Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    some combos dont make sense culturally (draenei warlock, goblin paladin), some dont make sense physically (tauren/ogre rogue).
    blizzard can smash anything into their already smashed up game but at this point might as well remove the RPG from the MMORPG.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2022-05-12 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Ok? Highborne were excluded from being in the Allaince until they weren't.....

If Blizzard wanted to add warlock Tauren there's a pretty easy link with the Bloodtotem
    They were excluded the same way Man'ari were excluded from Dreanei. They have opposite views, nad that very views make them hostile.
    There would need to be really good explanations for them being accepted, because both groups betrayed their worlds for the promise of power and became #1 enemy for their respective races for that.

Highborne are slightly differente, in the sense that Tyrande faction of night elves made all magic users responsible of what Azshara did for her wrong point of view that it was using magic what made elves greedy and seek power in the Legion.
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2022-05-12 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I agree. This is especially true since we pretty much see every race with every class on NPCs at some point (except DH).
    uh... No. You don't. There are no blood elf druids as NPCs. There are no goblin paladins or orcs, trolls... the list goes on. What there are is MANY classes that we can't play. Tons have been around since vanilla and many were gathered from all the corners of ever MMO before WoW and every D&D book, every Warhammer story and just about anything Blizzard could put a name to. Everything but one class... Bet you can't guess what that class is. A class that is uber powerful in many fantasy games or is a comic relief. -Depends on the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    The surviving Bloodtotem are hanging out at Thunder Totem; I could see some of them picking it back up. Sure, they’d be shunned, lorewise, but most warlocks are. (Except for Forsaken, Blood Elves and probably Vulpera)

I mean, the Nightborne were also nearly brought to ruin by the Legion, had a sect of traitors called Felborne, and they still get to have Warlocks. Let the Tauren play. It’d also give the HMT something distinct from the base Tauren.
    Fair points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Have a "Bad News" for you, they are both already in game(lore), but not yet made to be playable.

Just look at Doomguard :

(greenfire theory says that they are possible ancestors to Tauren race, that devolved from their demonic-past, to be peaceful cows)

Common BABE, give me evil Baine DH, or let him die atleast.
    Aren't those mutated eredar like the wrathguards?

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Really? which one?

Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post
    uh... No. You don't. There are no blood elf druids as NPCs. There are no goblin paladins or orcs, trolls... the list goes on. What there are is MANY classes that we can't play. Tons have been around since vanilla and many were gathered from all the corners of ever MMO before WoW and every D&D book, every Warhammer story and just about anything Blizzard could put a name to. Everything but one class... Bet you can't guess what that class is. A class that is uber powerful in many fantasy games or is a comic relief. -Depends on the creator.
    There are Troll Paladins in Hearthstone. Followers of Shirvallah.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Aren't those mutated eredar like the wrathguards?
    I don't know where he gets his wild theory from, but these are clearly not Tauren:

"The ered'ruin long predate Sargeras' betrayal.
    Before Sargeras freed them, the doomguard were the titan's hounds forever enslaved to police the use of arcane magics. Sacrificial magic was considered the greatest violation of life and the doomguard were attuned to instantly punish those who delved into such sorcery. After freeing the doomguard, Sargeras recruited them into the Burning Legion as enforcers and shock troopers."

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Sow the Soil
    That's not strictly a Druid, tho.
    I mean, yeah she does sport a druid tier set, but Druid class minions that feature Gnomes in Hearthstone are exclusively Botanists, not druids.
    Look up Shrubadier, Garden Gnome and Dreampetal Florist.
    Even in the Sow the Soil token cards, you can see she is, actually, sowing the treant seeds and then watching it sprout like a real plant. Not using druid magic, just growing plants.

I am not against the idea of all race/class combos, I think the game has progressed past the need to limit these customisation choices. But I do not think the Gnome in this card art is supposed to be a Druid.
    Last edited by Fistfighter; 2022-05-12 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Nah I think it’s smart to do this. Demon Hunters should always be the elves only.
    Demon Hunters should be limited to just Elves and Vulpera.

That's not strictly a Druid, tho.
    I mean, yeah she does sport a druid tier set, but Druid class minions that feature Gnomes in Hearthstone are exclusively Botanists, not druids.
    Look up Shrubadier, Garden Gnome and Dreampetal Florist.
    Even in the Sow the Soil token cards, you can see she is, actually, sowing the treant seeds and then watching it sprout like a real plant. Not using druid magic, just growing plants.

I am not against the idea of all race/class combos, I think the game has progressed past the need to limit these customisation choices. But I do not think the Gnome in this card art is supposed to be a Druid.
    Botanists are potential Druids. That's exactly what i would expect from a Gnome Druid - to come from a scientific pov.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Botanist_Freywinn

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    Snip
    Just to let you know, hearthstone is kinda meta. It exists in WoW, we've seen npcs play it, and they "know" it's fiction. Arguing that something exists in Hearthstone and therefore it should be considered WoW canon is kinda like taking a HotS skin and saying it's WoW canon.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Botanists are potential Druids. That's exactly what i would expect from a Gnome Druid - to come from a scientific pov.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Botanist_Freywinn
    Ok that makes a lot of sense. You could argue Goblins have the same role, with the Dendrologist minion from HS.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Just to let you know, hearthstone is kinda meta. It exists in WoW, we've seen npcs play it, and they "know" it's fiction. Arguing that something exists in Hearthstone and therefore it should be considered WoW canon is kinda like taking a HotS skin and saying it's WoW canon.
    To be fair, HS does a lot of cool stuff with the Warcraft universe, because they aren't limited by having to 3D model. A gnome paladin ? sure, why not. Gnomes are Priests of Light, and Gnomes are fierce warriors, why cannot there be some gnome paladins?
    Female kobolds? well there's obviously female kobolds in Warcraft lore, but noone ever bothered making a 3D model for them. But drawing a picture of one is easy, so of course HS has female kobolds.

Hearthstone stretech the lore of Warcraft in believable direction. It naturally adds to the world building. And I would argue they do it way more tactfully than WoW does sometimes. (Shadowlands, duh)

Ok that makes a lot of sense. You could argue Goblins have the same role, with the Dendrologist minion from HS.

To be fair, HS does a lot of cool stuff with the Warcraft universe, because they aren't limited by having to 3D model. A gnome paladin ? sure, why not. Gnomes are Priests of Light, and Gnomes are fierce warriors, why cannot there be some gnome paladins?
    Female kobolds? well there's obviously female kobolds in Warcraft lore, but noone ever bothered making a 3D model for them. But drawing a picture of one is easy, so of course HS has female kobolds.

Hearthstone stretech the lore of Warcraft in believable direction. It naturally adds to the world building. And I would argue they do it way more tactfully than WoW does sometimes. (Shadowlands, duh)
    Just trying to say that HS does seem to actually be a thing in WoW. Certain npcs talk about playing it and such. So saying cool things like gnome druids are in hearthstone gives them a foot in the door cause it means someone in WoW is at least curious enough about the concept to make a card, saying "it's in HS therefore it should be WoW canon" like a guy a few quotes ago was doing is too far imo.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Monks and warlocks fully unlocked when? They can't use the raid tier excuse with those, as it's a simple switch flip with no new art.

Back then the restrictions were in my opinion somewhat justified and reasonable. Now that there's mechagnomes whatevers, troll paladins, pandas, vulpera(??) and lord-knows-whats running about, any arguments based on lore this or that seem like utter garbage. You want a gnome druid, whatever, give them cub & kitten forms to boot, does anyone seriously care that much?
    The lore, whatever this magical and mysterious The Lore ever was, is bent, twisted, deformed and desecrated from infinite aspects enough already. At least from some purist's perspective, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Long story short: every single race should be able to choose and pick whatever class they want to play.

It seems that developers are too afraid to challenge and experiment with some of these foundations that almost doesn't mean anything in reality. Finding the ways and then allowing players to pick a class and their favorite race, and combine them together, would be an ideal and satisfactory outcome. Some of these magical inventions should take place now, without any fear.

I'm not invested in WoW, nor I play this game, posting out of nostalgia believing that the ancient and almost religious stubbornness isn't a right way to go. And with a upcoming cross-faction, the all-time sworn enemies Horde and Alliance are coming to play together for the rest of the time. It only a proves that they can do more with breaking up those ancient chains. The old men and women who wrote Warcraft aren't any fabric of any reality, everything can (and should) change in favor of a better future.
    Not true at all. From a lore perspective. Their 100% is a reason.

Right now the only things that are stopping Blizzard from doing all classes all races are:

1. Unique class specific attributes like race-dependent customization or accessories - i.e. totems and forms. Would not really do unlocking Demon Hunters for all and then having them turn into stock elven demon on meta.

2. Some starter experiences making little sense for specific combinations, like Draenei Warlocks.

(2) They can fix by making these specific combos a Exile's Reach only start. But (1) will take years, if will happen at all. For example DH for all would require demon forms for many races, that alone would probably require a good year or two of work by several dedicated artists and engineers.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

Who?

/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Demon Hunters should be limited to just Elves and Vulpera.
    ROFL Vulpera. Bite your tongue!

first add panda demon hunters, then you can add anything u want

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    first add panda demon hunters, then you can add anything u want
    Well, since China's feelings take precdent, and green eyes are a sign of demonic corruption in their culture, hard to say if that will happen.

Yes, I agree with you, I think that in this day and age it is unacceptable and low to belittle race because of some racial differences.