Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    I never claimed it to be "silly". I merely stated how it didn't make sense to me. These two things are not the same
    My point wasn't about whether it is possible or not, but about how it feels/would look like for others seeing it..
    So what others feel by seeing it wouldn't be "silly"? Just switch silly for sense then and the entire thing still works. You are trying to justify why it doesn't make sense to you, and for others seeing it, which is the problematic part. Because your justifications just don't work for several reasons.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-01 at 06:20 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Has Outlaw stopped being pirate-esque? I thought that was their whole shtick.
    I haven't messed with my Rogue alt since Legion but I was under the impression they pulled back on the pirate stuff.

I don¡t get the Tauren rogue debate. Rogues use Shadow magic to stealth, so no matter if they have hooves, the magic would damper the sound the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    My personal blood elf druid lore is that it's a subgroup of Farstriders who are either assigned to or choose on their own to take up the study of druidism in hopes of restoring Eversong, but that's the beauty of it, there are any number of ways to pencilwhip the lore. Like people raise "Orc Paladin" as some sort of cringe example... are you kidding? The Azeroth Orcs have seen what those who can wield the Light that way can do; so have the Mag'har in other more frightening ways. You don't think people who try to live by "victory or death" wouldn't look at that power and be like "I wanna be able to do that"?
    Also the fact that both Prelates and Sunwalkers are forms of Paladin that exist on the Horde. As much as orcs could have a dislike for light worship as framed by humans and other alliance races, An'she and Loa Worship could really be of their appeal.

It's just wild to equate Paladin with Human at this point, the lore has moved past that ages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I haven't messed with my Rogue alt since Legion but I was under the impression they pulled back on the pirate stuff.
    Did they? Like they still even have the Dreadblades as a talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You have to wonder at what may result when Microsoft takes over.
    Nothing.

M$ does not micromanage products of the studios it takes over.

You may have some commercial decisions and action, but they won't be sticking their nose into WoW's guts and demanding race unlocks or shit like that - they know full well where their forte is - macro, they aren't like EA.

I been lobbying for this before they allowed Gnomes to be Hunters..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So what others feel by seeing it wouldn't be "silly"? Just switch silly for sense then and the entire thing still works. You are trying to justify why it doesn't make sense to you, and for others seeing it, which is the problematic part. Because your justifications just don't work for several reasons.
    It makes perfect sense if you take two seconds to think through what I am saying. I am giving my opinion about how I feel about it and how it doesn't make sense to me how anyone would perceive it as logical when seeing them.

You are literally arguing over how my opinions are wrong

15+ Year Old Account
    You are literally arguing over how my opinions are wrong
    Opinions can be wrong. You are not wrong for having an opinion. The justifications you've given for why it doesn't make sense are what is being called wrong because they don't fit with anything else about WoW. You thinking they are illogical is fine. Just don't try to use reasons that don't work to justify that conclusion.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-02 at 06:02 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

3+ Year Old Account
    Opinions can be wrong. You are not wrong for having an opinion. The justifications you've given for why it doesn't make sense are what is being called wrong because they don't fit with anything else about WoW. You thinking they are illogical is fine. Just don't try to use reasons that don't work to justify that conclusion.
    I never said it doesn't make sense, period. I said it doesn't make sense to me. Me stating what I think and how I feel about it is nothing you have the right to infringe upon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never said it doesn't make sense, period. I said it doesn't make sense to me. Me stating what I think and how I feel about it is nothing you have the right to infringe upon.
    My point wasn't about whether it is possible or not, but about how it feels/would look like for others seeing it.
    This you? You've said multiple times that it isn't believable, grounded, or logical that Tauren rogues exist. You used reasons that don't make much sense when compared to the rest of WoW so that is what we were discussing.

3+ Year Old Account
    This you? You've said multiple times that it isn't believable, grounded, or logical that Tauren rogues exist. You used reasons that don't make much sense when compared to the rest of WoW so that is what we were discussing.
    You're right. Thats my previous post stating that it'd feel/look weird for others to see that. Let me explain so perhaps you can understand aswell.

A lot of people would agree that there needs to be some sense in things we see in front of us to make it feel believable, and me and people I talk with all are pretty much in agreement that a massive cow/goat clopping about with their hooves doesn't really seem "stealthy" to us.
    So when I say it doesn't feel reasonable to others I am referring to me and those I know that feel that way (and others I don't know that would agree with it).

Naturally you are correct that plenty of situations can simply be explained through stating that it's "magical" but when things feel like they get taken too far some would feel that it strays too far away from being believable.

So yes I say that it feels/looks unbelievable. You are perfectly within your right to disagree with it, but you take it too far when you say I am wrong for thinking as such.
    Esp. when your whole counterargument simply boils down to: "ur wrong cause magicz". Which basically is just a big middle-finger to anyone wanting to both experience fantasy, but also wanting to feel immersed in it.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-05-03 at 01:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Naturally you are correct that plenty of situations can simply be explained through stating that it's "magical" but when things feel like they get taken too far some would feel that it strays too far away from being believable.
    Your objections, and those of you talk with, are not using any reason or logic though. So it is silly to claim believability when large hooved things can be stealthy and sneak up on stuff. Then when you add the lore and fictional universe of WoW it is even more believable that it could happen. This is why your reasons are silly. Because they are not based on anything but "I said so".

It doesn't take into account lore. Story. Or magic systems of Azeroth. You can experience fantasy and be immersed in it with a sneaky cow person. This is why all of your reasons are silly. It all amounts to you not liking it so you blame it not being immersive, realistic, or whatever when we are talking about fantasy. Magic. Humanoid cows.

You even said you are fine with them being a pirate and doing piratey things. Yet somehow using magic to stealth crumbles the entire foundation of fantasy. Swinging on a rope around a ship to board or repel invaders? Fine. Sneaking around? Not fine. Lol. You are using "against fantasy" as a scapegoat. WoW would never have immersed you or been fantasy since it has always had weird or strange things in it.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-03 at 02:42 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Your objections, and those of you talk with, are not using any reason or logic though. So it is silly to claim believability when large hooved things can be stealthy and sneak up on stuff. Then when you add the lore and fictional universe of WoW it is even more believable that it could happen. This is why your reasons are silly. Because they are not based on anything but "I said so".

It doesn't take into account lore. Story. Or magic systems of Azeroth. You can experience fantasy and be immersed in it with a sneaky cow person. This is why all of your reasons are silly. It all amounts to you not liking it so you blame it not being immersive, realistic, or whatever when we are talking about fantasy. Magic. Humanoid cows.

You even said you are fine with them being a pirate and doing piratey things. Yet somehow using magic to stealth crumbles the entire foundation of fantasy. Swinging on a rope around a ship to board or repel invaders? Fine. Sneaking around? Not fine. Lol. You are using "against fantasy" as a scapegoat. WoW would never have immersed you or been fantasy since it has always had weird or strange things in it.
    I guess there's no point arguing this since you're so firm in your belief to shut down any of my thoughts. I guess I am in such a minority that it's ludicrous to think that Blizz hasn't already inserted this class-race combo already *shrug*

Or maybe not.. considering they haven't

I'm all for it for the most part. The whole "any race can be whatever class" thing was already proven true lore-wise when the pandaren joined the Horde and Alliance and basically taught everyone how to punch properly, creating monks.

The fact that every city has every class trainer leads to the point of, "why can't this druid trainer in Orgrimmar teach orcs about druidism?" There is no lore or any other notion in terms of genetics or otherwise that orcs cannot suddenly learn how to be druids, or how night elves can't be shamans.

I understand lore implications as to why Draenei wouldn't be warlocks and such, but that's for your typical Draenei and not an adventurer like we all create.

But that's for Blizzard to decide ultimately.

They've admitted its a direction they want to move in. Seems like it will slowly happen. I get the point that lore implications need dealing with for some race/class combos but having to wait is a hard pill for me to swallow personally when i've been playing this game for over 15 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess there's no point arguing this since you're so firm in your belief to shut down any of my thoughts. I guess I am in such a minority that it's ludicrous to think that Blizz hasn't already inserted this class-race combo already *shrug* Or maybe not.. considering they haven't
    Tauren Rogues have existed in lore since Cataclysm so it was in the game just not as playable combo. It is silly to think that just because they haven't made a combo available it means that it isn't fantasy, grounded, belieivable or whatever excuse you use to justify your dislike.

That problem isn't that you think they are silly. The problem is the reasoning you keep trying to use to justify it. Because that reasoning just doesn't fit with the rest of the game or even your own comments. A Tauren hiding in the shadows with magic is silly but a Tauren swinging from a rope on a ship to board another is fine because its a Pirate.

3+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Rogues have existed in lore since Cataclysm so it was in the game just not as playable combo. It is silly to think that just because they haven't made a combo available it means that it isn't fantasy, grounded, belieivable or whatever excuse you use to justify your dislike.

That problem isn't that you think they are silly. The problem is the reasoning you keep trying to use to justify it. Because that reasoning just doesn't fit with the rest of the game or even your own comments. A Tauren hiding in the shadows with magic is silly but a Tauren swinging from a rope on a ship to board another is fine because its a Pirate.
    I'm sorry my opinion triggers you to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenyx View Post
    They've admitted its a direction they want to move in. Seems like it will slowly happen. I get the point that lore implications need dealing with for some race/class combos but having to wait is a hard pill for me to swallow personally when i've been playing this game for over 15 years.
    I can empathize with this feeling. And while there's no telling how long we'll have to wait for the other classes to get spread around, it's possible (if a bit unlikely) we'll see other classes opened up during Dragonflight. I'd say it's almost a guarantee though that 11.0 will see most (if not all) of the remaining classes opened to the races that don't have access yet.

The sticklers will really be demon hunters (requires model work for race specific demon forms and animation work since only the elves have the animations for dh abilities, and of course a bunch of lore work), and druids (race specific forms... and that's a lot of model work considering only 3 alliance races and 4 horde races can currently be druids, nevermind all the lore work).

Monks I honestly think will get added to worgen, goblins, and lightforged at 10.0, and not including them with rogue mage priest was either an oversight or blizz covering their asses in case they couldn't fit it into the pipeline. There's no real reason those races cant have monk right now. They have all the monk animations already. They might just need an npc or two plopped in their starting zones for anything class specific.

Locks are primarily a lore issue for some races (draenei, lightforged, night elves, etc). That's handled with a few npcs and some dialogue, maybe a small quest. Easy stuff.

Paladin is a breeze to do too. Only model work needed is race specific mounts. Lore additions is the most needed to explain new paladins, and maybe Blizz might wanna recolor abilities for certain races (like NE pallies having soft white light of Elune looking spells).

Shaman isn't too bad either. Only model work needed are totems, and in some cases Blizz can copy/pasta an existing race's totems to a new one (like copying draenei totems to lightforged) and maybe give them a recolor. Some lore sprinkles will probably finish it off. I'd say Shaman is the most likely to see shared during Dragonflight (if any get shared at all) given the fact that we'll be dealing with elementals and such on the dragon isles.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2022-05-03 at 07:47 PM.