Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    is the webside source core related to wow or just to anything blizzard?

feels more like a hearthstone thing than a wow expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Dragonflight is such a boring name and I guess it means the "Age of Mortals" that began at the end of Cataclysm is coming to an end. I just hope it doesn't feel to much if we have different zones/convenats/whatever for each flight or it is "good flights" against "bad flights". And if Galakrond is somehow the end boss I just hope it doesn't come with a spine-style flight.
    What if the end raid takes place inside galakrond? Hes supposed to be absolutely massive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    is the webside source core related to wow or just to anything blizzard?

feels more like a hearthstone thing than a wow expansion.
    1. They already announced the next HS expansion.

Code:
    Returns true if the ProductID is found or false if not.
    */
    function testProductById() {
        var listOfProductIds = [
        // WoW Dragonflight Base prepurch
        // WoW Dragonflight Heroic prepurch
        // WoW Dragonflight Epic prepurch
        // WoW Dragonflight Upgrade from Base to Heroic

// WoW Dragonflight Upgrade from Base to Epic

// WoW Dragonflight Upgrade from Heroic to Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Sevariel View Post
    Agreed, Let female designers decide how she decides to present herself. I'd be dressed like the Queen of the Damned if I was a goddess but that's just me.

Sidebar: Maybe the mortal form there is Alex but the dragon is definitely not.
    Yeah I was just assuming the humanoid was Alexstrasza based on the horns/jewels, the dragon looks like a twilight type of dragon.

Oh yes, Akasha was so badass in that movie, I really liked how her and Lestat both felt so otherworldly and gorgeous.
    If I was a near immortal dragon I'd be dressed like Lady Katrana Prestor in that one art piece by Krysdecker over on deviant art, she looks absolutely stunning and Evil at the same time.
    I also like OG Sylvanas, she also pulled off that Evil and stunning look perfectly.
    Last edited by Sialina; 2022-04-03 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    @Kathranis Seeeee..? They're not the same dragon.. but whow she is glorious to behold :')

edit: Maybe she altered her horns / jewels a bit.. Maybe the dragon in the new artwork is kin. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Yeah I was just assuming the humanoid was Alexstrasza based on the horns/jewels, the dragon looks like a twilight type of dragon.

Oh yes, Akasha was so badass in that movie, I really liked how her and Lestat both felt so otherworldly and gorgeous.
    If I was a near immortal dragon I'd be dressed like Lady Katrana Prestor in that one art piece by Krysdecker over on deviant art, she looks absolutely stunning and Evil at the same time.
    YES, that's awesome, thanks for pointing it out. It's very "I'm a dragon, so I'll wear what I please.. " and agreed, I think it's her.
    Last edited by Sevariel; 2022-04-03 at 07:54 AM.

as someone who plays GW2 that is dissapointing.. i'm so tired of dragons.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I'd believe some of the shitty made-up bullet points for the xpac before I believe that artwork that's going around. I would bet money they got the name right - or came to it the same way this website source stuff was found - and made some fake artwork for it. Maybe even then pointed out the source code stuff afterward to legitimize the artwork.

It would be way too easy to figure out whose desk that is at the office. And if it's from home - how many people working from home have access to that artwork?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

@Kathranis Seeeee..? They're not the same dragon.. but whow she is glorious to behold :')

edit: Maybe she altered her horns / jewels a bit.. Maybe the dragon in the new artwork is kin. /shrug
    It might be her primordial form. If we're facing off against Galakrond in a CoT type of dungeon or raid, then Alexstrasza wouldn't look the same as she does now. She got her current form when she became an aspect. In her early years, she was a proto-drake (at least according to the novel - you know how Blizzard loves to change the lore).
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

15+ Year Old Account
    They're not the same dragon.. but whow she is glorious to behold :')
    Think it's just a tweaked design. Same horn shape, same face shape, just slightly different details with the scales. And new armor and horn jewelry, which you can see is shared between Alexstrasza and the dragon in the background.

They tend to redesign characters when they get elevated to such a prominent role in an expansion. Compare Bolvar's 3.x design to his 9.x design. Especially if they've been redesigned to appear in a CG cinematic.

The slightly purple tint is just lighting, same as in the illustration I linked.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2022-04-03 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    It might be her primordial form. If we're facing off against Galakrond in a CoT type of dungeon or raid, then Alexstrasza wouldn't look the same as she does now. She got her current form when she became an aspect. In her early years, she was a proto-drake (at least according to the novel - you know how Blizzard loves to change the lore).
    That would be rad, but she was on the cover of the novel in her proto-form with the other aspects. I could totally see this being her if they're somewhat like the crystal gems of Steven Universe... They choose how their 'physical' bodies are represented, usually subtle changes that speak to their personal development, etc.

Her clothes/armor for example, aren't something forged by mortals that she straps into - but manifested at will during her transformation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Think it's just a tweaked design. Same horn shape, same face shape, just slightly different details with the scales. And new armor and horn jewelry, which you can see is shared between Alexstrasza and the dragon in the background.

They tend to redesign characters when they get elevated to such a prominent role in an expansion. Compare Bolvar's 3.x design to his 9.x design. Especially if they've been redesigned to appear in a CG cinematic.

The slightly purple tint is just lighting, same as in the illustration I linked.
    Both dragon-noses and chins are the same for sure, similar webbing on the jaws but what throws me off is the tip of her larger horns. The humanoid (and all other drawings of Alex that i can find) end with the tip pointing up.

The dragons horns on the poster looks (to me) like it has a different curve to the tip.. but maybe just an angle or flair for the remix.

15+ Year Old Account
    The dragons horns on the poster looks (to me) like it has a different curve to the tip.. but maybe just an angle or flair for the remix.
    In the new design the horns are tipped with golden accessories.

7+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, Let female designers decide how she decides to present herself. I'd be dressed like the Queen of the Damned if I was a goddess but that's just me.

Sidebar: Maybe the mortal form there is Alex but the dragon is definitely not.
    Now i wanna go rewatch queen of the damned!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Fanservice is a good thing. If they do it with males, females should also get it.
    Im all for fanservice,but the jailor example simply isnt a good one,hes a robot,he was basicaly invulnerable,he doesnt need to cover himself in armor...well,ironicaly he did in the raid but he was vulnerable then i guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Alexstrasza is also close to a god, it makes as much/little sense as Thrall/the Jailor not wanting to wear a shirt.
    It's getting a bit boring that males can have their power fantasies, but us ladies can't.
    On a sidenote,i dont remember people complaining about characters like sylvanas before...she used to be even more covered up,in fact her model hystoricaly has been more covered than not

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...out_the_years/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It would be way too easy to figure out whose desk that is at the office. And if it's from home - how many people working from home have access to that artwork?
    Blizzard doesn't necessarily do the printwork for their PR kits. That's generally a 3rd-party thing. Blizzard does the art, delivers it to a vendor who then gets it all printed up and ready for distribution. The artwork stylistically is very good and it seems unlikely that with the discovery of the web site scripting just a few hours ago that anyone could whip up something of this level of quality that quickly. However, it is to be done, at some point this stuff will be visible to someone and if anyone walks by with a phone a picture could be quickly snapped.

I'm not saying that it's 100% real but it's an excellent—perhaps the best—candidate so far to be real.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-04-03 at 08:52 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Who decided it would be a good idea to cover Alexstrasza? Some fuckyous are due.

There is no way Blizzard wouldn't have anticipated people finding this in the code. So either it's fake and they're having a bit of fun, or it's real and a deliberate ploy to create some hype. Most likely for me is the latter.

Dragonflight sounds cool to me.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2022-04-03 at 09:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Dragonflight"? Not "Dragonflights"?

Not sure how I feel about an entire expansion being themed around the dragonflights, but then again MoP was surprisingly decent with gameplay and story.
    Honestly glad there is no mention of Sylvanas.

the style of the picture feels familiar (person in the foreground, dragon roaring in the bg) but i can't place it...

To the people asking " EHY DRAGONFLIGHT AND NOT FLIGHTS??? "

it could be easily possible that dragonflightS united in a single new Dragonflight to fight as one.