Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why? Pandaren can be rogues and are a similar size. Broken (same feet as draenei) have rogues in lore and can be stealthy.
    Because a) they are not as big as tauren
    b) they are very agile.
    c) the main issue is the size and the agility, hooves can be overlooked.

  2. #142
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    c) the main issue is the size and the agility, hooves can be overlooked.
    Size isn't an impediment to being stealthy. If a tauren can be agile enough to be a monk then they can be a rogue. It also ignores how they are good hunters which requires a knowledge of stealth to track prey and agility.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #143
    No, I disagree with the OP. Gnomes shapeshifting makes no sense. The have no connection with nature. WoW is an RPG, which means it has to make sense. For example, removing the differences between Night Elves and Gnomes (heritage leading into the class design) turns WoW into a nonsensical game just so we can "look cool".

    I started playing WoW because it was bad*** .... don't take that away from me too
    Last edited by Aedruid; 2022-04-05 at 06:48 PM.

  4. #144
    I might resub if I could be a Goblin DH with shadowmeld.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    Tauren and Draenei stealthing around with their hoofs makes no sense, mate.
    But stealthing in the middle of a dessert with nothing but the beating sun on you does?

  6. #146
    Every class I have would immediately be swapped to Undead.

  7. #147
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    No, I disagree with the OP. Gnomes shapeshifting makes no sense. The have no connection with nature.
    Gnomes can be hunters and Blizzard has made mechanical animals a "natural" thing. There is no reason why they can't have discovered a further connection that allows them to shapeshift. Similar to how they learned to embrace the light to become priests and are tinkering with light-based tech. Call it a side effect of the radiation that the gnomes are finding ways to cure. Anything can make sense if the lore is created for it and there is nothing specifically stopping them from being druids other then they already are not.

    Remember humans didn't have enough of a connection to nature until the lore for Kul'Tiras and Gilneas was expanded. Gnomes, or any race, can easily get the same treatment.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Size isn't an impediment to being stealthy. If a tauren can be agile enough to be a monk then they can be a rogue. It also ignores how they are good hunters which requires a knowledge of stealth to track prey and agility.
    I dont tjink that every monk is the same, i think mostly a monk is caracterized for their ability to control their own shi, but i dont think that every race fights the same as a monk, the same way warriors are obviusly different depending of the race, for example tauren warriors have always been about using their strenght and huge bodies as a resource for battle. Tauren monks probably do the same thing. Every monk and warrior fighting the same way is just gameplay.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    I feel like it's just ridiculous because some people said a long time ago it was and it became a thing.
    No, it looks ridiculous. They are huge and slow, it doesnt make any sense.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Gnomes can be hunters and Blizzard has made mechanical animals a "natural" thing. There is no reason why they can't have discovered a further connection that allows them to shapeshift. Similar to how they learned to embrace the light to become priests and are tinkering with light-based tech. Call it a side effect of the radiation that the gnomes are finding ways to cure. Anything can make sense if the lore is created for it and there is nothing specifically stopping them from being druids other then they already are not.

    Remember humans didn't have enough of a connection to nature until the lore for Kul'Tiras and Gilneas was expanded. Gnomes, or any race, can easily get the same treatment.
    Of course you can shoe-horn anything into the lore, doesn't mean we should turn the game into a clown world. Your points are taken about kul'tiran's being Druids, but remember, over time, since people have been complaining, barriers have been torn down between races / classes even though they make zero sense. The only races that should be able to shapeshift are those that are one with nature.

    A "priest" is empowered by the light, as long as someone wants to connect with it / has the skill to do so, which can be severed. Races that lack a religious connection to the light should not be able to wield it's strength.

    Druidism is an understanding of nature and being one with it, you can't just become a Druid on a whim; whereas a "Warrior" could classified as anyone with a stick.

    Shamanism is a connection to the elements... which cityfolk should not be able to connect with.

    and also, just because a Hunter tamed a beast does not mean they are one with nature. They hunt and tame nature; as opposed to, becoming nature itself.

    As for rogues, you have to be hard to see AND quiet to stealth, also, assassins usually originate from the city eh? Primal tribes fight as warriors, not sneaky backstabbing assassins.
    Last edited by Aedruid; 2022-04-05 at 07:23 PM.

  10. #150
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    I dont tjink that every monk is the same, i think mostly a monk is caracterized for their ability to control their own shi, but i dont think that every race fights the same as a monk
    They are trained by the exact same monks as everyone else. You can ignore lore to create your own idea of the races but don't try to pass it off as anything but your own head canon. It isn't just gameplay that Tauren can learn to be "agile" enough to be monks in the game.

    Your own dismissal though shows that a Tauren rogue can exist. They are just a rogue with their own unique racial twist but play the same as any other because of gameplay, right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #151
    Pandaren Monk Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    Gnome druids would basically be transformers XD I love it
    Wouldn't that be a mechagnome?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    As for rogues, you have to be hard to see AND quiet to stealth, also, assassins usually originate from the city eh? Primal tribes fight as warriors, not sneaky backstabbing assassins.
    Hi Outlaw Rogues would like a word with you about sneaky backstabbing...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  12. #152
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    Druidism is an understanding of nature and being one with it, you can't just become a Druid on a whim; whereas a "Warrior" could classified as anyone with a stick. Shamanism is a connection to the elements... which cityfolk should not be able to connect with.
    Don't use non-WoW class restrictions for the game. City folk are not some how less in tune with elements as rural folk. Just as anyone can become one with nature if they try hard enough. Or it is simply magic, like with worgen/gilnean, that allows them to become druids. They already have the story for with the radiation that exists. Just like you say all rogues have to be city folk while ignoring that Tauren have a city. Leave your silly sterotypes and notions to D&D or whatever source material you are using for inspiration.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Wouldn't that be a mechagnome?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hi Outlaw Rogues would like a word with you about sneaky backstabbing...
    listen... before they poke you with their sword, they'll sneak behind you and whisper in your ear....

    AI matey...

    (poke)

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Don't use non-WoW class restrictions for the game. City folk are not some how less in tune with elements as rural folk. Just as anyone can become one with nature if they try hard enough. Or it is simply magic, like with worgen/gilnean, that allows them to become druids. They already have the story for with the radiation that exists. Just like you say all rogues have to be city folk while ignoring that Tauren have a city. Leave your silly sterotypes and notions to D&D or whatever source material you are using for inspiration.
    They're not stereotypes when it's literally in the lore of the game AND common sense is also applied. Did you ever read the class quests and etc that go with being of said fantasy. Not D&D my friend.

    If anyone is coming up with "silly stereotypes", let's not forget that you were the one that mentioned somehow a Gnome can somehow shapeshift because "They already have the story for with the radiation that exists". That's a pretty bad origin story that is not good enough for WoW. Again, clown world stuff like that will make WoW worse, not better.

    "Hey bro you should totally play WoW with me."

    "Why" - says friend

    "Because they just released Gnomes that are able to turn into cats because of radiation poisoning. So much better than that other cool game your playing"

    as opposed to awesome *** Minotaur plowing down hoards of enemies.

  15. #155
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,075
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    sooo, now?
    Pretty sure people still give a damn about the story. Otherwise the whole stupidity with Sylvanas and the fiasco that was how the current writing team handled Arthas wouldn't have caused such an uproar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  16. #156
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    They're not stereotypes when it's literally in the lore of the game AND common sense is also applied. Did you ever read the class quests and etc that go with being of said fantasy. Not D&D my friend.
    And yet Humans have become druids since even though they originally had no connection to nature. City folk isn't in the lore for shamans. Rogues required to be city folk is also not in the lore for WoW. I didn't say a gnome can currently shape shift but that radiation exposure can be used as a story element to explain why they can now become druids.

    Just like Blizzard used existing story elements to explain why gnomes have learned how to use the light when originally they couldn't. Shocking, right? Using lore to help create new lore. Just like Hunters using nature magic gives a connection to nature for gnomes, right?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-05 at 10:13 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #157
    class-race restrictions bring flavour to both the class and the races

    Some still don't make sense and some shouldn't even be considered. It doesn't mean that we can't encounter npc with class-race that the player can't choose, it just means that theey are an exception that doesn't represent the race pr the class.

  18. #158
    Legendary! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    6,051
    As I always say: go for it, but it has to make sense. For example, if humans can suddenly be shaman, let us have a small questline that explains why, how and under what conditions. This way you enrich the lore and give players more combinations to play with.

    The way it works now is just that things get changed like they were always there. I don't really care a whole lot about the lore anymore, but if I still did, that crap would drive me mad. Same thing with events depicted in the books and not in the game. The game is there, you already tell all stories within the game, just tell one more!

  19. #159
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    1. The people saying no because of lore. You must not follow lore enough to know that people can learn how to do things over time that they couldn't. Are you really going to argue it's impossible to teach an Undead how to be a Paladin? Especially when they can be a Priest? Or how about the fact that story-wise, most (not all) lore consists of a single Champion (you, the player) and no one else (not the other 15 real people that went into the raid with you). Or how about the fact that story-wise, most (not all) lore consists of a single Champion (you, the player) and no one else (not the other 15 real people that went into the raid with you). Have you joined a group before? You have? Well you're just an anti-lore advocator now aren't you?
    The NPC inside the Theater of Pain dungeon pointedly calls you "mortals", indicating your group is a group of mortals, meaning you're not the only mortal here. Same thing with Castle Nathria, where Sire Denathrius addresses you as "mortals" as well. There's other indicators as well, in other dungeons and other expansions.

    2. The people unwilling to differentiate lore and gameplay. 100% of you are laughable. If you spent even 1 second outside of SL content this xpac (going to SW for AH or anything like that), you're a hypocrite. Lore-wise, we cannot leave SL and we're stuck here, as far as we know, indefinitely. We have no created a lore-way to get out of this realm. Maybe get off that high horse that tries to force a gameplay restriction because of "lore". Games don't do that, historically, because when they do, no one wants to play it because it turns out you're just reading a book as all options are stripped from the player. After all, at that point, you're just enacting lore, not creating player choice.
    That is demonstrably false. It's well established within the lore that we can return to Azeroth. One of the quests you get as a Night Fae's conservatory literally has you visiting certain points of Azeroth to meditate in certain locations. On top of that, Taelia, Calia, Veressa and Alleria find their way into Shadowlands, and return to Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    But stealthing in the middle of a dessert with nothing but the beating sun on you does?
    I think you've misunderstood the spell completely, so give a thought or two then don't reply, just realize for yourself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •