Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    And who TF are you to tell them how to run their session? People can have preferences contrary to yours... Imagine resorting to physical violence because you don't agree with a DM in D&D. Maybe just don't play with that DM again.
    Best part is people are literally doing what's happening on your analogy and not playing WoW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Goblin Shaman. Orc Mages. Tauren Paladin
    The Idiocy. The Lore Violating Is Already Here
    Night Elf Mages Being Retconned Into OK Has Happened
    Broard-Spectrum Stupidity Is A Price Worth Paying For Draenei Warlocks
    Not draenei warlocks, I don't want blue draenei warlocks, I will however accept eredar warlocks, since the fel TURNS THEM INTO MAN'ARI. Fel turns them from blue to grayish, brownish, redish or greenish. Happy to cite examples.

As for night elf mages that's not a retcon, not sure what you mean by OK, but night elves were established as the first mortal race to use arcane before WoW but you're a "proud Wrath baby" so I guess you wouldn't know that.

Going against lore too much is garbage that people who don't ACTUALLY care about the brand, aren't invested in it or didn't grow up with it always want to do. Worgen paladin for instance, the curse just plays nice with the Light? Nah BS. There has to be boundries, it ends up making things deeper. I know you guys think this would make it more diverse but it would actually make it shallow AF. Kind of like how Dungeon Finder made it to where no one talks in groups anymore and you don't even know if you're running with bots in dungeons now... Also, don't try to tell people how much they should care, I had fond memories of playing the Warcraft games with my dad and I don't want people who don't even really care deeply about it taking a dump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Because fk individuality?
    Where is the individuality when all races can be the same classes? That's a loss of identity for the races. All races become the same. They become less individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    Not draenei warlocks, I don't want blue draenei warlocks, I will however accept eredar warlocks, since the fel TURNS THEM INTO MAN'ARI. Fel turns them from blue to grayish, brownish, redish or greenish. Happy to cite examples.

As for night elf mages that's not a retcon, not sure what you mean by OK, but night elves were established as the first mortal race to use arcane before WoW but you're a "proud Wrath baby" so I guess you wouldn't know that.

Going against lore too much is garbage that people who don't ACTUALLY care about the brand, aren't invested in it or didn't grow up with it always want to do. Worgen paladin for instance, the curse just plays nice with the Light? Nah BS. There has to be boundries, it ends up making things deeper. I know you guys think this would make it more diverse but it would actually make it shallow AF. Kind of like how Dungeon Finder made it to where no one talks in groups anymore and you don't even know if you're running with bots in dungeons now... Also, don't try to tell people how much they should care, I had fond memories of playing the Warcraft games with my dad and I don't want people who don't even really care deeply about it taking a dump on it.
    This same logic applies to Mag’har Orcs vs Horde Orcs. Mag’har can not be warlocks and logically it doesn’t make sense for them to be warlocks since it would change them physically.

OP just wants to play Barbie dress up in dreamland where you can do whatever you like.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Long story short: every single race should be able to choose and pick whatever class they want to play.

It seems that developers are too afraid to challenge and experiment with some of these foundations that almost doesn't mean anything in reality. Finding the ways and then allowing players to pick a class and their favorite race, and combine them together, would be an ideal and satisfactory outcome. Some of these magical inventions should take place now, without any fear.

I'm not invested in WoW, nor I play this game, posting out of nostalgia believing that the ancient and almost religious stubbornness isn't a right way to go. And with a upcoming cross-faction, the all-time sworn enemies Horde and Alliance are coming to play together for the rest of the time. It only a proves that they can do more with breaking up those ancient chains. The old men and women who wrote Warcraft aren't any fabric of any reality, everything can (and should) change in favor of a better future.
    No.

Absolutely not.

Very bad idea.

The lore has already been butchered enough. Let's salvage what's left of it by not screwing with the race class combinations that already screwed the pooch with death knights and paladins.

Stealth is magical and hooves are soft on the bottom. Tauren and Draenei Rogues should already exist

Nelf Paladins need to happen already

Same with HMT Warlocks

I’m all for restricting them somewhat but gradually adding even slightly fitting options is fun and interesting

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    No.

Absolutely not.

Very bad idea.

The lore has already been butchered enough. Let's salvage what's left of it by not screwing with the race class combinations that already screwed the pooch with death knights and paladins.
    Nobody cares about Lore anymore, not even Blizzard. We just had a Death God turn into a robot from that Will Smith movie and some emo non-binary smurf turn into a giant floating cheeto, nothing matters anymore

Rather have some gameplay improvements instead of cringe 2004 design restrictions.

The thing about Tauren rogues is that they are, in fact, quite successful. Have you ever seen one? Q.E.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg Berserker View Post
    Where is the individuality when all races can be the same classes? That's a loss of identity for the races. All races become the same. They become less individual.
    How about letting the individuality come from, you know, THE INDIVIDUAL? Rather than it actually CONSTRICTING your individuality because certain choices lock you into certain options.

To argue that such restrictions help you be more of an individual rather than less seems like a weird leap in logic to me.

I think one of the best things they could do for the health of the game would be to open up all class and race combos and then remove racials and factions. Then everyone could just be whatever they wanted and would all be one pool of players. Of course there is almost no chance they ever actually do it.

I'm fine with some classes not available to certain races, adds a level of flavor and uniqueness.

I wanted Goblin and Worgen monks, since those are the only two races that don't have them.

They've already homogenized the game a bit too much to my liking (paladin cows...yikes.)

Racial identity was definitely a strong point of this game, but at this point due to the above I don't even care that much anymore and to be fair it never was all too logical to begin with (gnome warriors and undead priests in classic... yeah, that made sense.)

Because fk individuality? Maybe a draenie or two would like to learn to become a warlock?

Maybe dwarves would like to learn the ways of the druid? Since they already live in a cave like a bear does lol.

Maybe some tauren are sick and tired of the stereotypes and want to learn to be a rogue to show the world big cows can be sneaky too?

It's just as easy to justify unlocking all class/race combos as it is to dismiss it.
    This, exactly this!

5+ Year Old Account
    There is one very important reason. The resources it takes to make it happen, unless you want a tauren to transform into an elf when using Metamorphosis, for example.

Could it be done? Sure. But those resources are better spent on dungeons/raids/content.

For the classes where it wouldn't be a big deal, sure you could do it though.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-04-05 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Long story short: every single race should be able to choose and pick whatever class they want to play.

It seems that developers are too afraid to challenge and experiment with some of these foundations that almost doesn't mean anything in reality. Finding the ways and then allowing players to pick a class and their favorite race, and combine them together, would be an ideal and satisfactory outcome. Some of these magical inventions should take place now, without any fear.

I'm not invested in WoW, nor I play this game, posting out of nostalgia believing that the ancient and almost religious stubbornness isn't a right way to go. And with a upcoming cross-faction, the all-time sworn enemies Horde and Alliance are coming to play together for the rest of the time. It only a proves that they can do more with breaking up those ancient chains. The old men and women who wrote Warcraft aren't any fabric of any reality, everything can (and should) change in favor of a better future.
    No, even Cross-Faction has limits of its own that people are still saying they want and Cross-Faction stuff is bound to instanced groups or if you have friends playing a Horde and need to run through something because it's their main. And they can't do certain instances because of lore breaking reasons and they can't do the same quests nor go into the other faction's major city as they desire.

And this is much applied to classes... Some don't work because well, it's literally impossible... like a Green Orc using the Light is impossible (I've seen people tell me otherwise that Shadowmoon Orcs are priests because they use the void, and I keep telling them 'No, they're Mag'har. They didn't drink the demon blood koolaid.') or the fact that Tauren and Draenei can't be Rogues unless they have something to soften the sound of their hooves.

While others just clash with the timeline of events... Like Worgen and Goblin being unable to play as Monks because the events of Cata pre-date Mists of Pandaria. Same can be said about the Demon Hunters, because their starting area takes place during the events of the Black Temple raid when Illidan is defeated. (However, these problems can be fixed if they expand into the Exile's Reach zone or have some other way around it.)

Even that one blood elf boss in Botanica who a lot of people thought was a druid, turned out to be a skilled botanist that he could turn into a tree on a whim. The only one that makes sense is Paladin Night Elves, because the recent expansion (maybe not THAT recent since it was 5 years ago), Legion, confirmed that Paladin Night Elves were a thing and you even recruit one of them as a follower.

(There's also the big issue with Druids because it would mean having to design new saber, bear, and moonkin models for each new race that plays a druid. Like the fact that Kul'Tirans and Zandalari can both be druids and get totally unique models different from any other race's druid forms. Same logic can be applied to Shaman Totems, and Paladin Chargers, most of which are mounts specifically designed for that race with the only exception being Blood Elves who have a red paladin horse charger while the Alliance has the blue variant.)

I'm not trying to say this stuff isn't possible, but that there's always a caveat behind it.
    Last edited by Woggmer; 2022-04-05 at 03:28 AM.

Because fk individuality? Maybe a draenie or two would like to learn to become a warlock?

Maybe dwarves would like to learn the ways of the druid? Since they already live in a cave like a bear does lol.

Maybe some tauren are sick and tired of the stereotypes and want to learn to be a rogue to show the world big cows can be sneaky too?

It's just as easy to justify unlocking all class/race combos as it is to dismiss it.
    Eredar are the first ever warlocks so draenei warlock isn't even far-fetched in the lore.

If a Panda can teach a zombie how to be a Monk, there's no reason it can't learn to be a Shaman or even a Demon Hunter. Dwarves and Goblins can be Shaman, but Gnomes can't? Explain that to me. Tauren Rogues are hilarious and ironic which is more than enough reason to add them.

I would argue that opening up all race/class possibilities does way more for individuality for the player than restrictions do.

If you want to be a Demon Hunter you're limited to 2 races, woohoo individuality /s

With every possibility open, literally hundreds of unique new opportunities become possible. Mechagnome Druids with Robotic animal forms? Like fuck yeah yes please.

But who cares about any of those combos you just mentioned?
    I'd like a Belf druid but Im a fan boy so. Panda DH would be funny too!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

abolish races altogether and replace them with one of those vessel-robots from zereth mortis

can't have race in such delicate times