Poll: Do you want Player Housing in WoW?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    IT is not sad. Why do some people act like having no housing is a major detriment to the game? Wow is different by trying to get people adventuring out the world instead of sitting in an instance in your owe little world. There is zero reason for the game to have housing as it is a great game with out it.
    You are aware that housing would bring more people out into the world? Where do you think would you get your furniture?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You are aware that housing would bring more people out into the world? Where do you think would you get your furniture?
    Auction House. And getting furniture is not an adventure. That is Sims BS that you can play Sims itself if you want that. Wow needs to continue to focus and iterate on things like Torghast, Mage Tower, MOP style Scenarios, and adventure laden content. It has been successful doing that for 17 years, they should keep doing it.

Player housing would make the game even more anti-social than it is now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Auction House. And getting furniture is not an adventure. That is Sims BS that you can play Sims itself if you want that. Wow needs to continue to focus and iterate on things like Torghast, Mage Tower, MOP style Scenarios, and adventure laden content. It has been successful doing that for 17 years, they should keep doing it.

Player housing would make the game even more anti-social than it is now.
    No? Have you heard about other games and people who use player housing to do awesome stuff like ingame bars, discos or other meeting spots?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how they did housing in LOTRO with the exception of losing your house due to upkept...if they gave housing choices like LOTRO it would amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    WoW standing out by not having it is not a feature, it's just sad. Why do some people act like housing is hurting them oO?
    its been explained about dozen times in this thread but ill repeat it - development time and resources could be used for some actual CONTENT

If it's anything like Garrison's in WoD, then no thanks. I thought Garrison's were like the worst thing ever introduced to WoW, made the game feel like a single player not an MMO anymore. Never understood the point or reason for Garrison's?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Why is the argument against housing, always that it's apparently this absolutely massive behemoth of a feature that'd cost them ressources for like 5 expansions and the first born of all employees.
    garrison, which was simplified and fucked up version of housing (id say from what people talk about here it was like 5-10% of what they expect from housing), ended up being pretty much only actual feature of WOD, like the list of things cut from wod is longer than what was actualy there, why do you think if they did proper housing they would manage to do it without cutting any other content?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    We have SO MANY optional sidefeatures that people just ignore if they don't care, from pvpers and pvpers ignoring the ENTIRETY of pvp or pve
    did you... just call the pve and pvp sidefeatures? like... really?
    and yes, we could (and a lot of people would) ignore the housing, but we would get less content due to it, so no thank you, go play sims if you want to decorate your own house and stop trying to change wow into different game

I want more stuff to collect
    If player housing gives me that then so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    its been explained about dozen times in this thread but ill repeat it - development time and resources could be used for some actual CONTENT
    What is or isn't "actual content" depends on the person you ask. Current raids + dungeons aren't "actual content" to me because I'm not going to do them until I can solo them. They don't become "actual content" until 6 years later
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Because common sense says spending half the budget on a massive feature like dollhouses comes at the cost of raids, dungeons, world zones and other content that is generally enjoyed by most of the population.

It is important to let The Sims be The Sims and let WoW be WoW. People can choose the genre they want to play. The Sims doesn't need a first person shooter mode. WoW doesn't need a dollhouse simulator.
    You’re massively exaggerating what we would lose for housing. MMOs aren’t restricted to one style of gameplay.

IT is not sad. Why do some people act like having no housing is a major detriment to the game? Wow is different by trying to get people adventuring out the world instead of sitting in an instance in your owe little world. There is zero reason for the game to have housing as it is a great game with out it.
    Looking forward to later this month and Blizzard announces housing in 10.0 and we find you in every thread talking about how it will be the best housing ever in any game and will bring in zillions of players

Yes, definitely want it. It's something you have forever unlike the gear you have to refarm every tier and "season".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    If it's anything like Garrison's in WoD, then no thanks. I thought Garrison's were like the worst thing ever introduced to WoW, made the game feel like a single player not an MMO anymore. Never understood the point or reason for Garrison's?
    Garrison issue was that it was self sufficient by having everything in it (mail, mines, plants, bank, AH, table missions for gold etc) and we had almost no content in the world and no reason to do dungeons. Housing should be an optional feature that gives you no power and no economic advantage either and has nothing actually useful in. Just a fun feature like xmog.

I want it because I see it as serving the same purpose as transmog. It is way for me to customize and individualize my character. If it weren't for some of the ridiculousness of FF14's housing system, namely the limited houses, I would probably still be playing that game in at least a casual capacity just to do house stuff.

To the people saying it would eat up a ton of dev resources, I think you're overselling it a bit. The game has thousands, probably millions, of assets available to be used for decoration. There's not a ton of art development that would need to be done. Acquisition could be handled through a mirror of the systems that already govern toys/pets/titles. Dev time would only have to be majorly spent on the display aspect.

Most people in SWtOR and FF14 don't just sit around in their houses...
    Last edited by fatgunn; 2022-04-08 at 11:41 PM.

Wrong. It kept me in the Garrison because it was the only content in the game to do. There was nothing outside it in the open world. Tog et what you want will make it even worse. People will stay in their instance because there is nothing eklse to do,.

It is also humorous that the same people who complain the game is too anti-social want to implement something that promotes sitting by yourself in your own instance and being even more anti-social.
    Yeah but after WoD they allready introduced more outdoor content that was in none of the earlier expansions. WQ for example.
    And the whole concept of housing can give us so much we can do outside.
    The stuff in the houses needs to come from somewhere.

And please pray tell what are you doing now in the game in the open world? You go to a city to get the nececceties.
    And then? You either vanish into an instance or do stuff in the open world which with housing would just increase.
    Standing around in the city is not really a activity.

I couldn't care less for player housing in any game that I play, but a lot of people DO want player housing, and I believe it's addition would be beneficial for the overall longevity and health of the game, bringing in a variety of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Because common sense says spending half the budget on a massive feature like dollhouses comes at the cost of raids, dungeons, world zones and other content that is generally enjoyed by most of the population.
    If you believe they're going to rip encounter designers off of designing encounters in favor of working on player housing, you don't really understand game development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    garrison, which was simplified and fucked up version of housing (id say from what people talk about here it was like 5-10% of what they expect from housing), ended up being pretty much only actual feature of WOD, like the list of things cut from wod is longer than what was actualy there, why do you think if they did proper housing they would manage to do it without cutting any other content?

did you... just call the pve and pvp sidefeatures? like... really?
    and yes, we could (and a lot of people would) ignore the housing, but we would get less content due to it, so no thank you, go play sims if you want to decorate your own house and stop trying to change wow into different game
    Well, yes, PvP is a side feature, and it has taken away tons of resources away from my raids.

See how that goes?

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. It kept me in the Garrison because it was the only content in the game to do. There was nothing outside it in the open world. Tog et what you want will make it even worse. People will stay in their instance because there is nothing eklse to do,.

It is also humorous that the same people who complain the game is too anti-social want to implement something that promotes sitting by yourself in your own instance and being even more anti-social.
    That's because Blizzard tied Garrisons to player progression. There was virtually zero customization other than choosing the combination of premade buildings that best served your character's progression. Gardens, ore mines, mission tables that actually offered notable gains... Ignoring the garrison was an active detriment to your character, and doing everything each day in your garrison was time consuming.

Y'all really gotta stop pretending that Garrisons were even remotely comparable to player housing.

I understand the appeal of player housing, just like the appeal of transmog or character customization - it makes the game feel more individualized - one of the reasons Valheim, Minecraft, Skyrim etc… is so huge.

However I personally think player housing would make the world feel much less populated with other people which is the main draw for me to play any MMO.

GW2 does it decently in my opinion and while not super customizable (guild housing is more so) the cities don’t feel deserted. However this is probably in part due to the game design itself

The time for exciting player housing came and passed. Now it will just be another gold/token sink if they do decide to go through the development effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    No, because it would be useless. Since longboi came to life there would be not a single thing that makes housing worthwhile because blizz won't de-value their $600 mount by giving everyone a personal AH.

Also, it would be all wasted resources if they'd waste any time on new assets solely for housing. The valuable art team time is better used elsewhere.

That being said, without personal AH, bank and short (better yet) 0 cooldown hearthstone to your house, is housing in general a waste of development time.
    So a few things.

1) Everyone can already have a personal AH in their garrison.

2) The art team wouldn't be making new assets solely for housing. The way assets are created would have to be changed is all. We already have several buildings in place that can be used. The change would be in smaller assets. So now, instead of a table with drinks and food on it being one asset...the table, the food, and the drinks would each be individual assets that the player can get separately, while the art team combines them to create the same asset they would have anyway. It's just designing in a modular fashion (creating the smallest item first, and scaling bigger...so that you end up with the same result, it's just not all one model).

3) Garrison already has Personal AH, Bank, and an exclusive hearth --- All of this is easily transferrable to housing, as the system is already in place. No different then the time they spend making cosmetic hearthstone toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not something that really appeals to me, but I know many people love it so sure. I'm sure I would mess around with it for an hour or two one day, but it's probably not something I'd come back to much.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love the implementation in ESO so yeah, would definitely give me a lot of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Well, yes, PvP is a side feature, and it has taken away tons of resources away from my raids.
    See how that goes?
    no its not, at least not if you dont want to be COMPLETELY full of shit... its core progresion system of the game along with pve, and i say this as someone who barely ever does pvp... not to mention with how little content pvp gets its barely worth mentioning...

pet battles are sidefeature, if housing will get as much attention as pet battles i couldnt care less, but then it would end up most likely as close to "real" housing as setting HS at inn and pretending its your place...

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Y'all really gotta stop pretending that Garrisons were even remotely comparable to player housing.
    how about you stop pretending they WERENT?
    they were fucked up version of housing, and despite being front and center of expansion and costing us who know how much content (we know shitload was cut) it was not good enough for you housing zaelots, so if they wanted to make "proper" housing it would probably be only feature of expansion...

so no thanks, i want expansion with proper content rather than Sims in azeroth...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    I understand the appeal of player housing, just like the appeal of transmog or character customization
    difference to me is if you play the game you actualy SEE YOUR CHARACTER, transmog, mounts and all that, but housing? couldnt care less, its like if i could change statues in SM, whats the point when 99% time i dont even want to be there?
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-04-09 at 09:52 AM.