Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Jimmy Dore & Capo Trap House on the Left... ya this chart has serious issues.
    Well, Dore is "left" on at least some issues. He also just has an extreme hate boner for the Democratic Party.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jimmy Dore & Capo Trap House on the Left... ya this chart has serious issues.
    I like that there is a "news" company called "Before it's news".
    Like, "We make shit up before others twist real events."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, Dore is "left" on at least some issues. He also just has an extreme hate boner for the Democratic Party.
    Nope, he's very right wing. Tucker will vouch for him.

People providing Entryism for any asshole that yells "medicare 4 All".... Warning everyone about Dore, is awkward just like Tulsi.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I like that there is a "news" company called "Before it's news".
    Like, "We make shit up before others twist real events."
    Which does completely align with it's factual rank "Contains Innaccurate/Fabricated info"

I dunno, never heard of them myself, but I imagine it working something like this. Something will happen...and while the other news agencies are actually researching the facts and working their spin on them...they start with the spin and worry about facts later...or never.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Nope, he's very right wing. Tucker will vouch for him.

People providing Entryism for any asshole that yells "medicare 4 All".... Warning everyone about Dore, is awkward just like Tulsi.
    Let me be clear, I'm not defending Dore as being "Left wing"... just that he has some positions, like medicare, minimum wage, student debt... that align with the left. I mean, I'm sure he doesn't go on Tucker Carlson to talk about those things though... because he also pushes shit like anti-vax misinformation and invermectin and like "ukraine Neo-Nazis" and other shit like that that the Cucker Tarlson loves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to bust out the ol' Media Bias Chart here. This one was last updated in Sept 2021...so it's at least fairly recent. Just for a general reference on where sources sit in terms of bias and factual reporting.

NOTE: Don't kill the messenger. I didn't create the chart...so if you have an issue with it's accuracy in it's placement of certain sources... don't blame me.
    Among other issues, its "center" is center-right neoliberal.

It also COMPLETELY ignores that the majority of Fox content is opinion, and only ranks their news division specifically, which is completely unethical given their vertical axis.

Also that "reliability" is not measured in "is this opinion or analysis". Clearly-marked opinion is not "less reliable", by nature, and plenty of factual analysis can be wildly distorted and misleading.

Not to mention, if your methodology falsely produces a bell curve where centrists are the "most reliable" and truth necessarily falls apart as you move to the left or right, you're pushing an inherently and intentionally false narrative, and you're just as much an extremist propagandist as the furthest left and right; you're just upholding the center as a third extreme. Which lines up disturbingly with fascist "third way" rhetoric; https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs...urnalCode=jcha
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-04-05 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

It also COMPLETELY ignores that the majority of Fox content is opinion, and only ranks their news division specifically, which is completely unethical given their vertical axis.
    I mean it does have separate entries for Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Fox and Friends, etc. and even makes a distiction between their Web and TV content.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Note: This isn't a comment making any false equvilencies about media outlets just a personal observation -

If folks neck deep in Fox news could be swayed so easily by just a week of watching anything else, then I think it just says that these people are about as impressionable as five year olds rather than speak for the actual validity of non-Fox Journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dude called the boogaloo boys progressives. Tells you all you need to know about his political position.
    Ok, let me go back to "Don't kill the messenger" on this one. Again, not defending Dore here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Note: This isn't a comment making any false equvilencies about media outlets just a personal observation -

If folks neck deep in Fox news could be swayed so easily by just a week of watching anything else, then I think it just says that these people are about as impressionable as five year olds rather than speak for the actual validity of non-Fox Journalism.
    If you look at the study itself...it's more about what Fox News was NOT saying than what they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, let me go back to "Don't kill the messenger" on this one. Again, not defending Dore here.
    Trying to "nuance Jimmy Dore's position" doesn't look like a wining proposition either. It's a weird habit of very online people to circle the wagons for other very online people.

Lol here's Jimmy calling breadtube a CIA Op.... i'm dead now.

Is there any higher compliment than the accusation that the YouTube videos you produce alone in your pathetic basement are funded by the CIA

"Everything I dont like is a CIA Op" that's some seri0us bait.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at the study itself...it's more about what Fox News was NOT saying than what they were.
    Maybe I'm just surprised by how open minded the participants seemed to have been, considering the environment usually fostered by Right Wing media is one to deny everything that isn't slotted snugly within a narrowly per-concieved worldview.

Or maybe dealing with screeching wingnuts for the last decade has just left me jaded, idk.

Maybe I'm just surprised by how open minded the participants seemed to have been, considering the environment usually fostered by Right Wing media is one to deny everything that isn't slotted snugly within a narrowly per-concieved worldview.
    That right there is the exact point though.

The participants aren't necessarily anymore open-minded than anyone else... they were just entirely ignorant of certain things because their "trusted" News Source never reported on them... preferring to focus more on the entirely more pressing matters like what colour of Suit Obama was wearing. Also I'm absolutely certain that there's a non-zero percentage of people in that study that just dismissed that entire week of CNN/MSNBC as "fake news".

10+ Year Old Account

Which is dishonest. They don't do that for the vast majority of other outlets. The only reason to do so is to falsely elevate "Fox News" to a respectable position on their chart, by trying to pretend the opinion shows on the channel are somehow separate outlets.

"Everything I dont like is a CIA Op" that's some seri0us bait.
    I swear the CIA did a lot more testing of chemicals on Americans than we are aware of. It's the only explanation for the broad belief of vast "CIA conspiracies" everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which is dishonest. They don't do that for the vast majority of other outlets. The only reason to do so is to falsely elevate "Fox News" to a respectable position on their chart, by trying to pretend the opinion shows on the channel are somehow separate outlets.
    He was speaking about the study...not the chart.

Also, they do the same thing for CNN and MSNBC... Rachel Maddow, ReidOut, Cuomo...all get separate entries as well. Because, as an example, there is a vast difference between Tucker Carlson and Chris Wallace.

He was speaking about the study...not the chart.

Also, they do the same thing for CNN and MSNBC... Rachel Maddow, ReidOut, Cuomo...all get separate entries as well. Because, as an example, there is a vast difference between Tucker Carlson and Chris Wallace.
    Except that none of those are "the same thing" by any stretch of the imagination.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/21/10528...ge-documentary

You don't have contributors resigning because of some special Maddow did. You don't have the frequent reports of how uncomfortable many of the actual journalists at Fox (there are a handful!) are given the programming on the channel.

I get what you're getting at - it's the same concept of mixing opinion/infotainment shows with news shows - but the execution and goals of the shows on the different news channels are wildly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that none of those are "the same thing" by any stretch of the imagination.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/21/10528...ge-documentary

You don't have contributors resigning because of some special Maddow did. You don't have the frequent reports of how uncomfortable many of the actual journalists at Fox (there are a handful!) are given the programming on the channel.
    Yeah, I'm not speaking to that...just that having separate entries for individual shows does not itself create a conspiracy to "elevate" Fox News as a whole. The fact that it specifically singles out "bad actors" like Carlson and Hannity suggests the opposite... as does FOX News TV (as a whole) ranking. It's not exactly topping the charts in terms of either factual or non-biased reporting.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-04-05 at 06:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to be a dick but there isnt much difference between russians mindset by propaganda or the average Joe in the US.
    Difference being Joe can if willing to get other information easily.
    Other than that the polarized swamp that they US has become even seen on elected level where propositions are dismissed not due to its content but who(which party) bring it forward.
    It's insane that the probably most important instance of checks and balances in governing as appointing new judges for the Supreme Court turns into a fucking joke.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Not to be a dick but there isnt much difference between russians mindset by propaganda or the average Joe in the US.
    Difference being Joe can if willing to get other information easily.
    But he isn't willing; if he was, this swamp would be a pond. Not specific to America, anyway. Being an informed voter takes an immense amount of work, increasingly so, and most people cannot be bothered.