix it, and asks for feedback that could either make the fix better or what may be a better fix.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    "One dungeon, one week per year" is just completely inaccurate. It says in this very news post that it is for two dungeons currently, and timewalking rotations are frequent enough that each occurs multiple times per year (Draenor is March, July, November for example), so that's at least six weeks out of the year where one of those dungeons is active in its timewalking iteration. Additionally, many players still play through these dungeons while leveling their characters and see them year-round.

    But most importantly -- and the reason this is likely being implemented now -- is that Grimrail Depot is going to become a keystone in S4, which means it's going to be available perpetually for the duration of the expansion after the season starts. For many of us that frequently run keys, that means we will probably be running it dozens or even hundreds of times this expansion.

    And even if it was only one dungeon, this is a setting that could and should be expanded a lot more broadly. Some of us have been asking for motion sickness related settings for a very very long time. I will take the stupid pot that takes up a bag slot and only works in two places as better than nothing, but I'm sure as shit also going to express my criticism in the implementation being both overly clunky and overly limited. It should be a setting and it should work in a lot more capacities than this, and I hope they listen to feedback and do so down the road.

    Settings aren't bloat if they are for actual useful things that help players. The players that don't need accessibility options will never go into that tab so it's not like it's going to overwhelm the average user to add a toggle for something that many games have already been long addressing. As far as people not seeing it, this could easily be addressed by making the NPC that sells the potions currently let you know of the option instead of being a vendor, but I think making it a tab on the interface pane the same way as colourblind settings are makes it obvious and visible every time a player goes into their interface options. Ultimately though people who need various accessibility options tend to pay attention to their inclusion.
    Fair enough, didn't think about S4.

    And for sure, it being an option makes perfect sense IF it is expanded on (and it should be), but as it is it's basically experimental and makes sense to not be a proper setting yet.

  16. #56
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,322
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I think it would be a better addition to just give everyone a toy that does it instead of the annoying NPC, but... Im happy for people who suffer from motion sickness they got a solution. I only got those in certain VR-Games and that gets me puking already, alright.
    it very likely may become a toy, just for now in its first iteration its an item.

  17. #57
    Problem solved.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Literally everyone should be fully aware that far more people are going to miss the fact that it's a setting. Plus, a setting for a background in one dungeon only active one week per year? Talk about setting bloat.
    iirc there's ~8 settings in the accessibility tab, adding 1 more wouldn't hurt. but also, the setting could also turn off the screen shaking which was added in legion(?) and is extremely nauseating

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Literally everyone should be fully aware that far more people are going to miss the fact that it's a setting. Plus, a setting for a background in one dungeon only active one week per year? Talk about setting bloat.
    It could be a setting across any and all instances that have moving backgrounds.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Nice addition for those that suffer from motion sickness.

    As others have stated I don't think it needs to be a setting, personally. It's for a few places in an entire game, this solution seems like the best to me.
    A few places for now. It can apply to any future dungeons/raids as a setting.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  20. #60
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,834
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    A few places for now. It can apply to any future dungeons/raids as a setting.
    True enough. And it wouldn't hurt being a setting
    I believe you have my stapler...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •