Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Wish List

3 New Allied Races:

-Drakonid Neutral
    -Venthyr Horde
    -Sylvari Alliance

-Upright Worgen

-All Races/Class combos unlocked (newly enlisted demon hunters get a mini-zone similar to allied race and pandaren death knights) (previously unavailable race/calss combos like undead druid start on the boat to ogre island instead of choosing between starting zone or ogre island start so the lore reamins intact)
    - Characters can now change classes at trainers, similar to FF14, classes become more like professions, if switched out, they remain on the level it was swtiched from. Special Intro questline if switching to demon hunter and death knight.
    4 New Classes:

- Dragonguard - Two Handed Melee weapon AND shield equipped at same time kinda like half titan's Grip half shield, Plate Armor, 2 Specs: DPS and Tank kinda like paladin to priest
    - Dragonsworn - Polearms, Mail Armor - 2 Specs: DPS and Healing - Dragon spells kinda like the priest to paladin
    - Tinker: Dual Pistols, guns, Mail Armor - 3 SPecs: Tank with mech suit - DPS with dual psitols , Medic with healing gun
    - Necromancer: 3 DPS specs, same as death knight specs, but ranged spellcaster: blood, frost, unholy
    unholy death knight looses undead minions, they go to necromancer, unholy dk focuses more on spells liek death coil instead of minions

1 New Profession: Woodworking
    - Glyphs become collectibles instead of being locked behind a profession -> Inscription gets scrolls, vantus runes and the like with temporary buffs like Alchemy - Moonkin form becomes a glyph

-Player Housing:
    -Darnassus, Undercity rebuilt
    Each capital gets a housing district - Professions tie into player housing
    Last edited by DragonGuard; 2022-06-06 at 09:17 AM.

Well, at least we got a Dragonsworn-like class wearing mail, can Dracthyr Evokers use any weapon at all they look unarmed in the video?

Maybe some mini games like Arm Wrestling, Beer chugging, and Axe throwing at inns. Maybe put a leaderboard for it. Maybe put leaderboard in Darkmoon faire too. Also they should give a 3000 gold reward in the middle of the Death Match pavilion in Darkmoon faire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DragonGuard View Post
    Well, at least we got a Dragonsworn-like class wearing mail, can Dracthyr Evokers use any weapon at all they look unarmed in the video?
    Good job. Sorry I'm leaving some of my wishlist too >.>
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Maybe some mini games like Arm Wrestling, Beer chugging, and Axe throwing at inns. Maybe put a leaderboard for it. Maybe put leaderboard in Darkmoon faire too. Also they should give a 3000 gold reward in the middle of the Death Match pavilion in Darkmoon faire.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job. Sorry I'm leaving some of my wishlist too >.>
    These are great ideas! Anything that facilitates social interaction is cool

I was thinking about having players be able to write books, poems, guides or documets,
    which they could sell on the AH,
    but I suppose most such player-written ingame books would be full of profanities and/or trolling,
    so it was a nice idea "on paper" (pun intended), but I quickly scrapped it :P

We already heard from the lead designers that class rotations wont change in dragonflight.

Sorely dissapointed by that. The game really needs gameplay updates from time to time not to feel stale. While i like most of the changes we know off so far in dragonflight i just donbt think its gonna be enough.

Conflict between covenants. Both in PvE war efforts and PVP territories.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1- Roll back race/class choices, at least cleanse it a bit. Tauren paladins makes 0 fucking sense (example)

2- Bring back unique class buffs.

3- Remove high end loot from M+, it belongs in raids only. Maybe let M+ drop badges which can only drop there and give access to some nice HC level gear vendor.

4- Remove the layers of uncalled for complexity in raid fights, stop designing around addons and make fights more simple. They can perfectly be challenging without having to rely on addons.

5- Stop the play the patch mentality. Loot from the first raid of the expansion should be able to be carried to the last. Naturally, upgrades and replacements will happen, but why would some very specific items be able to carry on?

6- Drop all the new patch new system ideas.

7- Remove or regulate ilevel.

8- Remove Mythic raiding and tune HC up. Having LFR is fine for people who want to see the fights and don´t care about loot, fair enough. Normal mode and HC are more than enough. Or else 1 level of difficulty and hard modes avaiable like in Ulduar.

In short, make retail World of Warcraft again.
    Last edited by shise; 2022-06-06 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    We already heard from the lead designers that class rotations wont change in dragonflight.

Sorely dissapointed by that. The game really needs gameplay updates from time to time not to feel stale. While i like most of the changes we know off so far in dragonflight i just donbt think its gonna be enough.
    i hate when they change things just for the sake of change.. that's why i've always had trouble having a main in this game since if you find something you like it's unlikely it will stay like that for long.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    1- Roll back race/class choices, at least cleanse it a bit. Tauren paladins makes 0 fucking sense (example)

3- Remove high end loot from M+, it belongs in raids only. Maybe let M+ drop badges which can only drop there and give access to some nice HC level gear vendor.

4- Remove the layers of uncalled for complexity in raid fights, stop designing around addons and make fights more simple. They can perfectly be challenging without having to rely on addons.

5- Stop the play the patch mentality. Loot from the first raid of the expansion should be able to be carried to the last. Naturally, upgrades and replacements will happen, but why would some very specific items be able to carry on?

8- Remove Mythic raiding and tune HC up. Having LFR is fine for people who want to see the fights and don´t care about loot, fair enough. Normal mode and HC are more than enough. Or else 1 level of difficulty and hard modes avaiable like in Ulduar.

I'm so glad you aren't working for blizzard - all around horrible ideas you have there lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1. Active class balancing changes every 3 weeks until theres fair representation in the current raids/dungeons/pvp.
    2. Raid/dungeons adjustments weekly based on feedback.
    3. Remove group buffs completely.
    4. Remove normal, rename Heroic to Normal.
    5. Put back all abilities in the spellbook and make talents enhance/adjust your spellbook based on the content you are doing.
    6. Bring back player character agency by removing all timegating - if people want to play 100 hours to get something, let them.
    7. Add drafting phase in pvp and m+ tournaments.
    8. World quests similar to 1 kill / minigames rather than 7-steps progress.
    9. Everything working crossfaction.
    10. Hall of Fame made to simply top 100.
    11. Valor uncapped when the world first kill happens of the final boss.
    12. Designated LFG channel for boosts.
    13. If a talent/spell is completely untouched by 99% of statistically recorded players, that talent/spell is removed/revamped completely with next major patch.
    14. Multiple glyphs for every spell in the game to change looks/colors/particles/etc or bring some other effect.
    15. New "Major" glyph that allows you to have a class perk, similar to the Fire mage Orbs above the head in Legion.
    16. Unlimited transmog options within your weapon/armor permissions (staves into swords, daggers into staves, etc.).

How ridiculous can we get? We staying reasonable or just completely what we want, never happen?

1) Lore hall. Expansion-agnostic feature that fills out with archaeology solves, books, statues and artifacts/legendaries we acquire, and has a room with Lorewalkers who show us all cutscenes we've seen on our account, let us queue for all LFRs and scenarios and the like from one central hub.

2) Revamp mission table to also be expansion-agnostic. Instead of reinventing it every expansion, just use the Legion system one and add a new tab of missions for each expansion to send followers out to collect currencies and profession materials from that expansion. EG we can send our champions to Outland for Fel Iron or Mag'har bracelets, or to Zuldazar for War Resources and... whatever else they had.

3) Every time you hit exalted with a reputation, any further reputation you earn is applied to your next-highest rep alt for that faction, or each alt you hit exalted with causes that faction to reward 100% more rep, decreasing by a quarter for each subsequent alt. Net result, much faster rep gain for alts. That's for old reps; all new reps should be more like the Renown system.

4) A 'Box of Many Things' style cross-run progression system for running legacy dungeons and raids. The more times you complete a raid/dungeon in legacy loot mode, the more benefits you unlock, such as faster movement speed in that raid up to +150% mounted speed, AoE pulls, increased damage dealt, skips, free bonus rolls for bosses with that functionality and ability to skip RP.

5) Ability to earn more powerful gear in outdoor content that is only that powerful in outdoor content. EG you can earn heroic raid level gear in world content, but if you go into an instance it drops down to LFR level. This is earned by a Horrific Vision-style opt-in difficulty system for the outdoor world: allowing you to choose personal debuffs, enemy buffs, or new hazards while doing world quests and dailies that effectively make it harder to complete that content, in reward for outdoor-only gear stronger than the normal level cap. Using ZM as an example, you can earn ilevel 252 gear by doing the current content, but you'd be able to take a 10% damage debuff, increase enemy damage by 10% and slow your attack/cast speed by 10% and in return you can earn ilevel 260 gear instead. More debuffs = higher level gear, same as in Horrific Visions.

6) Reintroduce archaeology as a system to introduce supplementary lore, not an RNG grind-fest. Give each expansion an overall bucket, same as it currently has, and then each zone in the expansion has its own progress bar. As you discover landmarks and complete the main/side quests of a zone, the bar fills. At 30, 60 and 100% for each zone you become eligible for a growing story based around exploring the history of that zone, culminating in a reward like a toy or a mount. Each zone bar you fill increases the expansion's overall bar, and once that one is filled you get an epic finale quest chain that ties the expansion's setting into some cool lore and grants you a bigger reward.

7) Have a dedicated team for bringing book lore into the game, and have a new story delivery system where we can optionally choose to play through a character's history and perspective of current events in the form of a quest chain/scenario, like the Illidan one back in Legion. The Sylvanas story would've been better if we had seen her experiences and perspective of the last bunch of expansions, so a system like this would put the important story from the book in the game, and NOT after the fact - while the story is unfolding. This doesn't have to be something our character is aware of; just something for the player themselves to keep abreast of things.

8) Change normal raiding to the Flex raiding system at the end of MoP - LFR style wings, but manual grouping, slightly higher difficulty and ability to earn achievements etc. Or just make raids smaller and more numerous.

It's hard to think of a list of things I really really want, but if there's one thing I'd probably like more than anything else, it'd be the full removal of faction-tapped mobs.

You know that blizzard will not put in anything that we want right? I mean how long has it been since they said we would get different dance moves.

- - - Updated - - -

I have tried all classes the only ones i can get behind that are remotely fun for me is, Unholy dk, Demonology and Prot Paladin. I miss old survival hunter when explosive shot was fun.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I'm so glad you aren't working for blizzard - all around horrible ideas you have there lol.
    So original WoW all the way up to Cata was horrible, according to you?

I guess new players have a different concept of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonGuard View Post
    3 New Allied Races:

-Drakonid Neutral
    -Venthyr Horde
    -Sylvari Alliance

-Upright Worgen

-All Races/Class combos unlocked (newly enlisted demon hunters get a mini-zone similar to allied race and pandaren death knights) (previously unavailable race/calss combos like undead druid start on the boat to ogre island instead of choosing between starting zone or ogre island start so the lore reamins intact)
    - Characters can now change classes at trainers, similar to FF14, classes become more like professions, if switched out, they remain on the level it was swtiched from. Special Intro questline if switching to demon hunter and death knight.
    4 New Classes:

- Dragonguard - Two Handed Melee weapon AND shield equipped at same time kinda like half titan's Grip half shield, Plate Armor, 2 Specs: DPS and Tank kinda like paladin to priest
    - Dragonsworn - Polearms, Mail Armor - 2 Specs: DPS and Healing - Dragon spells kinda like the priest to paladin
    - Tinker: Dual Pistols, guns, Mail Armor - 3 SPecs: Tank with mech suit - DPS with dual psitols , Medic with healing gun
    - Necromancer: 3 DPS specs, same as death knight specs, but ranged spellcaster: blood, frost, unholy
    unholy death knight looses undead minions, they go to necromancer, unholy dk focuses more on spells liek death coil instead of minions

1 New Profession: Woodworking
    - Glyphs become collectibles instead of being locked behind a profession -> Inscription gets scrolls, vantus runes and the like with temporary buffs like Alchemy - Moonkin form becomes a glyph

-Player Housing:
    -Darnassus, Undercity rebuilt
    Each capital gets a housing district - Professions tie into player housing
    Holy shit, absolutely not to the class changing. Level a different character, man.

Wouldnt mind UNLOCKABLE race/class combinations for the weirder ones like Lightforged Draenei Warlock, Goblin Druid, and Void Elf / Undead Paladin. Rare combos in lore should be represented in mechanics somehow.

Actual, realistic wishlist: Just one .5 patch with a bunch of glyphs. Please. Just give us spell effects that are already in the game, even. Just. More of them. Please.

7+ Year Old Account
    So original WoW all the way up to Cata was horrible, according to you?

I guess new players have a different concept of fun.
    I play since (the real) classic and yes, there is a reason I wouldn't touch the "classic" servers besides getting a mount for retail. WoW has evolved and honestly, mostly for the better. The things the dude wants back would make the game thousand times worse again.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i hate when they change things just for the sake of change.. that's why i've always had trouble having a main in this game since if you find something you like it's unlikely it will stay like that for long.
    And by that long you mean a period of 2 years is too short?

We had minimal changes to classes for 4-6 years now. How long exactly does it take for you to practise a 5 button rotation?

The game is fucking stale. Blizzard is once again undershooting what they need to do. Look at how much shit other companies are able to make with a much smaller budget. It baffles me that it takes blizzard years to develop a system like dragonflighting. Give me a team of 5 people for a few weeks and we can make the specs feel fresh again. Its not exactly rocket science.

And by that long you mean a period of 2 years is too short?

We had minimal changes to classes for 4-6 years now. How long exactly does it take for you to practise a 5 button rotation?

The game is fucking stale. Blizzard is once again undershooting what they need to do. Look at how much shit other companies are able to make with a much smaller budget. It baffles me that it takes blizzard years to develop a system like dragonflighting. Give me a team of 5 people for a few weeks and we can make the specs feel fresh again. Its not exactly rocket science.
    learning to play the classes was never the issue. finding them fun is.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

1) Dragons.

Set your expectations low and prepare to be blown away!

(The only thing on your list that even remotely stands a chance of happening is the night elf/forsaken home rebuilding, I for one would love just a few more quests where we help them out with just odds and ends building and supply run type quests but physically see the area take shape over several phases of doing it. Kind of like the cataclysm quests where we unlocked the troll/gnome starting zones but over a longer period of time, maybe once it's completed we unlock some toy/transmog items and the heritage armor quests for forsaken/night elves?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account

Tauren Paladins make more canonical sense than blood elf paladins do.