Poll: Do you want Player Housing in WoW?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First they have to get wow good.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I'm curious, what feature would people rather have?

Island Expeditions?
    Warfronts?
    Torghast?
    Visions of N'zoth?

Are these the bits of content that people would rather have? Housing is permanent, it will take some resources to implement, but after that you can build on it in EVERY expansion by just adding bits here and there. It's has so much more longevity than any of the systems listed above, and it would not just last one expansion.

You can not care, but how many of you really cared about any of the systems they've introduced lately anyway? The game boils down to raiding, PvP and M+ (which I highly doubt would change due to the inclusion of housing...); How much do you really care about the new systems that they add? Exactly what content would you want in its place? 'Anything' isn't an answer, give me an actual idea.

I would take a system that I wasn't huge on but would add to the game over expansions any day, over a system that I probably won't care about that only lasts for one expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my post a few up (Posted 11:15).

What exactly do you think we'd lose for Housing? Housing would last forever, not just for one expansion. We would be losing something akin to Torghast or Island Expeditions for it.

Fair enough if you don't care, but I honestly think it's asinine to not see the benefits of housing. Frankly, I stand by what I said; It being a 'waste of resources' isn't relevant. We pay a lot for the game, it's Blizzard's job to make the game good. Just because they want to churn out an expansion every 2 years doesn't mean I should consider that when asking for new content, that's on them. I would rather wait 10 years for the dream expansion than have them rushing them out, but I agree that that's naïve to expect.
    If I could sacrifice Visions of N'zoth for player housing, and take Warfronts too, we're done with that, then I would be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    First they have to get wow good.
    The player base is so fractured and salty that the game will never reach an overall "good" statement anymore without investing development to lead the game forward for more people than just the raiders, PvPers and M+ runners.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Garrisons would have been an awesome evergreen feature, but instead they screwed them up and then threw the entire idea out rather than fixing it. Come to think of it, they do that a lot.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

If its gonna be a carbon copy of the garrison, no.
    But if its done the same way as FF14, Lotro, Swtor and any other game with an actual solid player housing system, then yeah I would be down for that.

Especially if it opened up the possibility of stuff like trophies from bosses being on display and such.

Nope, never cared about player housing. But then again I don't think I'm your standard MMO player. I play WoW bececause the Mythic raiding is some of the hardest PvE content you can find and that's literally it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Garrisons would have been an awesome evergreen feature, but instead they screwed them up and then threw the entire idea out rather than fixing it. Come to think of it, they do that a lot.
    The Garrison had a lot of great assets and potential.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    But if its done the same way as FF14, Lotro, Swtor and any other game with an actual solid player housing system, then yeah I would be down for that.

Especially if it opened up the possibility of stuff like trophies from bosses being on display and such.
    100% the same here. It could open up so many fun avenues for decoration & customization, & breathe life into WoW's almost entirely forgotten content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post

My dream player housing would be ArcheAge, but no games seem to dare copy that (Your housing is actually out in the world).

I'd go with a better version of FFXIV, their current setup is shit, but the content is great (items and sizes).
    LOTRO's version is adorably out of date, but it works, but's too linear, with little less freedom than FFXIV in the house.
    Played SWTOR before housing, so not experienced that.
    Wildstar's housing had GREAT potential, alas, the star burnt out too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    My dream player housing would be ArcheAge, but no games seem to dare copy that (Your housing is actually out in the world).
    [...]
    Star Wars Galaxies says Hi! from the grave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Nope, never cared about player housing. But then again I don't think I'm your standard MMO player. I play WoW bececause the Mythic raiding is some of the hardest PvE content you can find and that's literally it.
    And this is a good example of someone having found his/her home within the raiding category, enjoying themselves with the content they seek out from WoW, but player housing is more or less something needed in the 'world' category of World of Warcraft, for others to enjoy, like you, and the other groups are the minority to the content but flagged as the 'big boys'.

I really dont care, so i voted for no. The time and work could be put in other Projects. Dont see any reason to do housing in wow/mmorpg overall. You either have small home that fits your class/in the world, or you have a way to big and to fancy home that doesnt fit into the world.

So i dont need housing. And that is said by an big animal crossing fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    Star Wars Galaxies says Hi! from the grave
    Yes, from the grave is the correct statement, but it to me, didn't beat the system and setup of ArcheAge's housing.

I'd go with a better version of FFXIV, their current setup is shit, but the content is great (items and sizes).
    LOTRO's version is adorably out of date, but it works, but's too linear, with little less freedom than FFXIV in the house.
    Played SWTOR before housing, so not experienced that.
    Wildstar's housing had GREAT potential, alas, the star burnt out too fast.
    FF14s concept of districts is great. Limiting them is weird.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

....I'm just gonna say housing will expand the cash shop bigger than ya'll thought possible

and ya'll will bitch for months on end on how greedy blizzard is making you pay $4.99 for a sofa in your house or that the nice houses are in the cash shop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    FF14s concept of districts is great. Limiting them is weird.
    Indeed. That is the main bad of them, of course, there are other smaller problems, but the limitations are the main issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....I'm just gonna say housing will expand the cash shop bigger than ya'll thought possible

and ya'll will bitch for months on end on how greedy blizzard is making you pay $4.99 for a sofa in your house or that the nice houses are in the cash shop
    Raiding/PvP/Mythic+ already expanded the cash shop, so, nothing new. There is a chance they would copy FFXIV's shop on that, as they are notorious on that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it brings in all the revenue and new/returning players that all the forum posters claim it'll bring for all these years now, then sure.

I'm not going to ever use it myself though.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Raiding/PvP/Mythic+ already expanded the cash shop, so, nothing new. There is a chance they would copy FFXIV's shop on that, as they are notorious on that part.
    I mean..theres nothing in the cash shop you NEED for raiding PVP or Mythic+
    you don't get gear from it at most you get a level boost the only things in game that is expanded by the cash shop is mount collecting and pet battles.

Player Housing I can see them making it EXCLUSIVELY in the cash shop or all the good shit is there and occasinally something you get for "winning 10 pet battles"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    If it brings in all the revenue and new/returning players that all the forum posters claim it'll bring for all these years now, then sure.

I'm not going to ever use it myself though.
    Well, of course, housing done the right way won't cost you extra.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean..theres nothing in the cash shop you NEED for raiding PVP or Mythic+
    you don't get gear from it at most you get a level boost the only things in game that is expanded by the cash shop is mount collecting and pet battles.

Player Housing I can see them making it EXCLUSIVELY in the cash shop or all the good shit is there and occasinally something you get for "winning 10 pet battles"
    The token is there, and I can almost say with certainty that the majority of its sales are raiding/pvp/m+. It feels like nothing in the store can beat the token anymore in the sale, maybe server transfers.

And if they added housing, they would be stupid to make it exclusive for the store, unless it is some dumb design like some of the mounts.

There seems to be an issue here that blizz lacks resources to expand their product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    There seems to be an issue here that blizz lacks resources to expand their product.
    Doubt there is a resource problem, manpower may be, but with potentially two teams, I am not sure about that either.