Season of Mastery Patch 1.14.3 Development Notes - April 8, 2022

Season of Mastery Patch 1.14.3 Development Notes - April 8, 2022
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve just updated the Season of Mastery PTR again to a new build 43154 and the realms are available now for testing.

Economy Adjustments
    • We’ve made adjustments to certain professions and the availability of many crafting materials:
      • Removed the level 60 requirement for alchemists to proc additional items from successful crafts. Level 300 Alchemy is still required to see procs, however.
      • Removed the level 60 requirement for Herbalists to receive black lotus from high-level herb spawns.
      • Successful crafts of Arcanite Bars, Mooncloth, and Cured Rugged hide will now proc additional bars, cloth, or hides, respectively.
      • Made significant adjustments to the respawn times of almost all herbalism nodes. In many cases the minimum and maximum respawn times have been reduced by half, or more. This is in addition to the respawn timer changes made in earlier content phases of Season of Mastery.
      • Thanks to improvements in fishing line technology across Azeroth, it is now possible to receive multiple Firefin Snapper, Oily Blackmouth, and Stonescale Eel fish from a single successful fishing attempt.
      • Increased the amount of Elemental Water, Earth, and Fire from relevant herbalism and mining nodes.
      • Added a chance for more than one Demonic Rune to drop at once from creatures that would normally drop Demonic Runes such as Satyrs.

Ahn’Qiraj
    • Greatly increased the availability of Scarabs, Idols, and Coffer Keys in both the Ruins and Temple of Ahn’Qiraj.

Zul’Gurub
    • Greatly increased the availability of Bijous and Coins from all sources in Zul’Gurub.
    • Hakkar will also now drop a cache of Bijous when killed.

People still play Season of Mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    People still play Season of Mastery?
    My guild on Shadowstrike just died tonight, gonna be a handful of guilds left by the time naxx 40 is out

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmazard View Post
    My guild on Shadowstrike just died tonight, gonna be a handful of guilds left by the time naxx 40 is out
    Because your guild represents Season of Mastery lol?

Yes, there are plenty of players still playing SoM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Translation: "Basically nobody plays Season of Mastery, so we had to give free items to those few who still do to keep the economy from collapsing."

In the meantime the season 3 on Ascension.gg is pure fun. And it shows what Blizzard could have done, if they just wanted to. But obviously they no longer want to.

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    Translation: "Basically nobody plays Season of Mastery, so we had to give free items to those few who still do to keep the economy from collapsing."

In the meantime the season 3 on Ascension.gg is pure fun. And it shows what Blizzard could have done, if they just wanted to. But obviously they no longer want to.
    blizz damned their own project before it started because they expected that nobody is going to play their "old shitty games made by fat sweaty whitebois" while they have their new games which are like 200 times better (in their heads).

if they gave classic + SoM a fair chance it would be awesome.
    funny how pservers are still better than actual classic and ive spend money on both, so no one should be like "lolz people play on pirate servers coz their poor".

No, nearly every european playing on pservers play it because its legit better.
    Gave retail/blizz classic another chance because i have unlimited gametime and its still bad.
    Game is literaly free for me and i would not even play it if people would pay me for it.

and dont get me started on the actual retail community where 99% of them has less skills with kids playing cod2 back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    funny how pservers are still better than actual classic

No, nearly every european playing on pservers play it because its legit better.
    Yeah, pservers were sooooo much better, with their servers that lag and crash multiple times per day, admins selling unbans and rank14 characters for real money, half the server being chinese farmbots, gold spam out the ass all day every day, server population taking a nosedive every time a new FRESH gets announced, 200 ping because the server is in europe, broken/missing scripting all over the place, incorrect health/damage/armor values on raid bosses, hundreds of bugged quests, bugged loot tables on mobs, incorrect class mechanics (sit critting to proc reckoning, etc), stupid shit like having 1.2 itemization with 1.12 talents to make it "harder" but in reality it does nothing, etc.

so much better

lmao
    Last edited by anon5123; 2022-04-09 at 03:35 PM.

That's fantastic buffs for all 500 players still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, pservers were sooooo much better, with their servers that lag and crash multiple times per day
    There are bad pservers and there are good pservers. Ascension is one of the good ones, especially since the team is very creative with it's content. They didn't just release the classic content, no, they added tons of stuff on top, like completely new raid mechanics, so it feels very fresh to play on that server. On top of that regular events, challenge modes for solo play, classic dungeons in mythic+ mode, new skills and reworked talents and so much more... They made so much content in the last year alone, it would take Blizzard a decade to come up with the same.

Every time I play on that server it becomes painfully obvious how lazy and uninspired Blizzard has become with WoW. And that's the saddest thing about all that Blizzard has done: they no longer seem to like their own games.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Because your guild represents Season of Mastery lol?

Yes, there are plenty of players still playing SoM.
    Of all the SoM servers only 2 are worth playing on, i assume your on Jom if you think plenty are still playing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, pservers were sooooo much better, with their servers that lag and crash multiple times per day, admins selling unbans and rank14 characters for real money, half the server being chinese farmbots, gold spam out the ass all day every day, server population taking a nosedive every time a new FRESH gets announced, 200 ping because the server is in europe, broken/missing scripting all over the place, incorrect health/damage/armor values on raid bosses, hundreds of bugged quests, bugged loot tables on mobs, incorrect class mechanics (sit critting to proc reckoning, etc), stupid shit like having 1.2 itemization with 1.12 talents to make it "harder" but in reality it does nothing, etc.

so much better

lmao
    Looooooool