Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Damn this is sad to read. Priorities of kids these days.
    You spelled incels wrong.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    You spelled incels wrong.
    My bad >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I don't see how it can be so hard to imagine that some of us feel badass when we dress like femme fatales, just like you feel badass when you have a naked guy in your profile.
    Nobody is stopping you from doing anything. You can dress however you want. What is this argument?

We're talking about a fictional character designed by someone. Who are you to decide how they should be dressed?

There are still plenty of sexy female characters, scantily clad female characters, etc. in this game. This design isn't even less sexy, it just shows marginally less skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    I have never seen an actual real woman complain about scantily clad characters; literally ever
    They do exist in the form of blue-haired Twitter profile pics. But I don't think most women give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Sylvanas and Jaina, like so many female characters in fantasy stories, were designed (by men) to look titillating (to men). What aspect of Jaina's personality is being conveyed through her exposed midriff? I would argue it doesn't fit her personality at all.

There's nothing wrong with female characters dressing provocatively, but it should be a reflection of their character, not simply to titillate.

The new designs don't even really change their silhouettes, anyway. They're even all wearing some degree of corset. They just looks more armored and battle ready, if anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, does this character look ugly to you?

Do you need to be surrounded by women in bikinis like Jabba the Hutt or something?
    She looks dull as fuck and uninspiring in that armor. Yet I remember Jaina, Sylvanas and Alexstrasza and Ysera, with the latter having barely any screentime to begin with.

Even Tyrande that doesn't wear provocative clothes look great while she's not wearing a full nun outfit.

Give me a break.

Nobody is stopping you from doing anything. You can dress however you want. What is this argument?

We're talking about a fictional character designed by someone. Who are you to decide how they should be dressed?

There are still plenty of sexy female characters, scantily clad female characters, etc. in this game. This design isn't even less sexy, it just shows marginally less skin.
    Bro, quit gaslighting the woman and pretending like you werent just ranting to a guy about how much of an incel or how gross he was for liking his fantasy portrayals of women to be eye-pleasing. You shared a stupid video of a woman asking if they could cover women up in-game, and then played as if that was indicative of all women, while pretending all men who like seeing attractive females are gross. She called you out, saying that she, as a woman also enjoys seeing and playing as characters who dress sexily and still kick ass just as much as men like their buff/ripped male fantasy characters in games to feel "badass."

Nobody is saying that there isnt room for unappealing unsexy characters in a fantasy game. Just that its wrong to censor or remove attractive NPCs because some people who probably dont really even play the game much, thinks they don't look ugly enough to be realistic for them. (Its fantasy, not supposed to be realistic.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Damn this is sad to read. Priorities of kids these days.
    Priority? Why do I have to prioritize anything at this time when all we got served was a name and a poster of alexstraca?

Also, tmog and "art" is not important anymore? We can't discuss one thing, without sacrificing everything else as unimportant? You don't need to reply, I don't respond back to incel circlejerkers like you and beefhammer, it's always been a dead end, like discussing something with a guy that can't let spelling and grammar go.

i think somoeone at blizzard is doing all this to troll the troll and watch the reactions.

April fools is so toxic, it has become don't believe anything on the Internet day and further evolved into don't post legitimate news day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    She looks dull as fuck and uninspiring in that armor. Yet I remember Jaina, Sylvanas and Alexstrasza and Ysera, with the latter having barely any screentime to begin with.

Even Tyrande that doesn't wear provocative clothes look great while she's not wearing a full nun outfit.

Give me a break.
    Those characters have existed for years and have been present in more content than Taelia. That's why you remember them.
    Just because your memory is fueled by horniness that does not mean others is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Those characters have existed for years and have been present in more content than Taelia. That's why you remember them.
    Fair point but...... 1. its ok to have your females look easy on the eye/beautiful

2. this is getting off topic as fck and I rather not it get derailed over dumb male female politics.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Nah you're wrong. Alexstrasza barely did jack shit in Wrath, and so did Ysera. Taelia had way more screentime than her but she was dull.

Also, you demeaning me shows how much more immature you are than anyone liking "sexy females".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dm0x View Post
    Bro, quit gaslighting the woman and pretending like you werent just ranting to a guy about how much of an incel or how gross he was for liking his fantasy portrayals of women to be eye-pleasing. You shared a stupid video
    You don't even know who you're replying to.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nah you're wrong. Alexstrasza barely did jack shit in Wrath, and so did Ysera. Taelia had way more screentime than her but she was dull.
    Alexstrsza and Ysera also show up in cata where they both get quest lines and are in the end raid then Ysera is in legion and shadowlands and then they both have abunch of appearances in various books and story’s.

Talia on the other hand is just a quest NPC with no cinematic's or appearances in other media, while she might have more quest she defiantly doesn’t have more screen time.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

There you go again, you called shirtless illidan cool, you are calling Alex scantily clad. scantily clad is a pejorative, illidan looking cool is a compliment, this is why I think you are sexist.

There are very few main female characters left in WoW that fall under the femme fatale look, however men that lead are not affected. I'm simply voicing my displeasure with the femme fatale role having less and less examples.
    Especially losing someone like Alexstrasza that in no way needs armor because she is a dragon feels unnecessary.

Again I'm pointing out a trend here, that you ignore every time you reply to me, if a female character is updated, she will be covered up if she is looking hot, this is not the case for male characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    There are very few main female characters left in WoW that fall under the femme fatale look
    You do realize that look has nothing to do with being in a bikini or scantily clad, right? Alexstrasza being in a bikini is not a loss of that role because it never was one to begin with. Also what does her being a dragon have to do with anything? Dragons can't ever change their clothes because their humanoid form isn't their true form? Lmao. Talk about using anything to justify getting angry over no more skin.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-04 at 03:37 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

page 15 and the arguments are personal and ridiculous. should i follow the history and see how this devolved?

nah.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You do realize that look has nothing to do with being in a bikini or scantily clad, right? Alexstrasza being in a bikini is not a loss of that role because it never was one to begin with. Also what does her being a dragon have to do with anything? Dragons can't ever change their clothes because their humanoid form isn't their true form? Lmao. Talk about using anything to justify getting angry over no more skin.
    I believe they mean she’s a dragon so she doesn’t need armour as she has inbuilt dragon defences not that she can’t change her outfit in Mortal form.

Though of course it’s still flawed reasoning as dragons don’t have any extra defence then a normal mortal when shape shifted and any injury’s carry over into every form they take.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Battleaxes are against showing off beauty. More at 11

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is plenty of skin, it's just that it's only guys that are allowed to show any that is problematic.
    You also missed the main argument, every time a female gets updated, she gets more covered, this is not the case for males, sexism.
    And last point was exactly what the poster below you said, she is a dragon, coming up with arguments why a tshirt would somehow help her in battle because you are afraid some person might find her attractive is extremely disingenuous.

And again, the problem is unequal treatment, where it's a "problem" if Alexstrasza shows her belly, but it's totally fine when the guys do it, it should be ok for both, yes?