Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What Pantheon are you looking forward to?

We've met the Titans(the Pantheon of Order) and the Eternal Ones(the Pantheon of Death).

Which of the remaining four Pantheons to come out is the one you are most looking forward to or want to see first?

1. Pantheon of Void(maybe the Void Lords, creators of the Old Gods)

2. Pantheon of Light(Counterparts of the Void Lords? maybe masters of Naaru)

3. Pantheon of Life(Elune and her companions)

4. Pantheon of Disorder(Former rulers of the Twisting Nether before Sargeras came?)

To be honest? None of them. The lore becomes so tangled up everytime they add new cosmic lore that I can't seem to get into the story... I'd far prefer threats within Azeroth that could potentially destroy the living on the planet above a threat that could potentially destroy all life in the universe. Story would be more grounded and easier to enjoy, at least for me.

However, there are ways to introduce some of the lore without going straight to the biggest bad guy. We've had really cool story build ups over the past decades like we've had with the old gods and the Legion (linked with helm of domination). However the culmination of these stories were not all good in my opinion. But hey, what counts is the journey as they say!

None. This stuff is good for consistency in world building - demystifying it with the main narrative is never a good choice and actually reduces the scope of the fictional universe.

Like others have said--none. I wish they just left it all with the original Titans, and kept them more of a mystery in the first place.

None, as Tolkien said, "some things should remain mysterious in any mythology, even to it's inventor" and all this cosmic nonsense hasn't added anything substantial to the story and is making established lore worse.

None, Cosmic stuff is just... not for me, and the execution has not been good. They should have built it up gradually rather than rushing it in SL.
    Twas brillig

Absolutely none

7+ Year Old Account
    Rather not meet any of them, but since the can of worms has been torn open and its just a matter of time before we see them all, i'm most interested in the Life Pantheon and what they end up doing with Elune and An'she.

Formerly known as Arafal

Just give it up, guys. Now that we've got the First Ones, it's a foregone conclusion that all the Pantheons and Cosmic stuffs are going to step into Our World of Warcraft.

I don't really care honestly, but I'm not against it either.

Blizzard needed to centralize a lot of the lore since especially on the cosmic level it was becoming a bit of a mess. By doing a soft reset with the First Ones, they can leave the First Ones as a mystery now and use the rest for expansions.

Non of them. Tired of all the cosmic bullshit. I want wow to go back to a more normal adventure. Fighting things for the fun of it, not because you need to save the world from the brink of apocalypse the 769th time

As a shadow priest I am always interested in void stuffs. I would even side with them if i could

None. This cosmic shit is ruining Warcraft.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between learning more about them and getting a direct glimpse (Legion) and learning about them while simultaneously getting that same info contradicted and distorted by the reality of our interactions (SLs).

It's fine for us to find out more. I think many people would want to, because it's important to their character, race, class, etc. But they need to do it with some element of distance and grace, because SLs just resulted in making the afterlife look embarrassingly messy, unrelatedable, and uninteresting. It also made a joke of godly figures we do have ties to, because reasons(Elune and her 'Oh....I didn't know I sent my people to hell.....idk...renewal').

Their recent book on folklore was a good version of this. It adds to world building and let's players focus on what they want to believe to be true. I think most people answering no just have no faith the writers won't repeat their mistakes and they're not wrong to have doubts.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Pantheon of the First Ones realm, The Originals.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

None. Its boring and predictable.

I'll even go a step further and say the Titan pantheon was never very interesting and now making 6 of them is just an utter bore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, none.

Maybe, the fel one, just to see what the fuck they were supposed doing while the legion and sargeras went wild
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-10 at 04:07 PM.

I don’t think there are pantheons of void, light, order, and disorder. I think there’s a pantheon of life, and a pantheon of death. I think void, light, order and disorder are just the “in-between” of life and death, with the first ones constructing the cycles of life and death within the realms of void, light, order and disorder.

I think the creatures borne from these 4 realms are just natural occurrences, things that existed before even the first ones.

Each plane having a pantheon is so freaking lame man, the titans should have been THE pantheon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pantheon of Light and Order, of course! We merely met Titan spirits but I have a feeling that Zereth Ordos has been destroyed so I want to meet First Ones and rebuild this whole realm.