Budget PC comparison.

Hey folks.
    I'm currently looking replace my broken PC, and I found these two budget specs online.

Spec - 1

GPU - GTX 1660 Super OC 6GB
    MOBO - ASUS EX-B150M-V
    CPU - Skylake Intel Core i7-6700 Processor Quad Core, 8 of Threads, 4 x 3.4GHz
    RAM - 16GB

Spec - 2

GPU - RTX 3050 8GB
    MOBO - ASROCK B460M HDV
    CPU - Intel Core i5-10400F Six Core Processor, 12 of Threads, 6 x 2.9GHz
    RAM - 16GB

The rigs are newly built and I was thinking myself to buy "Spec - 1", but the benchmarks favors "Spec - 2" as well as CPU with more processing power, and GPU being better. Price for both are almost identical. Any insights folks how to determine what to pick?

Thank you in advance for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    for starters i would be asking what storage devices do they have, is there any further info on the overall specs of the machines as in what type of RAM are they using for each system, with i7 6700 processor the highest speed DDR4 you can use with it is 2133mhz, honestly if they are demanding the same price are option 2, they are robbing you blind because that system, the parts inside it while capable of doing the job of a low budget gaming pc, it's very much aging hardware with little to no upgrade pathway.

choice between them i'm picking option 2 every day, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    for starters i would be asking what storage devices do they have, is there any further info on the overall specs of the machines as in what type of RAM are they using for each system, with i7 6700 processor the highest speed DDR4 you can use with it is 2133mhz, honestly if they are demanding the same price are option 2, they are robbing you blind because that system, the parts inside it while capable of doing the job of a low budget gaming pc, it's very much aging hardware with little to no upgrade pathway.

choice between them i'm picking option 2 every day, no question.
    Thank you, I appreciate your time. That's actually good point, since the first one is limited on storage. And since I love my games in plenty 480GB doesn't look that good at all. I cut the text earlier since it often creates unnecessary smoke screen. But it seems that I missed some key information.

Spec - 1

Motherboard: ASUS EX-B150M-V (max memory 32GB)
    CPU: Skylake Intel Core i7-6700 Processor Quad Core, 8 of Threads, 4 x 3.4GHz Base, 4 x 4.0GHz Turbo
    CPU Cooler: Silverstone SST-KR02 Kryton CPU Cooler
    Memory: 16GB DDR4 Crucial 2666MHz
    Storage: SSD – 480GB SanDisk SSD PLUS
    Graphics: ASUS Phoenix GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC Edition 6GB GDDR6, GeForce Experience, GPU Tweak II, Auto-Extreme Technology, Nvidia Shadowplay, Nvidia Ansel, Nvidia Studio, Broadcast like a PRO, Nvidia G-SYNC & HDR, VR Ready, DirectX 12

Spec - 2

Motherboard: ASROCK B460M HDV (max memory 64GB)
    CPU: Comet Lake Intel Core i5-10400F Six Core Processor, 12 of Threads, 6 x 2.9GHz Base, 6 x 4.3GHz Turbo
    CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 X CPU Cooler
    Memory: 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 3200MHz
    Storage: SSD – 256GB SAMSUNG PM991 NVMe M.2 for OS + HDD – 2TB Seagate 7200rpm for DATA
    Graphics: PALIT GeForce RTX 3050 StormX 8GB GDDR6, Real-Time Ray Tracing, NVIDIA Ampere Architecture, RGB Lighting, NVIDIA Highlights, NVIDIA CUDA Technology, NVIDIA PhysX-ready, NVIDIA Multi-Projection, NVIDIA Vulkan RT API, NVIDIA GPU Boost, NVIDIA GameStream Technology, VR ready, Microsoft DirectX 12 Ultimate

So there is the information, it also seems that i5 twice cheaper. Don't know what's the occasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    whoever is building these systems and asking for the same price for that first spec system is either scamming people, or desperately trying to shift old stock that nobody wants, there's literally no reason to go for it over the second spec system.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    whoever is building these systems and asking for the same price for that first spec system is either scamming people, or desperately trying to shift old stock that nobody wants, there's literally no reason to go for it over the second spec system.
    Thank you for you for sharing your knowledge, regular people like me doesn't know too much about PC's, but I'm glad that I asked for help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec 1 is a joke right?

That's 7 year old shit. Newly built from museum parts.