Computer sleep while watching videos.

Has your computer ever fallen asleep while you were watching a video because you didn't move the mouse periodically?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Has your computer ever fallen asleep while you were watching a video because you didn't move the mouse periodically?
    No. I have sleep turned off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Had an old version of PowerDVD (14) that would fade off my monitor after a few minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Nah it seems my computer senses video activity and doesn't start the AFK/non-activity timer until the video is finished.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    This is probably better over in the Computer forum section, but it comes down to whichever media player you're using. Most third-party media players like VLC have an option for disabling the screensaver to prevent what you're describing. But if you just use the built-in Windows media player or are watching online videos it will go off of your system power settings, so crank those up to 2+ hours (or w/e you prefer) and you should be ok.

Moved to the proper forum section.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    No. I have sleep turned off.
    Same /10char
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

I often fall asleep to movies or YouTube videos. It's almost become a habit.