Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Tiamat!?

Tbf, this concept isn't unique by any means:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    He did. He was "outside of time" when we killed him in the End Time dungeon. It is possible that we encounter him in what would be his past since time travel is involved but he is dead. However dead has never meant much in the lore if Blizzard wants someone back. It just feels cheap to me to bring him back to be involved and some weird paradox if he is the cause of Nozdormu being corrupted. The whole what came first chicken or egg thing.
    Theres a twist to this.. cause yes, Murozond was outside the timeline.. BUT we still have Nozdormu alive meaning that meeting Murozond (as they are one and the same but nozdormu being current and murozond being future having traveled back in time using the hourglass to stop our affairs during the end times dungeon).
    AS they are one and the same, one cannot exist without the other, MEANING as long as Nozdormu still exists (IN any timeline) So does Murozond.

WoW is an example of "timetravel does not allow for paradoxes to happen" the example in this case being, that we during the end times dungeon defeat both a corrupt Jaina, Baine, Sylvanas and Tyrande.. (2 of those having been defeated in battle by us adventurers already, not killed though)

IF meeting Murozond (or a corrupt Nozdormu) was to not be possible anymore, Nozdormu from our timeline, would've had to not exist anymore.. (and thats not to mention the whole thing that opened up as they started exploring alternate universe timelines with warlords of draenor, which would mean theres even more versions of Murozond/Nozdormu out there..

and if anything is to be believed, i'm sure blizzard would go with the infinite timelines/universes theory here, meaning theres an infinite amount of timelines where nozdormu doesnt become murozond, and and infinite amount of timelines where he does.. The big question is just.. Which timeline is our azeroth on?

Also. quick edit here. as i was scouring through the wowpedia

"At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.
    Still, in the future, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.
    What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that humanity survived to live another day.
    All that matters... is this moment."

This is taken directly from nozdormu's wiki page (source: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Nozdormu )
    This alone means that Murozond will return, in the future, but that we will defeat him once again.
    Last edited by zhorteye; 2022-04-10 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    I have to ask.. do we really need one big overarching threat every single expansion?
    Why cant we just go back to simpler times where the story didnt have to happen in one flow, but could fan out into multiple? (Look at classic, with multiple threats ie: The Scarlet Crusade in SM, Blackrock orcs in Blackrock mountain, Scourge in the plaguelands, Trolls in Stranglethorn, Murlocs and naga as major threats in Southshore (for a little while).. Does it really have to all be 1 big enemy that we have to fight? Why cant we just go back to being adventureres, even if for just one expansion.. We shouldnt have to save the world/cosmos every 2 years.

-TLDR: Its okay to have a proper "lets explore some stories" expansion rather than always having to fight the next big world threat.
    There needs to be a threat or we end up with some garbage half-assed rushed story like we did in BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Why? lol

Galakrond the father of all dragons wouldn't work for a final boss....but...Argus works? a random world soul who was in the story at the end of an expansion... or the jailer some random new made up bad guy who is suddenly the reason everything that has ever happened since wc3.. we draw the line at Galakrond? why...cause he's dead? LOL that's never stopped blizzard before..
    Because Galakrond is nothing but bones in Dragonblight, the Lich King's forces tried to resurrect it but we (the players) put a stop to those plans each time they tried.

So it's either one of three options, Murozond makes a return, Chromatus gets reanimated, or... some other boss we don't know about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There needs to be a threat or we end up with some garbage half-assed rushed story like we did in BFA.
    The threat during BFA was the factions.. (They had to put the old gods in there because the faction war LITERALLY doesnt matter anymore)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Because Galakrond is nothing but bones in Dragonblight, the Lich King's forces tried to resurrect it but we (the players) put a stop to those plans each time they tried.

So it's either one of three options, Murozond makes a return, Chromatus gets reanimated, or... some other boss we don't know about.
    I dont remember us actually stopping the ressurection of galakrond at Galakrond's fall.. Yes, we did 1-2 quests where we went and slayed a few necromancers.. but for how many years had that been going on at that point? and did it continue once we left northrend in cataclysm? Did anything go on there while we were busy in shadowlands? Did the opening of the veil bring some energy to him? How long have we lore wise been gone from azeroth now? etc.. alot can happen and theres alot of ways they can explain galakrond returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Tbf, this concept isn't unique by any means:

If that pre-dates Tiamat, then touche. I know King Ghidora existed long before Tiamat, but he was three-headed and Tiamat kind of invented at least the five multi-colored heads dragon concept.

I dont remember us actually stopping the ressurection of galakrond at Galakrond's fall.. Yes, we did 1-2 quests where we went and slayed a few necromancers.. but for how many years had that been going on at that point? and did it continue once we left northrend in cataclysm? Did anything go on there while we were busy in shadowlands? Did the opening of the veil bring some energy to him? How long have we lore wise been gone from azeroth now? etc.. alot can happen and theres alot of ways they can explain galakrond returning.
    The issue isn't really "Galakrond can't be brought back" so much as it's that Galakrond isn't a big threat to begin with, and lol @ him fighting the Black Empire or N'zoth. People obsess so much over how big his body was in Wrath that they forget Tyr beat Galakrond and his entire massive army of undead proto-drakes with himself and five proto-drakes who were a bit smarter than the regular dumb animal protos, and could use elemental breath attacks.

The five not!Aspects literally beat him by ganging up to claw out his eyes and bite the shit out of his neck.

Galakrond himself was never some insane threat, which is why the other keepers didn't bother. The actual threat was that left unchecked, his undead army and necrotic infection was going to keep growing exponentially and eventually spread everywhere. You might as well just bring back Putress.

The threat during BFA was the factions.. (They had to put the old gods in there because the faction war LITERALLY doesnt matter anymore)
    Again a rushed story without a threat shown or known. It wasn't a last minute decision like you're trying to imply, they knew the story they wanted to tell from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

"Some time afterwards, the Lich King put Grand Necrolord Antiok in charge of an effort to raise Galakrond into undeath. These plans were thwarted by adventurers who slew Antiok and ended his rituals." - Galakrond and the Scourge, Quest, Dragonblight.

"Following a meeting between the former aspects, Kalecgos discovered the Spark of Tyr--and later Tyr's hand--within Galakrond's skeleton. The artifact showed Kalecgos visions of the distant past, which caused him to learn the truth about Galakrond. As Kalec was rocked by these visions Jaina Proudmoore traveled to Galakrond's skeleton looking for a way to aid her love.

Both Kalec and Jaina encounter the ghost of the taunka Buniq in their exploration's of Galakrond's skeleton (Jaina theorized her [Buniq] to be Tyr in disguise). After using the artifact to remind the other former aspects of their duties, Kalec thought he saw Tyr standing at Galakrond's Rest." - Dawn of the Aspects, Novel.

Galakrond is one possibility, but he isn't the ONLY possibility. The only way they could bring him back in would be if they give us more details about Tyr. There's a connection between Galakrond and Tyr and it might be something to explore, especially since we don't know much about Tyr other than he went missing.

Chromatus is more plausible mainly because all it would take is something to re-animate the body and Chromatus will return.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It tells you that the expansion would be a filler expansion if it was true.
    In the past, I wouldn't have believed it. Now? Now it definitely tracks and I hate it.

This fake is just bad. 9 days remains and people still manage to pull out shit like that. What's the point anymore when you're not even trying to guess what are the features ?

Too much dialogue to be a intro cutscene. Usually its just one liners.

Times change, everything, this world is a prison, what are we fighting for. Theres not much dialogue in any of the cinematics.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Galakrond another resurrected character coming back to life will be boring to say the least. He might work as a introductory boss for the expansion but I don't see him being final one, sorry proto drake lovers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but I prefer the 4chan one. This is just bad.

Implies deathwing, cannot be deathwing, as stated during the fight that moment cannot be undone even with time shenanigans, lame.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If that pre-dates Tiamat, then touche. I know King Ghidora existed long before Tiamat, but he was three-headed and Tiamat kind of invented at least the five multi-colored heads dragon concept.
    Tiamat isn't something that D&D invented though, far from it. And you can't copyright "multi-headed dragon".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Final boss fight: Toenails of Galakrond. I can't wait.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have to ask.. do we really need one big overarching threat every single expansion?
    Why cant we just go back to simpler times where the story didnt have to happen in one flow, but could fan out into multiple? (Look at classic, with multiple threats ie: The Scarlet Crusade in SM, Blackrock orcs in Blackrock mountain, Scourge in the plaguelands, Trolls in Stranglethorn, Murlocs and naga as major threats in Southshore (for a little while).. Does it really have to all be 1 big enemy that we have to fight? Why cant we just go back to being adventureres, even if for just one expansion.. We shouldnt have to save the world/cosmos every 2 years.

-TLDR: Its okay to have a proper "lets explore some stories" expansion rather than always having to fight the next big world threat.
    I quite liked how Vanilla introduced mini-storylines and raids that were their own thing, I certainly don't need an overarching story and bad guy for a whole expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I quite liked how Vanilla introduced mini-storylines and raids that were their own thing, I certainly don't need an overarching story and bad guy for a whole expansion.
    My point exactly.. there shouldnt need to be one massive bad guy, if the other stories just mane up for it.. a patch focusing on the scarlet, one on the orcs, one on scourge, wouldnt be bad..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Tiamat isn't something that D&D invented though, far from it. And you can't copyright "multi-headed dragon".
    Tiamat as a five-head dragon goddess i think it was D&D, the original one was a sumerian/babylon sea goddess and it was either a woman or a dragon, with a normal amount of heads

But you can't copyright dragons with multiple heads, we already have one in wow, unless people forgot Cromatus exist