Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I love how I've been able to completely ignore this garbage content. I didn't even know there was a console for his appearances.

    Honestly don't remember the last time I even summoned him
    Its really interesting, on my main it was completely useless. Like that feature could as well have not existed.
    When I got there on my completely fresh alt the little guy was a huge damage boost.

  2. #42
    meaningless garbage

  3. #43
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,543
    It´s the first time ever that I don´t even try a new feature in the game. Or a patch for that matter. I see no point playing it over classic, where you cna enjoy actual World of Warcraft lol

    I hope someone is actually enjying this tho.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Its really interesting, on my main it was completely useless. Like that feature could as well have not existed.
    When I got there on my completely fresh alt the little guy was a huge damage boost.
    Since the unity recipe is account wide there is no reason for me to do any dailies on alts (or my main for that matter, I don't care for the rune) I have completely ignored ZM content.

    I prefer it too, rather spend my time doing content I prefer than dogshit engagement metric simulators.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    I have no problem ignoring this stupid feature. But why is it so hard to understand that these are things the world doesn't need? And that's why they are wasted resources!
    Players don't want this at all either, they are manipulated and think because it is there now and developed by holy Blizzard I have to use it. Many fall for it!
    People need to understand when they speak, they speak for themselves and possibly several others, but not everyone.
    "Players don't want this"... well you are wrong plenty of people want it. There's nothing to fall or be manipulated about. It's called enjoying a game play feature... is it for everyone? Nope and that's fine, but it's not wasted resources for those who enjoy it. The game isn't made for just hardcore end gamers who think everything is waste outside raids and mythics. If you don't like, don't do it, it's just that simple.

  6. #46
    I get them in my bag and click them to make them go away. That's about how much I care about this garbage. I never even summon popcorn. To me he's less than useless. He's a pet that I don't want.

    So many other classes have pets - why not spend this dev time on allowing people to customize the pets they do want. Shamans, DK, mage, warlock - how cool would it be to have this customization UI for making your ghoul/elemental look different? Instead - we can make popcorn look blue and diamond colored.

  7. #47
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    So many other classes have pets - why not spend this dev time on allowing people to customize the pets they do want. Shamans, DK, mage, warlock - how cool would it be to have this customization UI for making your ghoul/elemental look different? Instead - we can make popcorn look blue and diamond colored.
    Maybe they are for 10.x and this is a trial of the system. I maybe blinkered and viewing unrealistic expectations but its possible.
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Since the unity recipe is account wide there is no reason for me to do any dailies on alts (or my main for that matter, I don't care for the rune) I have completely ignored ZM content.

    I prefer it too, rather spend my time doing content I prefer than dogshit engagement metric simulators.
    While you are but wrong about that, to craft your legendaries you still need soul ash and cinders and while ZM is not the only source for those, it is the fastest and easiest by far.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    While you are but wrong about that, to craft your legendaries you still need soul ash and cinders and while ZM is not the only source for those, it is the fastest and easiest by far.
    Wrong.

    You get plenty of flux for every form of content in 9.2, and you only need like 2k. Torg also gives flux, along with shit loads of ass and cinders.

    Also you assume I wouldn't just craft 262s for alts. I don't need the extra stats on an alt I'm going to fuck around on anyway.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by tekaqua View Post
    People need to understand when they speak, they speak for themselves and possibly several others, but not everyone.
    "Players don't want this"... well you are wrong plenty of people want it. There's nothing to fall or be manipulated about. It's called enjoying a game play feature... is it for everyone? Nope and that's fine, but it's not wasted resources for those who enjoy it. The game isn't made for just hardcore end gamers who think everything is waste outside raids and mythics. If you don't like, don't do it, it's just that simple.
    I don't think you realize how enormously manipulative profit-driven companies like Blizzard work to take money out of the pockets of people susceptible to manipulation. Had this and other pointless features not existed, no one would be clamoring for them. NOBODY!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Funny.. He stealths with me (cat form).

    But he often disappears when I ask him to possess a spider/snail/whatever.
    Yeah, I sadly had to stop using his possession thing as powerful as it was with the no-cost shoulders because he'd just lose the body and despawn if I flew too far away from him. I actually keep him away except in combat because he also doesn't benefit from the -8 yard aggro radius buff.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It´s the first time ever that I don´t even try a new feature in the game. Or a patch for that matter. I see no point playing it over classic, where you cna enjoy actual World of Warcraft lol

    I hope someone is actually enjying this tho.
    What do you mean by actual world of warcraft? Long, grindy slogs that you praise because they're in classic but anything remotely similar in retail is villified?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  12. #52
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,869
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, I sadly had to stop using his possession thing as powerful as it was with the no-cost shoulders because he'd just lose the body and despawn if I flew too far away from him. I actually keep him away except in combat because he also doesn't benefit from the -8 yard aggro radius buff.
    He also disappear, with out using the no-cost-shoulders

    But I'm at 79 or 80 of 100 for the achievement, so soon(tm) I can just ignore the possess thingy
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    meaningless garbage
    If you’re a pet collector the appearances are nice to obtain because they apply to your Pocopoc pet outside of the zone. Assuming you purchase the pet, of course.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Wrong.

    You get plenty of flux for every form of content in 9.2, and you only need like 2k. Torg also gives flux, along with shit loads of ass and cinders.

    Also you assume I wouldn't just craft 262s for alts. I don't need the extra stats on an alt I'm going to fuck around on anyway.
    I was not aware of the fact that flux gets awarded for stuff outside of ZM, good to know.

    But lets be honest, just fucking around in ZM is MUCH faster and easier than doing Torghast stuff. I am not saying Torghast is hard, but on a fresh alt it is time consuming. ZM is just much faster.

    And yeah, I was assuming you craft the good gear on an alt, because if you do not plan to do that, why craft a second legendary at all? Don't know, either I want to play that char, then he gets good equipment, or I don't want to play it, in which case the char just gets nothing.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I was not aware of the fact that flux gets awarded for stuff outside of ZM, good to know.

    But lets be honest, just fucking around in ZM is MUCH faster and easier than doing Torghast stuff. I am not saying Torghast is hard, but on a fresh alt it is time consuming. ZM is just much faster.

    And yeah, I was assuming you craft the good gear on an alt, because if you do not plan to do that, why craft a second legendary at all? Don't know, either I want to play that char, then he gets good equipment, or I don't want to play it, in which case the char just gets nothing.
    why craft a second legendary at all?

    Are you really comparing 1 item at a 29 ilvl upgrade to the power upgrade from equipping a second legendary?

    You do realise the actual power gain from a 262 legendary item to a 291 is fuck all? you're talking maybe 100-200 dps max. Hell I still use some 262s on my main if its for M+ or a different spec/particular boss fight.

  16. #56
    still annoying af that animals despawn once you fly up
    they are useful sometimes

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    He also disappear, with out using the no-cost-shoulders

    But I'm at 79 or 80 of 100 for the achievement, so soon(tm) I can just ignore the possess thingy
    Did you notice as soon as you go into combat his running speed super slows down so he can't keep up with you anymore? And if you don't notice and keep running he eventually despawns and respawns back at your side, except without his possession body.

    But yeah. Soon as I got my 100 for the achieve I dropped it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    why craft a second legendary at all?

    Are you really comparing 1 item at a 29 ilvl upgrade to the power upgrade from equipping a second legendary?

    You do realise the actual power gain from a 262 legendary item to a 291 is fuck all? you're talking maybe 100-200 dps max. Hell I still use some 262s on my main if its for M+ or a different spec/particular boss fight.
    This. Way more than half of a legendary's power is in its power, not its ilvl. I'd wager that would hold true even if you compare a 190 to a 291.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •