Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    I think you've misunderstood the spell completely, so give a thought or two then don't reply, just realize for yourself.
    If rogues use a spell to stealth then wouldn't a Tauren be able to use the spell as well?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If rogues use a spell to stealth then wouldn't a Tauren be able to use the spell as well?
    Wouldn't a smart warrior be able to read any spellbook that of a mage or warlock?

  3. #163
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    Wouldn't a smart warrior be able to read any spellbook that of a mage or warlock?
    What does that have to do with you claim that rogues stealth is a spell that somehow won't work on a tauren.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    I think you've misunderstood the spell completely, so give a thought or two then don't reply, just realize for yourself.
    The first words of the spell are "Conceals you in the shadows until cancelled"

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    The first words of the spell are "Conceals you in the shadows until cancelled"
    Rogues' shadow tricks aren't literal shadows. Shadow Blades "Draws upon surrounding shadows," Shadowstep "Step through the shadows," and Cloak of Shadows whatever.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I've never understood goblin-shaman...and quite frankly I never want to.
    I felt it was quite well explained in the goblin shaman's lore. Making a deal with the elemental rather than calling it for aid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Gnomes can be hunters and Blizzard has made mechanical animals a "natural" thing. There is no reason why they can't have discovered a further connection that allows them to shapeshift. Similar to how they learned to embrace the light to become priests and are tinkering with light-based tech. Call it a side effect of the radiation that the gnomes are finding ways to cure. Anything can make sense if the lore is created for it and there is nothing specifically stopping them from being druids other then they already are not.

    Remember humans didn't have enough of a connection to nature until the lore for Kul'Tiras and Gilneas was expanded. Gnomes, or any race, can easily get the same treatment.
    Shape shifting into mechanical creatures?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You are literally wrong in everything you wrote.

    The only races canonically that are paladins are humans and the originam dwarf race. Every other one is lorewise not a paladin but a seperate class.

    Tauren sunwalkers are not "paladins" in lore.

    This was also confirmed by devs stating the new races are not actual paladins, they just use the paladin model so that each time they do nor need to make a new spec.

    Blood knights canonically are not paladins
    Sunwalkers canonicly are not paladins
    Prelates canonically are not paladins
    Class Skins would be great to make this differentiation better. Name change spells, if need be also the damage type (as they don't matter anymore in retail), but keep mechanics the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Nope, this would be terrible homogenization. There are all sorts of combos that make no sense and remove uniqueness from different races. Should more things open up? Sure but not every class for every race.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm baffled people don't immediately jump to Forsaken Druid as the worst potential offender.
    'Deathspeaker Druid' turning into the same type of animals as Drust druids would be awesome. Undead creatures powered by the necro plants. Akin to The Golgari Swarm from Ravnica (Magic the Gathering). Lorewise this could also make for an interesting dynamic between 3 druid circles who may not always be aligned with one another:

    Cenarion Circle: Tauren, Nightelf and Worgen
    Drust Circle: Kul Tiran and Forsaken and Worgen (Harvest Druids as a spinoff to Drust?)
    Loa Circle: Troll and Zandalar and Worgen (Goldrinn as a Loa?)
    Last edited by Rockefellah; 2022-04-06 at 11:41 AM.

  7. #167
    It's like discussing the decking oil colour on the Titanic.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Tauren rogue i want to see this LOL
    i would love that if not for any other reason that so i can name him Invisibull
    although i dont really think its gonna happen any time soon

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I want my Draenei Rogue and Draenei Warlock >
    Drenei warlock is such a weird idea, using the same power that destroyed their civilisation and their home, its almost like if night elfs could use arcane magic
    ...wait a minute...

  9. #169
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Lore has evolved in this game to the point where it makes no sense that a human can't train to be a shaman for example. And why can't a panda be a druid?

    Remove the restrictions. Just delete them.
    No. It’s the last part of lore we have that means something.

  10. #170
    Goblin, undead, void elf druid will never make sense. No, it is not time nor there will ever be.

  11. #171
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,533
    I see it the opposite, they should roll them back, give us back uniqueness, but it won´t happen. So at least it should remain contained.

    None wants a holy priest Orc, it literally makes no sense. I think Blizzard has to stop cathering to players who want instant gratiication, who might stick around a few months and then dissapear. They need to reach back to their true audience.

    So all this popular changes should not be welcome. You can´t please everyone, so stick to your true origins.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Its not the time to remove class/race restrictions.
    Actually, I would even remove some class/race combos which make 0 sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I see it the opposite, they should roll them back, give us back uniqueness, but it won´t happen.
    Which combos would you want to be rerolled?
    Last edited by Rockefellah; 2022-04-06 at 12:24 PM.

  13. #173
    I am Murloc! Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Moving to Monaco baby :)
    Posts
    5,154
    Somehow I find UD male/female rogue to be the best rogue race in terms of how it feels when you move and pvp with.

    I think a Tauren rogue would feel extremely bulky and slow. I’m not sure if this is actual or just in my mind but I have always felt certain races simply have that much slower animations.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Then that just confirms that Green Orc Priests are never going to be a thing. If they can't wield the Light because of the green blood, and given that their ancient practice of the void was long abandoned before the rise of the Horde, then it suffices to say that it'll never get explored again.
    Neither do Mag'har wield the Light.
    Blood elves were also changed by the fel and could still wield the Light.
    As for the practice, they can always resume it, just like the Mag'har did.
    There's also this NPC:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ogath_the_Mad

    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Tauren rogues for example is a no no.
    Grimtotem Tauren already exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Sorry, but no, its ridiculous.
    In The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, there were Grimtotem assassins attacking Thunder Bluff, as well as technicians that set out bombs. There are also a number of Grimtotem mobs that use Ability [Stealth] and other rogue-like abilities, indicating that the infamous tauren rogues can be found amongs their ranks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Because a) they are not as big as tauren
    b) they are very agile.
    c) the main issue is the size and the agility, hooves can be overlooked.
    Unfortunately, they introduced Monks in MoP. So, Tauren are very flexible now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    No, I disagree with the OP. Gnomes shapeshifting makes no sense. The have no connection with nature. WoW is an RPG, which means it has to make sense. For example, removing the differences between Night Elves and Gnomes (heritage leading into the class design) turns WoW into a nonsensical game just so we can "look cool".

    I started playing WoW because it was bad*** .... don't take that away from me too
    https://cdn.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...w-the-Soil.png

    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    None wants a holy priest Orc, it literally makes no sense.
    But Mag'har and Void elves do?
    It's for gameplay reasons, not lore.
    Orc Priests would use the Void.

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    Gnome druids would basically be transformers XD I love it
    I don't think so.
    Coming from a scientific apparoach, they'd be Botanists.
    So, i imagine that their animal forms would be very much flesh and blood. Think of it like the Ethereals' biodomes. Some kind of a greenhouse for plant and animal life.
    Mechagnomes, on the other hand, would probably be like transformers.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-04-06 at 01:12 PM.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet Humans have become druids since even though they originally had no connection to nature. City folk isn't in the lore for shamans. Rogues required to be city folk is also not in the lore for WoW. I didn't say a gnome can currently shape shift but that radiation exposure can be used as a story element to explain why they can now become druids.

    Just like Blizzard used existing story elements to explain why gnomes have learned how to use the light when originally they couldn't. Shocking, right? Using lore to help create new lore. Just like Hunters using nature magic gives a connection to nature for gnomes, right?
    Those are instances of class/race combinations that should not have happened, because it makes no sense. I really don't get how the hex magic used by kul'tirans relates to nature. Gnomes could become religious (AKA believe in the light), so Paladins make sense, but "nature" magic and shapeshifting are different.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Neither do Mag'har wield the Light.
    Blood elves were also changed by the fel and could still wield the Light.
    As for the practice, they can always resume it, just like the Mag'har did.
    There's also this NPC:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ogath_the_Mad



    Grimtotem Tauren already exist.



    In The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, there were Grimtotem assassins attacking Thunder Bluff, as well as technicians that set out bombs. There are also a number of Grimtotem mobs that use Ability [Stealth] and other rogue-like abilities, indicating that the infamous tauren rogues can be found amongs their ranks.



    Unfortunately, they introduced Monks in MoP. So, Tauren are very flexible now.



    https://cdn.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...w-the-Soil.png



    But Mag'har and Void elves do?
    It's for gameplay reasons, not lore.
    Orc Priests would use the Void.



    I don't think so.
    Coming from a scientific apparoach, they'd be Botanists.
    So, i imagine that their animal forms would be very much flesh and blood. Think of it like the Ethereals's biodomes. Some kind of a greenhouse for plant and animal life.
    Mechagnomes, on the other hand, would probably be like transformers.
    Hearthstone is non-canon, and how do we know for a fact that's a Gnome? Could be an edgy kid.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Neither do Mag'har wield the Light.
    Blood elves were also changed by the fel and could still wield the Light.
    As for the practice, they can always resume it, just like the Mag'har did.
    There's also this NPC:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ogath_the_Mad
    The Mag'har could wield the Light, especially given how much of Yrel and her army have taken control of AU Draenor. It wouldn't be farfetched if some practiced the Light because of her but fled from her zealotry.

    Most blood elves that didn't follow Kael'thas only sapped a small amount of Fel Magic from crystals which gave them green eyes, but that's where the connection ends. It isn't in the same ballpark as with the Orcs drinking demon blood itself.

    In fact, the ones that became extremely loyal to Kael'thas were infused with demon blood and became Felblood Elves.. and I double-checked every single type of Felblood Elf on WoWpedia... Not a single one of them could use the Light and resorted to using Fel and Demonic variants.

    If Felblood Elves can't use the Light, then Green Orcs can't use it either. And even if Orcs could tap into the Void, they'd need a strong will and constitution to withstand it or be driven to madness and turned into Pale Orcs.

  17. #177
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    Shape shifting into mechanical creatures?
    I've always envisioned it more like a cyborg then full mechanical but either would be interesting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    Those are instances of class/race combinations that should not have happened, because it makes no sense. I really don't get how the hex magic used by kul'tirans relates to nature. Gnomes could become religious (AKA believe in the light), so Paladins make sense, but "nature" magic and shapeshifting are different.
    Don't confuse "I don't like it" with it doesn't make sense. The lore clearly states that Gilneas had a proto-form of drudism that then got expanded by the friendly Drust (Vrykul) on Kul'tiras. Nature magic is already used by gnomes. Rogues, Hunters, etc all use nature magic. All it takes is for a connection to be created in lore to now allow Druids. Like the Sycthe of Elune did for Gilneas and Drust did for Kul'tiras. We even know the Drust fought gnomes at one point so maybe we find another lost gnome culture that learned the ways of the thornspeakers?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #178
    People really want to turn Warcraft into another DnD setting, huh?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    Hearthstone is non-canon, and how do we know for a fact that's a Gnome? Could be an edgy kid.


    Ok, you made me laugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    The Mag'har could wield the Light, especially given how much of Yrel and her army have taken control of AU Draenor. It wouldn't be farfetched if some practiced the Light because of her but fled from her zealotry.
    These are Lightbound Orcs. None of which joined the Horde alongside the Mag'har.

    Most blood elves that didn't follow Kael'thas only sapped a small amount of Fel Magic from crystals which gave them green eyes, but that's where the connection ends. It isn't in the same ballpark as with the Orcs drinking demon blood itself.

    In fact, the ones that became extremely loyal to Kael'thas were infused with demon blood and became Felblood Elves.. and I double-checked every single type of Felblood Elf on WoWpedia... Not a single one of them could use the Light and resorted to using Fel and Demonic variants.

    If Felblood Elves can't use the Light, then Green Orcs can't use it either. And even if Orcs could tap into the Void, they'd need a strong will and constitution to withstand it or be driven to madness and turned into Pale Orcs.
    You're talking about the equivalents of Chaos\Fel Orcs.
    Green Orcs are the equivalents of Blood elves because not everyone drank the demon blood (example: Frostwolves). Their skin color comes from exposure to fel magic, just like Blood elves' eyes.

    Orcs can already wield the Void. They're called Shadowmoon Orcs. They existed in both universes.

  20. #180
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post

    'Deathspeaker Druid' turning into the same type of animals as Drust druids would be awesome. Undead creatures powered by the necro plants. Akin to The Golgari Swarm from Ravnica (Magic the Gathering). Lorewise this could also make for an interesting dynamic between 3 druid circles who may not always be aligned with one another:

    Cenarion Circle: Tauren, Nightelf and Worgen
    Drust Circle: Kul Tiran and Forsaken and Worgen (Harvest Druids as a spinoff to Drust?)
    Loa Circle: Troll and Zandalar and Worgen (Goldrinn as a Loa?)
    If it was expanded upon like Zandalari and Tauren Paladins wherein they are "paladins" for the purpose of fitting into a class mechanically for the game and are technically entirely separate I could see some kind of Forsaken "druid" as a shapeshifter. Rather than the Drust who aren't really connected to the Forsaken humans of Lordaeron I would like them to have their own forms related to existing aesthetics (Silverpine/Tirisfal fauna). I would love to be an undead turning into a spider instead of a bear etc.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2022-04-06 at 03:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •