Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Yeah, I also used to care about lore restrictions but these days...meh. Combos like Lightforged Draenei Death Knights already exist so how much more stupid can any other combo be?

    And what's probably even more important to me; introducing new classes is one of the most sure ways to give long-time players something completely fresh to do. So restricting those to just a couple of races that folks may or may not like to play is stupid, imo. Even though it's been the only new class in years, I still haven't played Demon Hunter because I'm just not that into playing Night Elves or Blood Elves.
    Same. People act like classes restricted to races few people enjoy like Tinker is a moot point, not many people on Horde like blood elves being in the faction yet it's the only choice you get.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Absolutely not without any lore or background tying them to a certain class. That's just a cheapening of the lore.



    Of course it does, because every race differs in its class lore. The moment you give up on that, everyone is the same.



    The chinese are sensitive to the topic of demonic corruption, so no Panda Demon Hunters.
    Tauren Rogues might exist as Grimototem.



    They were all but excluded from joining the Horde.



    It makes perfect sense because that's why you have lore.
    It's like having all races be Humans or all classes be Warrior because we're sensitive to the idea of division.



    Too late. Doomsayer Jurim already exists.
    And by the way, did you forget that Archimonde is blue?



    No. Racials are important to the lore and RP of the game.



    Mag'har's Priest lore is because they delve into the Void. They have nothing to do with the Light.
    Tauren and Draenei Rogues already exist. Check out Altaair and the Grimtotem tribe.



    False:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-combinations



    Which is the worst kind of lore. No lore whatsoever behind Monk races aside from Pandaren.
    Gnomes Shamans are possible through technology, like the Goblins.



    No, actually, it does the opposite because everyone is the same.



    Check this out, then:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-combinations

    With every possibility open, literally hundreds of unique new opportunities become possible. Mechagnome Druids with Robotic animal forms? Like fuck yeah yes please.
    There is a Gnome Druid in Hearthstone.



    Lore is not arbitrarily.
    That's why you have different races and classes to begin with.



    Not all. But, a lot more.



    Rangers already tap into nature magic.



    Broken don't have Druids. Lost Ones do.



    Wildhammer can already be Druids in lore.
    There's a Dwarf Demon Hunter in Hearthstone.



    There's a Gnome Druid in lore.



    Doesn't make sense in the slightest.



    They don't have either.



    Literally goes against their very being.



    Was retconned.[/QUOTE]


    I don't care what Burning Crusade, Warlords of Draenor and Reforged show you, in more sources than those 3 he is green. Someone didn't play Warcraft 3 or watch the Undead/Night Elf end cinematics. :P GG

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    Ah yes those guys, with that overdone, (but somewhat funny) reference to the Orcs drinking demon blood. What did it cost? / Everything!

    I am all up for team Tauren Rogue!

    With regards to Monk for Goblin/Worgen - the reason they don't have monks lorewise is that there were no visiting pandarens pre-cata and it doesn't fit their starting experience. The Worgen druid starts out in alternative lore, as harvest-witches among the agrarian folk before embracing Kaldorei teachings. Likewise, we could have Goblin and Worgen monks who later on embrace the teachings of Kang, the Fist of First Dawn.

    Worgen: Monks akin to the scarlet monks in Scarlet Monstery (Wow Alpha discipline priests).
    Goblins: Not sure? :P
    Seems team Tauren Rogue scored a victory!

    New Race/Class Combos with Dragonflight
    Tauren Mage
    Highmountain Tauren Mage
    Orc Priest
    Highmountain Tauren Priest
    Tauren Rogue
    Highmountain Tauren Rogue
    Draenei Rogue
    Lightforged Draenei Rogue

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/eight-n...nflight-326955
    Last edited by Rockefellah; 2022-05-09 at 02:57 AM.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    I don't care what Burning Crusade, Warlords of Draenor and Reforged show you, in more sources than those 3 he is green. Someone didn't play Warcraft 3 or watch the Undead/Night Elf end cinematics. :P GG
    Who is?
    At this point, i'm lost...
    Learn to quote.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Long story short: every single race should be able to choose and pick whatever class they want to play.

    It seems that developers are too afraid to challenge and experiment with some of these foundations that almost doesn't mean anything in reality. Finding the ways and then allowing players to pick a class and their favorite race, and combine them together, would be an ideal and satisfactory outcome. Some of these magical inventions should take place now, without any fear.

    I'm not invested in WoW, nor I play this game, posting out of nostalgia believing that the ancient and almost religious stubbornness isn't a right way to go. And with a upcoming cross-faction, the all-time sworn enemies Horde and Alliance are coming to play together for the rest of the time. It only a proves that they can do more with breaking up those ancient chains. The old men and women who wrote Warcraft aren't any fabric of any reality, everything can (and should) change in favor of a better future.
    I've been telling it for a long time already. Class - isn't something, you born with. It's something, you can be taught and trained. Some races don't like certain classes for "reason"? There are always exiles, who still want to do something forbidden. It's not hard lore-wise to justify it. Some race-class combinations are already in game. For example Grimtotems can be rogues. I don't remember, if it was Cata or MOP, but there was Horde quest line against Grimtotems, where I expected them to join Horde, but it didn't happen.

    But there are cons. For example will Horde would be Blood Elfs and whole Alliance will be Humans, because majority of playerbase lacks imagination and players play as themselves, not create avatar for themselves instead.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Druids and to a lesser extent paladins seem to be the only real issues, since they have unique stuff based on their race. Paladins have different chargers/divine steeds based on race, and druids historically get a unique set of form skins per race. Though I think people would probably prefer reusing the same models instead of not having racial freedom.
    On my druids I switch to the artefaft skins the first chance I get. I think I and many others could do without super diverse racial skins and let's be honest for a moment, a company like Blizzard could easily afford it anyway despite that. Afaik they already started to outsource art.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-05-09 at 06:07 AM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Agreed a thousand times.

    Makes literally zero sense for any of the classes to be locked behind any of the races.

    Imagine you're sitting at table playing D&D with your friends, and your DM insists that you can't be a Goblin Paladin, and just whines "because they caaaan't!" over and over and over again. You'd wanna slap em.
    Imagine that you are a GM and your friend who doesn't care about the setting, lore and ROLE component whines that he wants to be super duper unique (because in life he is a worthless clerk who has never been on a date) again and again, you just want to give slap him at this moment

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post

    And this is much applied to classes... Some don't work because well, it's literally impossible... like a Green Orc using the Light is impossible (I've seen people tell me otherwise that Shadowmoon Orcs are priests because they use the void, and I keep telling them 'No, they're Mag'har. They didn't drink the demon blood koolaid.') or the fact that Tauren and Draenei can't be Rogues unless they have something to soften the sound of their hooves.
    Demonic blood does NOT prevent you from using Light(or Void). We have examples of how the demons themselves use the Light.

  8. #168
    Well, they literally told how they want the race to not matter when it's about choosing your class - where it makes sense. Also they mentioned the fact that some classes need additional animations they have to make for the newly added races so it may take more time to unlock more combinations.

    Maybe we won't have all races can do all classes but over time a great majority of them should be covered.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  9. #169
    Nah i feel they already are to loose with what race cant be what classes.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I feel like half the people who make posts like this think to themselves "blood elf druid and night elf paladin!" when the reality is, that is a tough pill to swallow when you also introduce Pandaren Demon Hunters, Goblin Paladins and Tauren Rogues.

    This didn't age well.


    I personally agree with OP. The races made sense when Warcraft still portrayed each race as their own unique thing that occasionally come together to help each other out, but now pretty much every nation lives on top of each other. No-one really has any uniqueness left and as far as lore goes, there's no reason why specific individuals of each race (players) couldn't have gone off to learn from the other races on how to be another class.

  11. #171
    Guess there is nothing to do so people complain

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Demonic blood does NOT prevent you from using Light(or Void). We have examples of how the demons themselves use the Light.
    If you're referring to the Nathrezim/Dreadlords, they're masters of deception and will join the ranks of any cosmology. It was confirmed from a book that was found in Revendreth. Source

    There isn't any explanation on why the green Orcs can't or haven't used the Light. Even if you say, "Well they were void priests in Shadowmoon and it's canon in the Chronicles" Fair enough, but even the Undead had examples of why they could use the Light, but it came at the cost of injuring themselves. Where's the explanation of how Orcs can wield the Light? The Mag'har? They're from an alternate universe where the Draenei practically took over the planet and subjugated them to serve the Light.

    I could understand why Orcs became Mages because they studied under Blood Elves, but if that was the case, they could've become priests as far back as Cata. Why wait until NOW to decide to give them the option to be priests? Is it because of the Sunwell's restoration that they could learn from Blood Elves by being near it? Did they pick it up because of Calia Menethil?

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    If you're referring to the Nathrezim/Dreadlords, they're masters of deception and will join the ranks of any cosmology. It was confirmed from a book that was found in Revendreth. Source

    There isn't any explanation on why the green Orcs can't or haven't used the Light. Even if you say, "Well they were void priests in Shadowmoon and it's canon in the Chronicles" Fair enough, but even the Undead had examples of why they could use the Light, but it came at the cost of injuring themselves. Where's the explanation of how Orcs can wield the Light? The Mag'har? They're from an alternate universe where the Draenei practically took over the planet and subjugated them to serve the Light.

    I could understand why Orcs became Mages because they studied under Blood Elves, but if that was the case, they could've become priests as far back as Cata. Why wait until NOW to decide to give them the option to be priests? Is it because of the Sunwell's restoration that they could learn from Blood Elves by being near it? Did they pick it up because of Calia Menethil?
    No, I meant Shivarra from Magisters' Terrace and Doommaiden from Argus. So yes, green orcs can wield the Light.

  14. #174
    "Unlike other shivarra, Delrissa is classified as a humanoid, not a demon. This may be for gameplay reasons.
    Although technically a humanoid, lore-wise Delrissa is still a demon. How is she capable of using Holy magic remains a mystery." Source

    Saying just two demon NPCs, isn't enough to prove otherwise. The only reason I could think of is that the demon blood inside the Orcs has waned so much that they can use the Light but it can't cure their green skin. Or that the AU Mag'har taught them how to wield the Light because they learned it from the Draenei... or that Calia Menethil knows a method on teaching them to use the Light given her experience as a priestess.

    Anything is better than just saying "Oh because they can" then that would imply that they've always KNEW how to wield the Light and that they could've made Orc Priests way back in the Cata when they were doing class combos all over the place, or even in Legion or BfA. Tauren had a reason how they became paladins and priests, why not Orcs?

    Maybe it might be explained in some short story or some novel or something. The other new class combos, Mage/Rogue Tauren, Priest/Mage/Rogue HM Tauren, Rogue Draenei, and Rogue LF Draenei all seem to make sense to me. Priest Orcs need to convince me otherwise and give a reason why it took them so long to actually wield the Light if they couldn't up until this point.

  15. #175
    I said that we have examples of demons using the Light. It was never said that those affected by the Fel couldn't do it. Or do you have proof that green orcs can't really do that?


    Yes, they could ALWAYS do it, they just weren't interested in it before. Perhaps their relatives, the Mag'hars, were able to convince them.

  16. #176
    Warlocks don't have special animations, but there's still lore considerations which is why the Warlock class isn't being expanded to every race in 10.0 like mages, priests and rogues.

    I've held fast that I don't want to see Draenei wield fel magic for a long time now, but I'd love to play an Eredar Warlock or DH.

    If they can show that distinction in-game, that'd be great. But even then, some combinations like Mag'har Orc Warlocks and DH makes little sense.

    Extended exposure to or use of fel magic would taint their skin tone to green like regular orcs.

    If Blizzard creates fel-corrupted visual effects to the appropriate races, for the sake of both DHs and Warlocks, I'd be fine with Warlocks being available across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  17. #177
    Warchief Beet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who me?
    Posts
    2,223
    Nah I think it’s smart to do this. Demon Hunters should always be the elves only.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    No. Just, no.

    This game has already removed too much of its RPG origins. Let's try and maintain what little is left and which makes each race feel distinct.
    What RPG are you talking about? I often wonder if those who cry "but meh RPG!" have ever actually PLAYED an rpg.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    This didn't age well.


    I personally agree with OP. The races made sense when Warcraft still portrayed each race as their own unique thing that occasionally come together to help each other out, but now pretty much every nation lives on top of each other. No-one really has any uniqueness left and as far as lore goes, there's no reason why specific individuals of each race (players) couldn't have gone off to learn from the other races on how to be another class.
    I look at it this way - they spend so much time advancing the gameplay, evolving and changing with the times (for better or WORSE), but are stuck in the mud with some things that made sense 20 years ago, but are horribly outdated now, even from a lore perspective. We even have the PERFECT system in place to allow a cool and fun questline to explain how X race can now be Y class - send them to the legion class halls for training and education. Not only could they do it, they could make it really fun and interesting.

    I dont want WoW or ANY game i play to remain static and rigid purely because "well, thats how we wrote the lore 20+ years ago so its gotta stay that way" - its bad for the game. Yes, they risk frustrating some players, absolutely, but thats ALWAYS the case with every single design decision - from changing demo locks, SV hunters, splitting feral into 2 trees - adding pandas, adding furries, literally every addition or change they make has the potential to piss off SOME players, but imo, the ones who would be pissed off by such a meaningless change are so obsessed with the game, they wont be going anywhere.

    Its funny to me that many ppl swore black and blue they would quit the game if the factions could ever play together, now its widely considered a great change and has for the most part had a very positive reception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I feel like half the people who make posts like this think to themselves "blood elf druid and night elf paladin!" when the reality is, that is a tough pill to swallow when you also introduce Pandaren Demon Hunters, Goblin Paladins and Tauren Rogues.
    Not gonna lie, it's going to feel weird tauren and male draenei doing the shadowstrike animation.

    IMO, I think they should go back to make each class/race combo different, but I also understand that they homogenized them because how absurdly elitist and competitve WoW's community is, to the point of bordering on stupidity.

    I think a middle ground ground could be making the changes just cosmetic (only change names, icons and FX). And even that was a problem a few year ago, arguing about PVP would be confusing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    I wouldn't go for all-out with every class/race, but a Cata style expansion fitted in lore would be welcome to make most available.

    I really loved how Tauren Paladin/Priests Sunwalkers was introduced with a couple of Druids reflecting on the horrors they witnessed in Northrend.

    A couple of combinations that are stationed in lore, and that perhaps now the story is ready to introduce them:

    Draenei: Demon Hunter; Rogue; [Why Demon Hunter but not a warlock? A demon hunter is a sacrifice for the greater good, while a warlock is about greed and domination - it won't fit Draenai likewise. An alternative is an Eredar allied race (for the horde) that has warlocks. Why no druid? I don't see a link with animal spirits or even what kind of animals they would shape shift in. An alternative is a Broken allied race (for the alliance) that has druids like the Broken in TBC]
    Dwarf: [Don't see lore reasons to add Demon Hunter or Druid here]
    Gnome: [Don't see lore reasons to add Demon Hunter or Druid here]
    Human: Shaman; Druid;
    Night Elf: Paladin;
    Worgen: Monk (w/o a Pandaren trainer in the starting area; akin to how druid is set up)
    Dark Iron Dwarf:
    Kul Tiran: Paladin:
    Lightforged Draenei:
    Void Elf: Demon Hunter; Paladin;

    Blood Elf: Druid;
    Goblin: Monk;
    Orc: Demon Hunter; Priest;
    Tauren: Mage; Rogue;
    Troll: Paladin;
    Undead: Paladin;
    Highmountain Tauren: Mage; Paladin; Priest; Rogue;
    Mah’Har Orc: Demon Hunter;
    Nightborne:
    Vulpera:
    Zandalari Troll: Warlock
    Just a few notes:
    Worgen: Monk (w/o a Pandaren trainer in the starting area; akin to how druid is set up) They could make that only chose Monk you only can start in Exile's.
    Void Elf: Demon Hunter; Paladin; I don't think they could be those clases, as I already saw that it goes "explody".

    Goblin: Monk; Same as worgen, they could make them forced to start on Exile's. Or they could add a pandaren monk mercenary-style to the starting area. It would n't feel so weird for them to bribe one trainer. (remember, the character player is actually one of the most famous, rich goblins of the isle)
    Undead: Paladin; In theory, they can't. The Light would destroy them.
    Mah’Har Orc: Demon Hunter; They can't. They would stop being maghar.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    Indeed Tauren wise its because the player character is seen Bloodhoof Clan. But Grimtotem has no issue with rogues and their tactics of stealth and poison.

    Runetotem Clan is the one who rediscovered the way of the Druid; but went out to teach this to the Bloodhoof Tauren.

    Lore wise it's possible to have Grimtotem Tauren teach Bloodhof Tauren how to be rogues.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Since when are the Highmountain evil?
    He means the Bloodtotem tribe that betrayed Highmountain and reanmed to Feltotem tribe.
    But, as far as I know, we killed each and everyone of them. And I really doubt that if any survivor comes back would be welcome after such betrayal.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    There is a Gnome Druid in Hearthstone.
    Really? which one?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •