Poll: ??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Legendary! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    6,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Both races won't get featured again save some cameos. Unless they get villain batted
    Lightforged are just shiny draenei and Void Elves are void of lore

    Dwarves are the only true master race of the Alliance
    ^I see no lies here.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    ^I see no lies here.
    This is an elf world

    Before it was an orc world

    And before it was a human world.

    And before it was a Man’s world

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    This is an elf world

    Before it was an orc world

    And before it was a human world.

    And before it was a Man’s world
    It is a troll world

    Before it was an elf world

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    It is a troll world

    Before it was an elf world
    The trolls failed to make it a troll world. But maybe 6 time lucky.

    Elves are because troll failure. I mean there wouldn’t have been a need to evolve if it was a success. The best they could do was share an expansion spotlight with humans so ultimately failure after attempts to rule with ZG, then ZA, then ZD and ZG again. Followed by Isle of Thunder and then finally Zandalar - they thought it was a troll world, but that was when they were the only ones

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Originally you would say high elves were the light elves.

    But by giving blood elves golden eyes you also create a light elf group amongst them.

    However high elf paladins and priests should also be able to have golden eyes too.

    They should make it a thing of the pure high elves only imo. Blood elves should have red eyes
    the only high elf paladin was mehlar there was no other high elf paladin. I think the alliance could have voidladin with void effects instead of light

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    It is a troll world

    Before it was an elf world
    Old gods!!

  6. #46
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    38,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Old gods!!
    The Old Gods were alien invaders who subjugated Azeroth's first true people: the Elementals.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the only high elf paladin was mehlar there was no other high elf paladin. I think the alliance could have voidladin with void effects instead of light
    You are either being stupid or very naive if you think Mehlar is or will be the only high e lf paladin around.

    Voidladin - i'm glad you cahgned the name, because off course it won't be a paladin, doesn't mean it can't use the class though and invert the source from light to void.. But void elves aren't high elves and more than blood elves are. Which means you can consider them all high elves racially, but not politically.

    I would say politically there are only high elves and blood elves, of which void elves would have been part of the high elf group..Except the ren'dorei are nw their won faction so they are a political people as well. High elves and blood elves both join them.

    For all we know, as much as 75% of blood elves could have joined the ren'dorei by now. The r en'dorei now offer the freedomto magic the blood elves once offered, without having to swallow the company of trolls , and to a lesser extent orcs , undead and tauren, which I think is a huge appeal to the stuffy arrogant blood elves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Old Gods were alien invaders who subjugated Azeroth's first true people: the Elementals.
    Elementals aren't people Aucald, they're spirits.

  8. #48
    Legendary! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    6,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You are either being stupid or very naive if you think Mehlar is or will be the only high e lf paladin around.

    Voidladin - i'm glad you cahgned the name, because off course it won't be a paladin, doesn't mean it can't use the class though and invert the source from light to void.. But void elves aren't high elves and more than blood elves are. Which means you can consider them all high elves racially, but not politically.

    I would say politically there are only high elves and blood elves, of which void elves would have been part of the high elf group..Except the ren'dorei are nw their won faction so they are a political people as well. High elves and blood elves both join them.

    For all we know, as much as 75% of blood elves could have joined the ren'dorei by now. The r en'dorei now offer the freedomto magic the blood elves once offered, without having to swallow the company of trolls , and to a lesser extent orcs , undead and tauren, which I think is a huge appeal to the stuffy arrogant blood elves.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Elementals aren't people Aucald, they're spirits.
    They exist, they think, they consume to grow stronger....they sound like people to me.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You are either being stupid or very naive if you think Mehlar is or will be the only high e lf paladin around.

    Voidladin - i'm glad you cahgned the name, because off course it won't be a paladin, doesn't mean it can't use the class though and invert the source from light to void.. But void elves aren't high elves and more than blood elves are. Which means you can consider them all high elves racially, but not politically.

    I would say politically there are only high elves and blood elves, of which void elves would have been part of the high elf group..Except the ren'dorei are nw their won faction so they are a political people as well. High elves and blood elves both join them.

    For all we know, as much as 75% of blood elves could have joined the ren'dorei by now. The r en'dorei now offer the freedomto magic the blood elves once offered, without having to swallow the company of trolls , and to a lesser extent orcs , undead and tauren, which I think is a huge appeal to the stuffy arrogant blood elves.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Elementals aren't people Aucald, they're spirits.
    According to the developers the high elves are a race and are playable as customization void elf and blood elf. therefore any void elf or blood elf that uses that customization is a high elf. if it were as you say we would see many silvermoon schollar and we see very few. what we do see in 9.2.5 is that the blood elves have a powerful army

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    They exist, they think, they consume to grow stronger....they sound like people to me.
    Animals are people also then. For they do those things too. Why stop there. Plants do the same thing. In fact so do certain systems and processes, even some of our creations - i guess we can call them people too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    According to the developers the high elves are a race and are playable as customization void elf and blood elf. therefore any void elf or blood elf that uses that customization is a high elf. if it were as you say we would see many silvermoon schollar and we see very few. what we do see in 9.2.5 is that the blood elves have a powerful army
    The developers are correct.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You are underestimating them.

    The Army of the Light is, well, an "Army", and we see that they have been engaged in conflicts with the Legion throughout the Universe, because Lothraxion brought the Aurobos (dimensional spaceship comparable to Xenedar and Vindicaar) to some unknown location in the Cosmos to fight the Legion.

    While they were depicted as a desperate group of survivors in Legion, and this portrayal was met with a lot of negative, storywise they are a massive army of all species that oppose the Legion and they were able to fight the Legion and halt their Burning Crusade for aeons, and on multiple fronts. As I was saying earlier, it's likely we haven't even seen the bulk of the Army. The Aurobos is certainly nowhere to be seen.

    The Ren'dorei are now in a leading position of all factions of Thalassian Elves who back the Alliance instead of the Horde, and would see Quel'Thalas restored to the Alliance. Blizzard went to great length to show us that the Ren'dorei have also accepted Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei in their ranks, and it seems like Vereesa just follows Alleria around wherever she goes. So the Silver Covenant would follow Alleria wherever she goes.

    And since Turalyon is now High King and Lord Commander of All Alliance forces, it is likely that many other armies will aid him. Emboldened by the successful reclamation of Stromgarde, many in the Alliance, House of Nobles included, will likely seek to reclaim other former holdings of the Alliance.

    I would absolutely not underestimate these two groups, the Lightforged Army and the Ren'dorei. They are now in a prime and leading position and they can absolutely accomplish their goal.

    The bottom line here is that they are not in a worse position than the Darkspears (insignificant minor tribe) should have been when they literally besieged Orgrimmar from the front and were taking heavy losses, and still didn't retreat.
    RE: the Aurobos, that's fair (and also new info to me, as I don't recall hearing about it before), but we have no evidence that part of the Army of the Light joined the Alliance. While I acknowledge that the Army of the Light is powerful, their feats have also been accomplished by night elves + Ancients, Horde and Alliance and Night Elves, Order Halls, and even the Kro'kul have waged war against the legion for thousands of years (even more so considering that Argus is in some time dilated part of the cosmos). This isn't to say that the Army of the Light isn't impressive, but that other groups have shown to be equally impressive.

    I haven't seen anything in lore saying that ren'dorei now outnumber quel'dorei among the Alliance. I don't even know that they outnumber the Silver Covenant. Is this explicitly stated somewhere that I've missed?

    As for Turalyon's title of Lord Commander of the Alliance, that was a title bestowed upon him by the High King and has no more authority than the High King himself, who we've already seen both Tyrande and Genn disobey without consequence during war regarding military deployments. I think he'll be able to rally most of the Alliance forces, but I could still see an opportunity for there to be opposition, particularly with those Alliance leaders who have good standing with Lor'themar (namely the Kal'dorei through Shandris and Kul Tiran through Jaina, as I mentioned previously, with possible support from the Draenei and Worgen).

  12. #52
    Legendary! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    6,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Animals are people also then. For they do those things too. Why stop there. Plants do the same thing. In fact so do certain systems and processes, even some of our creations - i guess we can call them people too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The developers are correct.
    Elementals can communicate with us so...yeah they are people and they have a hiearchy as well.

  13. #53
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    38,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Elementals aren't people Aucald, they're spirits.
    Elementals are sentient, sapient, have will-to-self, and create complex social hierarchies and their own civilizations. They're as much people as the Ethereals are, in my view - they may lack physicality to some degree, but they meet every other qualification I can think of.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Elementals are sentient, sapient, have will-to-self, and create complex social hierarchies and their own civilizations. They're as much people as the Ethereals are, in my view - they may lack physicality to some degree, but they meet every other qualification I can think of.
    So do spirits. We don’t call them people because they don’t have that corporeal physicality people do.

    We also don’t call dragons people.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    4,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    So do spirits. We don’t call them people because they don’t have that corporeal physicality people do.

    We also don’t call dragons people.
    That's pretty racist dude
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  16. #56
    Legendary! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    6,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    So do spirits. We don’t call them people because they don’t have that corporeal physicality people do.

    We also don’t call dragons people.
    But they are a people...

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Old Gods were alien invaders who subjugated Azeroth's first true people: the Elementals.
    Everyone knows the only life that can be considered true people/inhabitants is ones made by the Titans. Everything else is an aberration that must be purged by the Forces of Order.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

  18. #58
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    38,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    So do spirits. We don’t call them people because they don’t have that corporeal physicality people do.

    We also don’t call dragons people.
    I think you're conflating the term "people" with "humanoid," to be honest. I would call dragons people, and elementals as well.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •