Poll: What lego system do you want for Dragonflight

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question What legendary system iteration do you want in Dragonflight?

Vanilla -- Random questlines +/professions and raiding/dungeon grinding to craft
    BC -- Boss drops
    WOTLK & Cataclysm - Raid quest lines for some classes
    MoP & WoD -- Raid and reputation time gated quest lines
    Legion -- Random drops
    BFA -- Day 1 legendary. Timegated upgrades from boss drops and third party systems
    SL -- Buy then craft and upgradable overtime. Recipes come from diverse content

I want to return to the WOTLK/Cata legendaries.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Legion as I didn't really mind the RNG drops personally (even though it took 9 legendaries before my BiS dropped), but I think more people would be okay with the system they added in 7.3.5 where you could buy them from a vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, I would prefer 7.3.5 Legion over 9.2 SL, but I also wouldn't mind another leggo story grind either.

Legendary Trinket? Maybe the trinket adds wings or an aura to your character in combat? If its structured like MoP or WoD that's fine, but it needs catchup for alts from day one.

I voted for SL but there are some caveats to it. They need to rethink the way crafting works and how the legendary ranks works. Maybe do not have crafting ranks at all and the way you upgrade the iLvL is with an aditional reagent that can be done when crafting or applied afterwards. And if there is a free flow aproach to have many possible slots for many possible legendaries do not make them extremely taxing to craft - which in turn would be taxing to buy.

The other option would be a questline, but it better be a good questline - not the usual you have to gather X fragments from raid/whatever and it will take you 2 months to get it.

Hands on, MoP. it was an epic experience, not to forge it, not some random world drop, but instead you got it while completing a long quest line and doing raid stuff. Yes, it was available for everyone, don't care; it was cool to have. Especially in MoP, when the world boss was only available for people with the Cloak. Didn't do the WoD-Stuff, because... well it was WoD.

I personally don't think that the system was bad, yes, in the end everyone had it (the same as in Legion and SL honestly), but i think that most people were satisfied to have it finished.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2022-04-07 at 10:42 AM.

I want WotLK/Cata, but given the outrage about PI difference on the logs or not having a 4 tier bonus after two weeks and thus not parsing high enough I can't see a return to the old system happening.

Today's content is tuned much higher than in Cata, so most players have to take every advantage they get and suboptimal classes will be ignored in the group finder. Thus everything has to be more or less balanced, meaning there is no room for a legendary that improves your DPS by a large margin.

So my vote goes to SL. Apart from Torghast being boring to play solo and the impossibility of catching up on the profession side it is the best system, giving the player agency and supporting the ingame economy.

Vanilla-style but much higher quantity.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Vanilla/BC/Legion.

Getting a rare & unexpected drop is a lot more satisfying than the SL model of "yeah you just do a bit of Torghast & WQing & bang, there you go." I was held hostage trying to get Kakushan's in Legion, but finally getting them felt great. It took 160+ kills of Ragnaros to get Eye of Sulfuras, but getting it felt great.

Least favoured option would be MoP/WoD. "Yeah just do this boring ass quest for a year & you'll get the same thing as everyone else at the end of it" - Oh how exciting Shadowlands also felt like a very deliberate ploy to shift WoW tokens.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2022-04-07 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Vanilla -- Random questlines +/professions and raiding/dungeon grinding to craft
    BC -- Boss drops
    WOTLK & Cataclysm - Raid quest lines for some classes
    MoP & WoD -- Raid and reputation time gated quest lines
    Legion -- Random drops
    BFA -- Day 1 legendary. Timegated upgrades from boss drops and third party systems
    SL -- Buy then craft and upgradable overtime. Recipes come from diverse content

I want to return to the WOTLK/Cata legendaries.
    It is easier to make a poll with types of legendary methods of obtaining than by expansion.

I believe, all legendaries should be obtainable through world content and maximum groups of 5 people as the progress of questlines. No crafting, no random drops, and no purchases, just massive story questlines that demands multiple stages without demanding a raid group but are not able to be 100% solo'd either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Well, in general - want none, but if I'd to choose, then rather TBC and it's not so much about their system itself, but about approach to designing them, equipping them with some characteristics and other bells and whistles (bonus of cosmetic design, and ultra-specific rare "stat" that won't affect actual balance outside of specific PvE content).

If I'd make reference to implementation mechanism/story, then more like MoP, but without possibility of their "ordinary combat use".
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-04-11 at 05:50 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

If they fix the price of materials i feel Shadowlands had the best Legendary system in the game,i just wish they could make it to be more impressive, not number wise but they way it affect your rotation etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is easier to make a poll with types of legendary methods of obtaining than by expansion.

I believe, all legendaries should be obtainable through world content and maximum groups of 5 people as the progress of questlines. No crafting, no random drops, and no purchases, just massive story questlines that demands multiple stages without demanding a raid group but are not able to be 100% solo'd either.
    I think factoring in crafting expands the scope of the system, if it is done the way it was in Vanilla.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I think factoring in crafting expands the scope of the system, if it is done the way it was in Vanilla.
    I don't mind, if it is materials outside of raid demands, but not sold on the auction or a vendor either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I for one would like to be given a legendary necklace. now hear me out. this necklace would give you a MASSIVE damage absorb shield. as a tradeoff, it would only regenerate if you were out of combat for 30 seconds. there would be other legendaries to choose from I guess. but you'd have to loot this necklace first before you were eligible for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't mind, if it is materials outside of raid demands, but not sold on the auction or a vendor either.
    I like the idea of stuff like "You need a blacksmith for this" and if you aren't a blacksmith you need another player to come physically help with that step.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I like the idea of stuff like "You need a blacksmith for this" and if you aren't a blacksmith you need another player to come physically help with that step.
    A difficult one but my main restriction wishes would be 'No random drops from raids', 'No vendor purchase', and 'No player sale on items.

BFA legendary system was the best. Everyone got it, then you could do specific challenges to upgrade it. If iterated again, I'd like the 'challenges' to be patch-specific, with dungeon and raid achievements in mind.

Yeah, I don't care about pvp players.

7+ Year Old Account
    From questline would be ok. But smth like class specific legion wise. Upgrades furher with campain time gated. + catch up system for alts. Or just get rid of legendaries at all. I dont need em tbh. Would be better to give us class specific questlien for some awesome transmog weapon with visual effect. I do like idea of actual 2nd legendary as reward after quesline campain.

Ok, honestly, i want a new method that doesn't break the bank and allows me to get them in an easy way.

Heck, the way they make the girdle of unity works for me. Could do an hour and a half questing on an alt and have the leggy for them to function.

These legendaries could also just be an effect like an enchant you apply to an item.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-04-07 at 12:29 PM.

Honestly I like the Legion method. But just make them targetable in some fashion. Kind of like they did towards the end. The pure RNG method with the lowering gain curve towards the start was.. just total trash.

The shadowlands method isn't bad either. Honestly probably would be the best IF it didn't have this need to craft and recraft the legendaries constantly when a new tier comes out because this one is domination shards.. before that wasn't a problem so you wanted it on pants.. but this legendary can only be made on 2 domination shard pieces. Then you make it and in the next tier you find yourself having your legendary only makeable on a tier piece. So it was a hot mess because it lacked planning going forward from the start. But the concept was really good to be honest. Probably the only thing I kinda laugh at is the memory of some lego's being on rotating world bosses that cucked some people for a month because of it.