Ancient Teachings of the Monestary post shadowlands.

What do you reckon is going to happen with the legendary effects post-SL? While numbers tuning is fine, some classes/specs depend massively on their lego's to support have a functional playstyle - my beloved ATOM being the most relevant as I write this. Pretty sure I wouldnt want to play monk in 10.0 unless fistweaving is as viable.

Quote Originally Posted by w0nderd0g View Post
    What do you reckon is going to happen with the legendary effects post-SL? While numbers tuning is fine, some classes/specs depend massively on their lego's to support have a functional playstyle - my beloved ATOM being the most relevant as I write this. Pretty sure I wouldnt want to play monk in 10.0 unless fistweaving is as viable.
    Some will be incorporated into the baseline, some will become talents, some will go away entirely. Same as it was with Legion and BfA.

Well I hate it. Playing a smarthealer were u dont need to target anyone just do dps rotation and essence font is lame.
    Hoping they let mistweaving be usable without getting oom in 2 minutes of fight.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gigasx View Post
    Well I hate it. Playing a smarthealer were u dont need to target anyone just do dps rotation and essence font is lame.
    Hoping they let mistweaving be usable without getting oom in 2 minutes of fight.
    Fistweaving is ENTIRELY OPTIONAL.....so what's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Fistweaving is ENTIRELY OPTIONAL.....so what's the issue?
    Well it is kinda not, literally no changes to mistweaving were made in last patches, you oom so fast you can't play casting. There were allways the "no spamming" argument, but playing a toon that it's CD literally begs for innervates or else you cant use it (not counting the EF mana cost wich is abysmal). And they don't perform well at all with only ToM as a legendary option, it is just okay.

And if you seen what I said, i wanted to make mistweaving viable too, not to disable fistweaving, witch is a fantasy that also suits monk, but it is just not my style. Whoever likes it must be really happy now.

I honestly think that they should commit to MW being a melee based healer with the option to "float" a while at range. The spec kind of struggles to be both separately and it just seems that trying to have both ways in same spec is a bad idea. ATOM should stay and I would even argue that you could get rid of EF and make the trigger be something else that is more natural way to proc it.

Really really really really hope AtoM stays in some form. I'd be utterly shocked if it didn't, really.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    I honestly think that they should commit to MW being a melee based healer with the option to "float" a while at range. The spec kind of struggles to be both separately and it just seems that trying to have both ways in same spec is a bad idea. ATOM should stay and I would even argue that you could get rid of EF and make the trigger be something else that is more natural way to proc it.
    I believe they can compromise as a mid range healer, much like what Evoker is going to be. I know Blizzard is trying really hard with some of these trees to make different things work in them, but the whole melee healer vs range healer thing needs to be solved by committing to something other than both exist and both can work, when we all know there will be a cookie cutter spec at the end of the day that is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Really really really really hope AtoM stays in some form. I'd be utterly shocked if it didn't, really.
    Well it is there got your wish

trees are up. ATOM is still there will several others abilities that juice it up further. fistweaving will absolutely be a powerhouse in DF.
    they are a mess though. they need major tuning and several missing slots including dps statue.

Yeh it's looking good! Now just hoping they do something to make mastery not a totally dead stat (almost no fistweaver healing triggers gust of wind atm).