Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Customization > Whatever class skins are.
    No, it isn't, because class skins would be a customisation feature themself, and Customisation > Customisation makes no sense.

Learn what you're talking about. Your ignorance just makes you look stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh, that's lame. What happened to the good old days of creating our own shitty leaks? I think stealing people's concepts and regurgitating them like this as "leaks" is a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by songzee View Post
    Bottom right corner was photoshopped to hide the Show Character checkbox from the original mounts list image https://streamable.com/zlqctn
    You're right, but that only applies to the mount page. Since this is spells, it automatically has to show the character actually casting said spells. The UI is more of a borrowed template.

Still, the font is what makes it a dead giveaway... unless Blizz uses a different font for their internal builds but.. *Shrug* We'll have to wait and see.

Though as fake as this might seem, I wish it were real.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    You're right, but that only applies to the mount page. Since this is spells, it automatically has to show the character actually casting said spells. The UI is more of a borrowed template.

Still, the font is what makes it a dead giveaway... unless Blizz uses a different font for their internal builds but.. *Shrug* We'll have to wait and see.

Though as fake as this might seem, I wish it were real.
    Why would they? That'd probably be extra work to change the font instead of just using the usual one.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why would they? That'd probably be extra work to change the font instead of just using the usual one.
    Unless it was an internal build, those never get made public like Alpha/Beta builds. The Blizz Bug Report thing in the imaage is what's throwing me off about this screenshot and making me go "Wait is this fake or not?"

Is that even possible inside a private server? Because that is going the extra mile to make it more convincing. Again, I'm saying this might be a fake, but I'm mainly just unsure.

Unless it was an internal build, those never get made public like Alpha/Beta builds. The Blizz Bug Report thing in the imaage is what's throwing me off about this screenshot and making me go "Wait is this fake or not?"

Is that even possible inside a private server? Because that is going the extra mile to make it more convincing. Again, I'm saying this might be a fake, but I'm mainly just unsure.
    Photoshopping the icon onto the screen would be easier methinks

- - - Updated - - -

Though I wish this were real, and I would fucking LOVE to have a shitton of cosmetic glyphs, the grammar in the description makes me think this is fake. Blizzard just doesnt narrate things like that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hats off to the original concept creator from Reddit, this would be a really coo thing to actually have — obviously it would need a bit of polish but this is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Photoshopping the icon onto the screen would be easier methinks

- - - Updated - - -

Though I wish this were real, and I would fucking LOVE to have a shitton of cosmetic glyphs, the grammar in the description makes me think this is fake. Blizzard just doesnt narrate things like that.
    I see. Actually, now that I had some time to think on this. This would be a cool idea, but they'd need to disable it in PvP.

Some people in Arenas or BGs can tell what spell is being telegraphed by the particle effects they use, so if the spell uses a different particle effect, it might confuse them. But that is a big stretch.

I see. Actually, now that I had some time to think on this. This would be a cool idea, but they'd need to disable it in PvP.

Some people in Arenas or BGs can tell what spell is being telegraphed by the particle effects they use, so if the spell uses a different particle effect, it might confuse them. But that is a big stretch.
    You could just have it so other players in PvP only see the base effects. Or have it a as an option.

Weve heard that PVP excuse against neutral races, green fire, new druid forms, transmog, etc. I dont buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it isn't, because class skins would be a customisation feature themself, and Customisation > Customisation makes no sense.

Learn what you're talking about. Your ignorance just makes you look stupid.
    Customization can be recustomized.

Class skins are a choice in character creation that cannot be changed.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Customization can be recustomized.

Class skins are a choice in character creation that cannot be changed.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    You talk with a lot of confidence considering that there's no actual implementation outside of Green Fire... which can in fact be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the first red flag, before the missing check box in the bottom right, copying a Reddit post, or the wrong font, was the fact those mounts don't exist. No one picked up on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I thought the first red flag, before the missing check box in the bottom right, copying a Reddit post, or the wrong font, was the fact those mounts don't exist. No one picked up on that?
    Well first off, that isn't the mount tab, that's an entirely different tab. Which explains why those "mounts" don't exist and the checkmark box in the bottom right is missing.

Those animals are all different spirit forms that Shamans could turn into through Glyphs while the other picture is changing the color of spells because of glyphs.

However the font does make this post seem very fake. As for the Reddit Post, it is fake but it doesn't match up with what was shown in in the picture taken.

So the conclusion could be that this was done on a private server and still remains fake... but we'll have to see what they say on announcement day. While this is nice, it seems a bit extra to give Glyphs this much attention.

I don't believe but by god do I want to. Inscription would be worth a fortune overnight and we could finally get some variation between character spells.

Very, very awesome idea, but I will never again allow myself to be betrayed after Blizzard promised to develop class items such as quivers for Hunter's and librams for Paladins in early WoD/Legion (can't remember which expansion atm).

It is far more likely that we get alteration cosmetics from a stupid, time-gated progression system like Covenants in 10.0.

You talk with a lot of confidence considering that there's no actual implementation outside of Green Fire... which can in fact be changed.
    Green fire is a customization.

Creating an Earthwarder class, using the damage, healing, combat mechanics, and talents of Paladins, but theme of lava, earth, fire, elemental magic, and communing with elemental spirits..... That's not a Paladin. You wouldnt go to the Paladin order hall and decide to recustomize some of your Paladin spells into Earthwarder spells. You wouldnt be able to create a Blood Elf Earthwarder, but you would be able to create an Orc Earthwarder, without changing the current Paladin racial restrictions.

Character options are not customizations. Nightborne are not Night Elf customizations, theyre a new kind of race, and likewise class skins would not be class customizations, they would be a new kind of class. That's the difference.

I would personally prefer new customizations, like letting my paladin earn a glyph from the Venthyr to replace my consecration with a bloody sin-magic version, etc. The spell effects are already there, dammit!

Bad fake. The font is not any systems font available in the WoW client - even if you tried to excuse it as a WIP, it would use one of the default fonts in-game - it even uses the correct font on the bottom and top for Gylphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well first off, that isn't the mount tab, that's an entirely different tab. Which explains why those "mounts" don't exist and the checkmark box in the bottom right is missing.
    Doh. I dum dum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Doh. I dum dum.
    You're good, you were right about the font though.

Unless they changed it in the last years, the Blizzard bug report isnt actually there in the inhouse version of the game, they use or atleast used another system for reporting Bugs which is much more advanced.

The Blizzard bug report is just a light version made extra easy to use for players sake.