Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WOTLK Classic logo listed in WoW Manifest folder

Wowhead is reporting that they have seen the Wrath of the Lich King Logo appear in the Manifest folder for classic era files.

It was obvious that it would be coming but this would be our confirmation before the 19th we are having a WOTLK Classic server created. Inc WoW subs

Wowhead - Wrath of the Lich King Logo Added In Classic Era Update

ofc, but is this in any way unexpected?

i assume > 75% expect them saying „Wrath is coming“ on 19th of April. seems nothing supercrazy to me, tbh.

and personally i suspect many ppl don’t really care THAT much. yeah, ofc, it’s WotLK. the best wow xpac for the majority of the players. but tbh, i assume it’s rather hard reality hitting, how many ppls in the end REALLY care. it will quickly get the same sized crowd, like in TBCC. and that’s fine. but nothing super special. at least imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-06 at 12:22 AM.

That's good news.

But they really should stop after WoTLK. Or if they plan to go on, they should completely retool Cataclysm. Have the ability to rewind entire zones pre-Cataclysm available by NPCs, don't butcher the talent trees, don't only add 5 levels (dumb decision), add back in the cut content (like the water raid), etc. But anything except how Cata was. It truly was the beginning of the fall.

Let the players vote on the stuff that is included / changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    When WoW classic was announced I was really excited at the possibility of wotlk classic. But at this point I just don’t really care at all. Not interested anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    When WoW classic was announced I was really excited at the possibility of wotlk classic. But at this point I just don’t really care at all. Not interested anymore
    Just as much as we care for this comment then ;p

3+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knew it was happening. Imagine not re-releasing peak WoW, the most popular WoW iteration ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    That's good news.

But they really should stop after WoTLK. Or if they plan to go on, they should completely retool Cataclysm. Have the ability to rewind entire zones pre-Cataclysm available by NPCs, don't butcher the talent trees, don't only add 5 levels (dumb decision), add back in the cut content (like the water raid), etc. But anything except how Cata was. It truly was the beginning of the fall.

No thanks, give us cata and mop as they mostly were as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been already leveling my new main ready for Wrath along with some alts
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Everyone knew it was happening. Imagine not re-releasing peak WoW, the most popular WoW iteration ever.
    Yet the decline was stated to have started mid WOTLK. Only to be saved by Cata announcement. I doubt it was the peak. WOTLK barely had any grewing subs compared to Vanilla/TBC.

MoP on the other hand is #1 WoW expansion even today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Yet the decline was stated to have started mid WOTLK. Only to be saved by Cata announcement. I doubt it was the peak. WOTLK barely had any grewing subs compared to Vanilla/TBC.

Wrath was banned in China, a major region, until nearly cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

You always make up your own facts when the real life ones doesnt suit you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenasil View Post
    You always make up your own facts when the real life ones doesnt suit you?
    Pretty sure this fact was surfing the internet since forever though? They said the big ICC drought caused it and only because of Cataclysm announcement u saw a boost in subscribers just before quarter call. So it remained at 12M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Well this is surprising. Said noone, ever.

It will burn out as soon as all the classic and tbc, because old stuff is old.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No thanks, give us cata and mop as they mostly were as well.

Oh god I hope not.

Cata and MoP are both where so many problems began. Though I will consent MoP overall was fine. But you need to get past Cata which is not good.

Yeah no surprise here. Two-ish months out from Sunwell probably-ish? Did people actually believe that they wouldn't be releasing WotLK?

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    That's good news.

Tbh I can’t see them going any further than Wrath. Classic - Wrath is what’s really considered as “classic” WoW before they started making the huger changes.

I'm expecting an official announcement to go along with 10.0, WotLK coming somewhere in November 2022 and 10.0 in Q2 2023. It makes sense for WotLK to be the final ''Classic'' expansion as this is where the original game ended and its design started to shift completely since Cata. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do more or at least do some of the more popular modern expansions (MoP still has its fanbase).

I just hope where it was listed has no bearing on anything, because if it's related to wow SoM at all and not directly from TBC, that's going to blow hard chunks.

I would have been totally on board with this a few years ago. The novelty of "classic" has worn out on me. Didn't play any of the remastered titles. Great point in the games history imo. Very nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm expecting an official announcement to go along with 10.0, WotLK coming somewhere in November 2022 and 10.0 in Q2 2023. It makes sense for WotLK to be the final ''Classic'' expansion as this is where the original game ended and its design started to shift completely since Cata. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do more or at least do some of the more popular modern expansions (MoP still has its fanbase).
    I woudln't be surprised if the newer xpacs are just part of the seasonal "remix" rotations and they leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    I would have been totally on board with this a few years ago. The novelty of "classic" has worn out on me. Didn't play any of the remastered titles. Great point in the games history imo. Very nostalgic.

I woudln't be surprised if the newer xpacs are just part of the seasonal "remix" rotations and they leave it at that.
    Nah, I hope they bring out classic cata and mop at least, not going to say no to going further, but really would like a legit way to replay those two like I do illegally.