we need an arcane familiar.

i LOVE the talent where the arcane mage can have a buff-like skill that give a familiar to the arcane mage, giving increased mana and attacking.
    i really think it should be a base skill for arcane mage, we have alot of familiars and moving objects attacking people in the game, all of them with arcane magic. just as the mailemental trinket in tazavesh.
    it would be really awesome to have this skill remade to look as a flying tome, everytime u deal a critical damage it procs one arcane missile or something of the likes of that.
    and it would really fit in the arcane fantasy of playing.

There is already a caster pet class.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

As long as we get to customize the familiar.

I wouldn't really like the idea of a flying tome myself, but maybe the generic arcane familiar (purple/pinkish void walker), or even swords or staffs or battle pets or something. Kind of how you can change your ghoul as an Unholy Death Knight, you could change your familiar to be 1 of several different objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    As long as we get to customize the familiar.

I wouldn't really like the idea of a flying tome myself, but maybe the generic arcane familiar (purple/pinkish void walker), or even swords or staffs or battle pets or something. Kind of how you can change your ghoul as an Unholy Death Knight, you could change your familiar to be 1 of several different objects.
    it could be other things, from a proper elemental to an object like. a fucking arcane cat would do. i personally like the idea of a tome, but the model of the "drone-like" off hand in zereth mortis is incredible too.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    There is already a caster pet class.
    Why should this be some sort of limitation for fancy visuals?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I support any development of non-power related class fantasy.

(Where the hell are those hunter quivers!?!)

What if Mage had a permanent stance for each spec? Arcane familiar for Arcane, Passive combustion for Fire and Ice Form for Frost. Actual signature specs than just different filler spells.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    What if Mage had a permanent stance for each spec? Arcane familiar for Arcane, Passive combustion for Fire and Ice Form for Frost. Actual signature specs than just different filler spells.
    it would be really fun playing with an stance for each spec. the arcane familiar is something like a stance already

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    Agreed.

Arcane mages should have their own arcane elemental as familiar. Just like shamans should be able to have a permanent familiar and decide which one between earth, fire, sea/water and wind elemental.
    They should 100% not. The whole point of arcane is the inability to control the raw power of arcane.

Frost mage have their elemental. It's good there.
    Last edited by Sugani; 2022-04-07 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    Frost mage have their elemental. It's good there.
    A frost elemental is one of the iconic markings of frost mages, like e.g. how Jaina always has them around.

Meanwhile the elementals of player Frost Mages are most notably marked BY THEIR COMPLETE ABSENCE for several expansions now.

No thank you. Less pet classes please. Their AI is fucky enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    A frost elemental is one of the iconic markings of frost mages, like e.g. how Jaina always has them around.

Meanwhile the elementals of player Frost Mages are most notably marked BY THEIR COMPLETE ABSENCE for several expansions now.
    Yea, it's a real shame, that talent that allows the player to not use it should be removed from the tree. Frost Mage should be a pet class in my opinion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Good idea. It would be nice if we had a glyph to make it a nice pet or book or star or planet

Arcane Orb needs to be base skill not familiar...

Dana Loesch should be an arcane. her orbs are always her pet goats and her guns. But Flying orbs in games definitely make me wish that they could pull off more manoeuvers.

In all the games I've played I play preferably with mages and I like them.