WeakAura Button glow wont stop

Hello.

I'm trying to create a weakaura that tracks a debuff on a target, and then makes my button glow for the duration that the debuff is up.

I can get my button to glow with conditions, but it won't stop again after the debuff is gone, i've tried to create a second condition that tracks if the trigger is active false, then hide. But that does nothing.

Any ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    You might wanna try the weakauras discord: https://discord.gg/weakauras
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

You should only need 1 condition.

By default, have the glow off.
    The condition would be if the trigger is active, turn the glow on.

That way when the condition is false, it reverts back to the default case (no glow).

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk View Post
    You should only need 1 condition.

By default, have the glow off.
    The condition would be if the trigger is active, turn the glow on.

That way when the condition is false, it reverts back to the default case (no glow).
    My condition to make my button glow is default off. With this condition i can get my button to glow when the aura is active on my target, but as soon as the aura is not on the target anymore, i want my button to stop glow, but it keeps glowing forever untill i reload my ui.

Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    My condition to make my button glow is default off. With this condition i can get my button to glow when the aura is active on my target, but as soon as the aura is not on the target anymore, i want my button to stop glow, but it keeps glowing forever untill i reload my ui.

Oh, you're making the actionbar button itself glow?
    I haven't tested that. Let me mess around with it, but that's kind of a weird use case.
    What's the purpose of the aura?

Yeah, my action bar button should glow

I would like my Carve ability button on my action bar to glow when my target has a Shrarpnel Bomb debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk View Post
    Oh, you're making the actionbar button itself glow?
    I haven't tested that. Let me mess around with it, but that's kind of a weird use case.
    What's the purpose of the aura?
    After playing around with it a little, I found 2 things:

1) You specifically need a 2nd condition to hide a glow on an external element
    2) Your aura has to be active for the glow hide condition to register.

Go to your triggers tab and add an "always active trigger" under player/unit info -> conditions.
    Then change your "Required for Activation" at the top from "All Triggers" to "Any Triggers".

That should get your glow to properly show and hide.

Thank you so much, this does just what i want it to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    Hello.

I'm trying to create a weakaura that tracks a debuff on a target, and then makes my button glow for the duration that the debuff is up.

I can get my button to glow with conditions, but it won't stop again after the debuff is gone, i've tried to create a second condition that tracks if the trigger is active false, then hide. But that does nothing.

Any ideas.
    I have the exact same issue. did you find a solution?

- - - Updated - - -

you say change your "Required for Activation" at the top from "All Triggers" to "Any Triggers".
    and then what should I choose after any triggers?

Possible solution

Quote Originally Posted by S1lver1one View Post

- - - Updated - - -

you say change your "Required for Activation" at the top from "All Triggers" to "Any Triggers".
    The "required for activation" section is not nessesary relevant for the glow effekt to function.

To archieve what you want you need:

- atleast =1 trigger active OR all triggers active OR >=1 specific trigger/s to activate the aura. the trigger/s to activate(a) dont have to be the same trigger/s ( a OR b;c+d;..) wich you will use to activate the glow condition.

-as mentioned before you will need to create two(2) conditions to let a glow effekt vanish. the two conditions can check the same trigger(1)
    example : "condition 1 : trigger 1 active=true then glowexternal element, activate glow, choose frame (displayed by the aura). choose glow element.
    "condtition 2 (mark it as "else if"): trigger 1 actvie=not true the glowexternal,deativate glow, choose frame (displayed by the aura).

A few snippets for custom trigger activation in case you need more than 1 trigger to activate and activate all isnt also an option :

--need trigger 1 and 2 to activate
    function(trigger)
    return trigger[1] and trigger[2]
    end

--need trigger 1 and 2 to activate, trigger 3 must inactive
    function(trigger)
    return trigger[1] and trigger[2] and not trigger[3]
    end

--need trigger 1 or 2 to activate
    function(trigger)
    return trigger[1] or trigger[2]
    end

--need trigger 1 or 2 to activate, trigger 3 must be inactive
    function(trigger)
    return (trigger[1] or trigger[2]) and not trigger[3]
    end

Quote Originally Posted by S1lver1one View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The "required for activation" section is not nessesary relevant for the glow effekt to function.Neither are the glow settings in the "display" tab (they must be deactivated).

To archieve what you want you need:

- atleast =1 trigger active OR all triggers active OR >=1 specific trigger/s to activate the aura(custom function). the trigger/s to activate(a) dont have to be the same trigger/s ( a OR b;c+d;..) wich you will use to activate the glow condition.

-as mentioned before by Cinnamilk you will need to create two(2) conditions to let a glow effekt vanish. the two conditions can check the same trigger(1)
    example : "condition 1 : trigger 1 active=true then glowexternal element, activate glow, choose frame (displayed by the aura). choose glow element.
    "condtition 2 (mark it as "else if"): trigger 1 actvie=not true the glowexternal,deativate glow, choose frame (displayed by the aura).

To display a certain tooltipinformation/+icon you have to set up a trigger wich contains the information , and set "dynamic information" in the trigger tap to "get dynamic information form trigger[number] else it will pick the information from the first active trigger you set up for loading the aura.
    The display tab should have set its information source to "dynamic information" by default (you can change source in some aura formats like icons) - so nothing else to do there if thats the case.

A few snippets for custom trigger activation in case you need more than 1 trigger to activate and activate all isnt also an option :

--need trigger 1 and 2 to activate
    function(trigger)
    return trigger[1] and trigger[2]
    end

--need trigger 1 and 2 to activate, trigger 3 MUST be inactive (in case trigger[3] is only relevant for a condition but irrelevant for the aura itself to start you would use the function above)
    function(trigger)
    return trigger[1] and trigger[2] and not trigger[3]
    end

--need trigger 1 or 2 to activate
    function(trigger)
    return trigger[1] or trigger[2]
    end

--need trigger 1 or 2 to activate, trigger 3 MUST be inactive (in case trigger[3] is only relevant for a condition but irrelevant for the aura itself to start you would use the function above)
    function(trigger)
    return (trigger[1] or trigger[2]) and not trigger[3]
    end
    Last edited by Mirash; 2023-01-14 at 02:50 PM.