View Poll Results: Would u like to use 2h weapons as enhancment?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • yeah, we need 2h weapons

6 60.00%
  • don't see a problem in dual wield as we r

0 0%
  • smiting enemies with a mace and shield? Pogchamp

4 40.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks...it was never any good, literally the only use it had was hoping you got lucky and hit the jackpot of WF procs in pvp and the spec revolves around dual wielding now. You'd have to practically revamp the spec just to make 2H work, I'd rather they improve the spec rather than spend a big chunk of time revamping the spec for a niche playstyle

I think too many people are focused on the "it wasn't any good back then", instead of what it could be. Now if somehow (it won't be) it were even in DPS with dual wield, then yes I would love 2H back if not only for aesthetics alone. I think the option would be nice, maybe it would be the pvp go to and DW the PvE go to? Either way, I don't care about WF one shotting fools. I just love the look of a massive 2H weapon, and I love the shaman class. MAKE IT SO!

Just as a counter to people worried about weapon types and stats they can easily add the hidden stats on all weapons so everything that a sharman could use would have agility when they use it.

2h Enhance. Sure.

I would take it even further. With the way stats scale and everything now, I feel like any class should be able to 2h or dual-wield any weapon. Similar to how monks can DW or 2H, and now Frost Dk's, I think it should apply to almost every class. Rogues should remain DW, 2H doesn't make sense. I would like to see 2H DH. I wish Survival Hunters could DW (I also wish Beastmaster was the melee spec, but thats for another thread). I remember Unholy DK being fun to DW back in the day.

Warriors and Paladins are a bit trickier also. Arms and Fury already fill the desire to use 2H or DW weapons for the most part. Retribution Paladins would feel awkward DW after so long being exclusive to 2H. Then again, it might be cool to see a Ret Pally DW swords, filled with light. Again, doesn't mean that DW Ret Pally should be the best option, but if someone wants to play that style, they should at least be able to do queable content (LFD, LFR, solo PVP, etc)

Visually? Hell yes.
    Would be very awesome to have 2hander axes/maces back, they looked much cooler than dual wield for shamans.

In terms of game mechanics?
    The 2handed agility melee weapons already feel awkward, not sure how would they even work for enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    2h Enhance. Sure.

I would take it even further. With the way stats scale and everything now, I feel like any class should be able to 2h or dual-wield any weapon. Similar to how monks can DW or 2H, and now Frost Dk's, I think it should apply to almost every class. Rogues should remain DW, 2H doesn't make sense. I would like to see 2H DH. I wish Survival Hunters could DW (I also wish Beastmaster was the melee spec, but thats for another thread). I remember Unholy DK being fun to DW back in the day.

Warriors and Paladins are a bit trickier also. Arms and Fury already fill the desire to use 2H or DW weapons for the most part. Retribution Paladins would feel awkward DW after so long being exclusive to 2H. Then again, it might be cool to see a Ret Pally DW swords, filled with light. Again, doesn't mean that DW Ret Pally should be the best option, but if someone wants to play that style, they should at least be able to do queable content (LFD, LFR, solo PVP, etc)
    There could easily be 2H Glaives, like the one from Star Trek.
    The issue is that balancing is kinda hard because DW gives you an extra enchant and any effect that benefits from auto-attacking makes it the best option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just allow Shamans to wield spear, its not some high tech that primal shamans can't understand how to use it, just image tribal Troll Shaman that can't wield a SPEAR, damn even Tauren theme that just copypasted native-americans style, hard to image that Tauren Shaman can't wield Spear too.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

omg after all those years still same discussion...

ofcourse I would love 2h back, the problem is enhance is built with dw in mind, it would probably take substantial rework to make it happen, and I'm not sure that's what we want or what the class needs and I don't trust the devs enough to do it right.

I don't need it that badly.

Honestly, Enhance should be able to use all 3 --- and it should be expected, at least in pvp, to swap weapons depending on what you are against --- this was how the class operated during some of the expansions --- it would also be useful for unpruning our weapon imbues

If they reworked Lava Lash to be a spell that did a % of your weapon dmg (varying depending on 2h, or dual-wielding), then you wouldn't really have much of an issue about not being able to use it. Problem is they want to gate windfury and prevent anything like classic. And Laval Lash ensures we need dual-wielding by being an off-hand attack...yet its a wet noodle unless pumped up significantly through 3 talents and a legendary. (lolwut?)

But even still, you can simply design the spec around the following:\
    - Windfury for 2hs
    - Flametongue/Frostbrand for dual-wielding
    - bring back Rockbiter and Shield for when you need to D up.

Anyone remember shield swap macros to fight rogues? WotLK Classic is about to remember.

There is no reason all of these can't exist in the enhance toolkit.

Locking Windfury to 2h provides a tuning knob through Stormbringer to adjust maelstrom generation to ensure it is roughly even than a dual-wielding spec.

To make up for damage lost from stormbringer, you can bring back Unleash Elements as a way to give the flametongue/frostbrand dual-wielding access to fire nova and hailstorm.

So now the spec is:
    - windfury 2h Stormstrike + physical dmg focus

OR

- Lava Lash flametongue/frostbrand + magic dmg focus.

This further lines up with legendary and talent abilities that can be put into the new trees: Ascendance, Doom Winds, Legacy of the Frost Witch all leaning towards the Wind side of the talents, and Lava Actuators, Elemental Spirits, and Wolf Bones all leaning towards the fire/ice side. Put Sundering and earthen spike right in the middle, bring back Rockbiter as a 10% dmg reduction --- and when you get tunneled, swap to rockbiter + shield to survive.
    Last edited by wushootaki; 2022-07-14 at 09:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelothi2 View Post
    It would be cool to have again
    the major issue is that right now there are no agility 2h axes or maces in the game, they could add the stat as an option on them - i dont see why they havent.
    real problem is that in vanilla wf could chain proc of itself, in current version we have internal cd on procs so nah

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    real problem is that in vanilla wf could chain proc of itself, in current version we have internal cd on procs so nah
    This is whole point why it can be made, since nowdays WF can't proc from itself ... so there no actual reason to gate 2h use.... only change needed its to allowing Lava Lash working from 2h, be it 2h Agility AXE or SPEAR or STAVE any would do for tribal shaman lore.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

15+ Year Old Account
    would be for sure nice to have that capability if output would not be to far and burst not to crazy

tbh all atacks are based on attack power instead of weapon dmg so it should be doable ;P

only change needed its to allowing Lava Lash working from 2h
    + posibility to double inbue for 2h and to compensate for less than half the attack speed (leser stacks generation less procs chance for maelstrom weapon, primal primer, primal lava actuators, windfury, doom winds) with some dmg increases leading us to super crazy burst capabilities within ascendance + legacy of frost witch + thorims invocation builds for instance

or they would have to double the stacks/chances and then it could work, maybe ;P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2022-07-29 at 12:30 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Nelothi2 View Post
    It would be cool to have again
    the major issue is that right now there are no agility 2h axes or maces in the game, they could add the stat as an option on them - i dont see why they havent.
    All the more reason not to have 2H. You'd be competing against Warriors, Death Knights, Paladins for weapons. Not to mention if they added 2H Agi Axes, you're adding Survival Hunters into that as well.

I wouldn't want a 2h frost or 2h windwalker or single minded fury situation happening it's stupid to try and balance it they should just allow us to transmog our weapons to whatever we want within the bounds of what weapons our classes can use. The technology is definitely already there cuz of artifact weapons

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I wouldn't want a 2h frost or 2h windwalker or single minded fury situation happening it's stupid to try and balance it they should just allow us to transmog our weapons to whatever we want within the bounds of what weapons our classes can use. The technology is definitely already there cuz of artifact weapons
    works for casters but wouldnt work for melee because of the animations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    All the more reason not to have 2H. You'd be competing against Warriors, Death Knights, Paladins for weapons. Not to mention if they added 2H Agi Axes, you're adding Survival Hunters into that as well.
    so what?shamans already have almost no competition on gear

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    works for casters but wouldnt work for melee because of the animations
    Says who? I don't see that being an issue

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    so what?shamans already have almost no competition on gear
    Rogues compete with them for almost everything.

And it's not only about Shaman's competition with others, it's also about the number of other classes/specs that also compete with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Rogues compete with them for almost everything.

And it's not only about Shaman's competition with others, it's also about the number of other classes/specs that also compete with.
    I mean the armor slots

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Says who? I don't see that being an issue
    Well whether you can overlook it or not, the animations are not made for a 2handed weapon and you can see that clearly when you try to make 2h work.
    I too don't really care, but its certainly something many others would be upset about and something that would have to change before this could work.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been a heavy supporter of 2h enhance "returning" for years and have played as a shaman with a 2hander on casually and in many leveling challenges. Just completed one last month on the Alpha too, and at the time it worked VERY well.
    Since then they made Stormstrike again remove primal strike, and that puts the spec dead in the water again with no real usable rotational spell.

They have answered questions on why they aren't interested in doing this though, and one of the big ones was, it really never was a thing. Even in Classic 2h enhance was an awful DPS spec. Its the equivalent of asking for Paladin tank to revert to Classic.
    They look at it as an unfinished and poorly developed spec, but we remember it fondly for those quirks.

Past that it would need new animations, a lot more weapons would be needed to be added, and they would have to figure out how to balance the fact that you could only have 1 weapon enchant.

Not really worth their effort. All I ask for is that its a playable option for casual content, and the ONLY thing that needs to change is they need to return Primal Strike.
    If you have a spamable rotational spell, the concept works very well.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV