Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The issue is that when they speak up, they get shut down by men and tend to go somewhere else.
    Because asking for stuff to get removed usually tends to get a negative response from people that do enjoy these things.

    Go ahead, meet up with some Mythic Raiders and ask them to have Mythic raids removed, tell me whether they're going to give you any positive responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Yes, but there's also things like catboys and other "soft" men designs which appeal to women, as well as cute outfits and player housing. One of my friends who plays it, plays largely for the dance club she runs ingame.
    So...why not ask for that, rather than have other elements removed?

    I'm going to take a wild guess that entire situation you're referencing would've gone a lot of different if that person had asked "hey, can you give us something that we women enjoy?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    B) Women literally said, on camera, that they wanted less female characters wearing skimpy stuff
    Okay, has she been elected by womanhood as their representative?

    It's like saying "A WoW Player has said the enjoy more difficult raids, thus every WoW player wants more difficult raids".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    C) The large amount of cheers from women immediately after support that (before being drowned out by the boos of men)
    And that still doesn't change the fact that this isn't representative of women as a whole.

    You can beat around all you like, simply because a woman or some women speak out on a given issue, that doesn't mean they represent women as a whole.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-03 at 11:22 PM.

  2. #242
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Ok, so illusion of the dragon must be covered but illusion of the titan construct (or whatever he is) not. It's fanservice if this is female but it's completly normal if this is male. I don't know Rick, but seems like woke thinking.
    The Jailer "covered up" for his raid fight and you didn't see anyone complain, did you? Weird, right? Isn't it weird how people only seem to complain when female characters get covered up? And then it is suddenly woke thinking. Isn't that inventing a problem just so you can complain about wokeness?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #243
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,698
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Jailer "covered up" for his raid fight and you didn't see anyone complain, did you? Weird, right? Isn't it weird how people only seem to complain when female characters get covered up? And then it is suddenly woke thinking. Isn't that inventing a problem just so you can complain about wokeness?
    I mean there is a double standard going on but its not just games, its other media as well. But this is getting off topic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  4. #244
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    19,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Ok, so illusion of the dragon must be covered but illusion of the titan construct (or whatever he is) not.

    It's fanservice if this is female but it's completly normal if this is male.

    I don't know Rick, but seems like woke thinking.
    the dragons aren't a illusion when in different forms any injury carry's over to any form they take, garrosh kills a bronze dragon because of that.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You can beat around all you like...

    You should probably take your own advice. Your arguments literally sound make you sound like you don't mind, or don't realize, that you're part of the culture problem at Blizzard and gaming in general.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Ok, so illusion of the dragon must be covered but illusion of the titan construct (or whatever he is) not.

    It's fanservice if this is female but it's completly normal if this is male.

    I don't know Rick, but seems like woke thinking.
    its also a law kinda thing,men nipples are ok,womens are not,i dont like it either btw

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    How about we treat people equally? No need to cover anyone up unless you cover them all up, and the other way around as well. Alexstrasza, Sylvanas, the jailer and thrall were all fine.
    Why would a company like Blizzard waste resources "applying equality" to male outfits when men/some women in general are not generating outrage on social media/hollywood? You don't see men throwing fits about how the Jailer is appealing to a woman's sexual fantasy (muscular, tall, deep voice, rebel/bad boy) do you? Answer: You don't.
    https://postlmg.cc/mPHs1Psh
    https://postlmg.cc/w75My4cS

    Also, this form of equality you're asking in nonsensical. One character has an outfit change due to story development and a company MUST create outfit a new outfit for other characters?

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    Why would a company like Blizzard waste resources "applying equality" to male outfits when men/some women in general are not generating outrage on social media/hollywood? You don't see men throwing fits about how the Jailer is appealing to a woman's sexual fantasy (muscular, tall, deep voice, rebel/bad boy) do you? Answer: You don't.
    https://postlmg.cc/mPHs1Psh
    https://postlmg.cc/w75My4cS

    Also, this form of equality you're asking in nonsensical. One character has an outfit change due to story development and a company MUST create outfit a new outfit for other characters?
    I'm well aware of the whys, and I don't care if single characters change outfits.
    I do care that I can't dress sexy while you can though, that's pretty nonsensical if you ask me.
    The problem is that the entirety of female outfits moved in the "cover her up" direction, all of them, the males didn't. If it was just Alexstrasza and she was the first character, I wouldn't care.

    Second, someone has to start saying something at some point, it's okay for some women to be a bit sexy at times, no need to panic, it's also okay for guys like you yourself seems to imply.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    sounds like the original announcement was just delayed.
    No level cap increase? be real

  10. #250
    It could be an expansion about murlocs for all I care, as long as the game's fun I'll play it, and if it's not, even the best story and setting won't save it from becoming BFA 3.0.

  11. #251
    Over 9000! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    9,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I'm well aware of the whys, and I don't care if single characters change outfits.
    I do care that I can't dress sexy while you can though, that's pretty nonsensical if you ask me.
    The problem is that the entirety of female outfits moved in the "cover her up" direction, all of them, the males didn't. If it was just Alexstrasza and she was the first character, I wouldn't care.

    Second, someone has to start saying something at some point, it's okay for some women to be a bit sexy at times, no need to panic, it's also okay for guys like you yourself seems to imply.
    Didn't they just implement an incubus model, while keeping the succubus model sexy?

    The reason they changed Sylvanas and Jaina was because they didn't feel it was appropriate for the leaders of nations to be traipsing off into battle with exposed midriffs.

    The Jailer is half naked because he's just been freed from his prison. He dons a full suit of armor when he goes to battle in Zereth Mortis.

    There are still plenty of female characters in WoW that are dressed more risqué, where it suits their character.

    And there's absolutely nothing stopping you as a player from dressing your character how you want. More freedom to go skimpy now than ever, in fact, since you can now hide every piece of armor apart from pants, and there are literally pants in the game that show more skin than the default underwear do. You can go completely topless if you want, just your default racial bra.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Didn't they just implement an incubus model, while keeping the succubus model sexy?

    The reason they changed Sylvanas and Jaina was because they didn't feel it was appropriate for the leaders of nations to be traipsing off into battle with exposed midriffs.

    The Jailer is half naked because he's just been freed from his prison. He dons a full suit of armor when he goes to battle in Zereth Mortis.

    There are still plenty of female characters in WoW that are dressed more risqué, where it suits their character.

    And there's absolutely nothing stopping you as a player from dressing your character how you want. More freedom to go skimpy now than ever, in fact, since you can now hide every piece of armor apart from pants, and there are literally pants in the game that show more skin than the default underwear do. You can go completely topless if you want, just your default racial bra.
    Thrall had an unbuttoned blouse showing midriff when he was the leader of the cataclysm, Illidan was the posterboy of both TBC and Legion, both times wearing only pants, so surely it doesn't have anything to do with leading a faction or fronting the expansion.
    It was apparently ok for them to "be traipsing off into battle with exposed midriffs." as you put it, surely it's no better or worse for guys to not cover their belly. So 3 times guys fronted an expansion, hey, no problem, no shirt needed.
    3 times girls fronted expansions, hey, better cover that belly.

    Check your own avatar and signature, shirtless guy ready to fight, or do you think he needs to put something on to protect his midriff? In your signature it looked like he "traipsed off into battle with exposed midriff"

    And yes they added an incubus, that was a job well done, not complaining about that at all.

    There is this stupid idea that women die instantly with an exposed midriff, but not guys.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You should probably take your own advice. Your arguments literally sound make you sound like you don't mind, or don't realize, that you're part of the culture problem at Blizzard and gaming in general.
    I neither harass women at work, nor treat them differently.

    If you however think, there is a causation between scantily clad women in video games and those issues, then you must be one of those people that believe that FPS games promote gun violence.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-04 at 07:03 AM.

  14. #254
    Pandaren Monk czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    To the people asking " EHY DRAGONFLIGHT AND NOT FLIGHTS??? "

    it could be easily possible that dragonflightS united in a single new Dragonflight to fight as one.
    Or just becasue we are going to DRAGONFLIGHT ? Flight with a dragons?

  15. #255
    Dragonflight, yeah sure. And how are these dragons supposed to fly when we have a ban on flying? Fuck the flight ban!

    And Tinker is the shittiest idea for a class since roleplaying games exist.

  16. #256
    If we have DragonNOflight until 10.1.5 or whatever, the memers are going to lose it. It'll be memeageddon.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Just has odd energy, ya know?
    "I want/think this thing to be/should be better while I continue to not use it."
    I will use it if Blizzard makes it worth my time.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because asking for stuff to get removed usually tends to get a negative response from people that do enjoy these things.
    The example I linked didn't ask for anything to be removed, actually asking for stuff to be added, specifically some female characters to be wearing less revealing clothing. Not even asking for current ones to wear less.
    Go ahead, meet up with some Mythic Raiders and ask them to have Mythic raids removed, tell me whether they're going to give you any positive responses.
    That's the most "comparing apples to oranges" thing I've ever seen.
    So...why not ask for that, rather than have other elements removed?
    Do you really think the response for "Can we add anime hunks" will be taken positively? And on the subject of player housing, have you not seen the bajillion threads about people wanting that?

    I'm going to take a wild guess that entire situation you're referencing would've gone a lot of different if that person had asked "hey, can you give us something that we women enjoy?"
    She did. Did you even watch the video I linked? What she said was "However, I was wondering if we can have some that don't look like they stepped out of a Victoria's secret catalogue?"

    Not "Can you change some" Not "Can you take some away" but "Can we have some"

    Okay, has she been elected by womanhood as their representative?
    Now you're just being an idiot. No, she was not elected as the representative of "all women." But I'd say that a video of woman asking for something, backed up by cheers of women is more representational of what woman want than one guy on a message board.

    You can beat around all you like, simply because a woman or some women speak out on a given issue, that doesn't mean they represent women as a whole.
    I'm sorry, but anything you say is completely invalid as you weren't elected by MMO-Champion to represent the site as a whole. What you say doesn't matter in the slightest because of that. Off you go now.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The example I linked didn't ask for anything to be removed, actually asking for stuff to be added, specifically some female characters to be wearing less revealing clothing. Not even asking for current ones to wear less.
    You do realize this discussion has been kicked off by an existing character receiving a new outfit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    That's the most "comparing apples to oranges" thing I've ever seen.
    Taking a small interest group as "proof" to what a large group of people wants is simply stupid, you can handwave that aside all you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Do you really think the response for "Can we add anime hunks" will be taken positively?
    Because that's what women want? Anime?
    Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    She did. Did you even watch the video I linked? What she said was "However, I was wondering if we can have some that don't look like they stepped out of a Victoria's secret catalogue?"

    Not "Can you change some" Not "Can you take some away" but "Can we have some"
    That is utterly tortured logic, because the natural implication is to stop doing one thing, rather than add new stuff for them to enjoy.

    That's the problem, they're requesting to stop adding things other people enjoy and the result of this request has been that characters who previously wore more revealing outfits, now wear a less revealing outfit.

    A more apt request would have been "Hey, can you add more stuff out of a Calvin Klein catalogue"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    But I'd say that a video of woman asking for something, backed up by cheers of women is more representational of what woman want than one guy on a message board.
    In the grand scheme of things, they're still absolutely not representative.

    "Look, 10 people support something and this one guy doesn't, that means the 10 people are correct!".
    Is that how make decisions when talking about the preferences of millions of people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I'm sorry, but anything you say is completely invalid as you weren't elected by MMO-Champion to represent the site as a whole. What you say doesn't matter in the slightest because of that. Off you go now.
    I never claimed to be but i also wasn't the person who implied that a handful few represent a group of millions.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-04 at 09:17 AM.

  20. #260
    Hope alexstraca is as sexy as ever, but with how emontionally unstable and hard-on woke america is now, I highly doubt it. At least we got alternatives to the far east, which is pumping out sexy females left and right. I have never ever met a female that wanted less revealed clothing in a game, these must be cherrypicked examples from the deepest shithole on the web.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •