Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That's what it was in the RPG books.

It's whatever they wish to define it as if they ever put it in WoW as a player class, just like the Death Knight and Monk got completely new backstories and definitions to their classes.

Otherwise, Death Knight was literally only a name for Necrolytes who got their souls crammed into an undead Human, or the former Paladins who travelled to Northrend with Arthas. That's not the origin or description of Death Knight that we have as a playable class today.
    You don't want it to be true to the source?
    I don't mean no expanding. But, retconning its base?

I think we are getting a neutral playable dragon race.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You don't want it to be true to the source?
    I don't mean no expanding. But, retconning its base?
    Any change can be implied as an expansion instead of retcon if it never formally existed in WoW. It's a matter of perspective.

Like for example, if they introduce Dragonsworn as Forsaken-only Dragon worshippers from the Cult of the Damned, it wouldn't actually retcon anything you posted above. The player would simply be explained as being specifically Forsaken Dragonsworn. What changed here? Nothing, because it's explained that this new Dragonsworn class isn't directly connected to any others that may exist in the world.

Just as I pointed out WoW player Death Knight origins being different from the ones we got from the RTS. Nothing was 'retconned'.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-11 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think we are getting a neutral playable dragon race.
    Its way more plausible then a dragon class at this point.

Any change can be implied as an expansion instead of retcon if it never formally existed in WoW. It's a matter of perspective.

Like for example, if they introduce Dragonsworn as Forsaken-only Dragon worshippers from the Cult of the Damned, it wouldn't actually retcon anything you posted above. The player would simply be explained as being specifically Forsaken Dragonsworn. What changed here? Nothing, because it's explained that this new Dragonsworn class isn't directly connected to any others that may exist in the world.

Just as I pointed out WoW player Death Knight origins being different from the ones we got from the RTS. Nothing was 'retconned'.
    If you change the underline fantasy, you change the class. Most people are already familiar with the RPG class.
    And it is sort of canon, as Dragonsworn can be somewhat seen in WoW:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dra...n_in_the_world
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dra...rn#Speculation
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonsworn#See_also

If you change the underline fantasy, you change the class. Most people are already familiar with the RPG class.
    And it is sort of canon, as Dragonsworn can be somewhat seen in WoW:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dra...n_in_the_world
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dra...rn#Speculation
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonsworn#See_also
    Yes, so are you implying Blizzard can't change the underlining fantasy because you think people are familiar with the RPG class?

Combining Dark Rangers with Wardens and Night Warrior also changes the underlining fantasy of Dark Rangers, who have specific origins as undead beings and not as Wardens or Night Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    If they're carrying on with the Covenant system, I think it's more likely we'll see the powers of the dragonflights represented as Covenants all players can pledge themselves to, rather than specs for a "Dragonsworn" class. Although I guess it could theoretically be both.

Alternatively, they could condense the powers of the five (main) dragonflights into 3 or 4 specs. There's no reason to have 5, especially when Green and Red are both essentially themed around life and healing. Like so:

Healer: Red + Green
    DPS: Blue + Bronze
    Tank: Black
    Oh dear god please no more covenant type systems....

Yes, so are you implying Blizzard can't change the underlining fantasy because you think people are familiar with the RPG class?

Combining Dark Rangers with Wardens and Night Warrior also changes the underlining fantasy of Dark Rangers, who have specific origins as undead beings and not as Wardens or Night Warriors.
    No. They stay the same. Just combine. Similar to Death Knights, Liches and Dreadlords.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Easy, it's called Druid. A Dragonsworn devotes themselves to an aspect, and is granted that aspects power. Since Druids are Yseras Dragonsworn, if a Dragonsworn class was made, we would probably get Kalecgos, Alextsrasza and Wrathion Dragonsworn, since Nozdormu is mia.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been wanting this for a while.

DPS: Spellweavers, Kalecgos sworn. Dual wielding arcane melee dps

Healer: Life Binders, Alextraszas sworn. Uses cleansing fire to heal allies and damage enemies. Could have like a reverse living bomb, blows up on an ally, then spreads to nearby ones.

Tank: Earthwarders, Wrathions sworn. Uses earth based abilities to knock enemies away, slow, create "shields" around the tank. Maybe even walls that the mobs have to walk around. Ranged earthen spike attacks.
    If Blizzard didn't have such a knack for ruining good talent that they hire... I'd say you should be on the dev team for classes and such. These are good. Though I still would love to see some holy wrath priest dps and mage time-involved healing... but Nozdormu is out so hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanoAZR View Post
    Necromancers would be viable too, because without the helm of domination the scourge needs control, so... Necromancers would be welcome
    Oh.

OOOOOOHHHHhhhhhhhhh.

You bring up a GOOD point and I actually really like the idea now.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

No. They stay the same. Just combine. Similar to Death Knights, Liches and Dreadlords.
    Death Knights aren't Liches and Dreadlords though.

You acknowledge that a Death Knight is neither a Nathrezim or a Lich, right?

A Death Knight could incorporate elements of other themes into themselves, but they're always going to be Death Knights. They don't become Abominations or Liches or Nathrezim just because they start using diseases, frost magic and blood magic.

If you have a Dark Ranger with specs that cover Warden or Night Warrior abilities, we're still going to be talking about a Dark Ranger.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-12 at 01:23 AM.

Death Knights aren't Liches and Dreadlords though.

You acknowledge that a Death Knight is neither a Nathrezim or a Lich, right?

A Death Knight could incorporate elements of other themes into themselves, but they're always going to be Death Knights. They don't become Abominations or Liches or Nathrezim just because they start using diseases, frost magic and blood magic.

If you have a Dark Ranger with specs that cover Warden or Night Warrior abilities, we're still going to be talking about a Dark Ranger.
    Lichborne
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 33
    Draw upon unholy energy to become Undead for 10 sec, increasing Leech by 10%, and making you immune to Charm, Fear, and Sleep.

We can put them under the umbrella of a Ranger.

Lichborne
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 33
    Draw upon unholy energy to become Undead for 10 sec, increasing Leech by 10%, and making you immune to Charm, Fear, and Sleep.
    Right, a Death Knight can take up the abilities of a Lich or Nathrezim, without actually being Liches or Nathrezim. You're still the same Death Knight as you always were.

We can put them under the umbrella of a Ranger.
    There's no reason to put a Warden under the umbrella of a Ranger. Wardens have never been associated with Rangers, what connection are you bridging here? It makes no sense from a gameplay OR a lore perspective.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-12 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Feel free to describe what a "dragonsworn" class is. Tinkers are at least actual classes already.
    interesting i cant find Tinker in the class section

If the DF image leak was true, that could be the new class there, with Alexstraza as the 'flagship' character in that class. Most/all of the Legion promo art had Illidan representing DH, so if there is a new class coming this expansion it'd be a pretty reasonable bet that it'll be whatever Alexstraza is in that artwork, again assuming that the leak was real.

Right, a Death Knight can take up the abilities of a Lich or Nathrezim, without actually being Liches or Nathrezim. You're still the same Death Knight as you always were.
    Lichborne is not a lich ability. It is a Lich.

There's no reason to put a Warden under the umbrella of a Ranger. Wardens have never been associated with Rangers, what connection are you bridging here? It makes no sense from a gameplay OR a lore perspective.
    "The Wardens of the Sunwell/Sunwell Wardens might be rangers, as they armed with bows and dual swords."

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/al...20150324190947

It's only a week left to the expansion reveal, I want to see more effort, come on!
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Dragonsworn are as much a thing within Warcraft as tinkers. God willing, tinkers will never be a full fledged class within WoW.
    Well, not quite. Tinker was a hero unit in WC3 whereas Dragonsworn only existed in the RPG.

Nonetheless, Dragonsworn would obviously make more sense than Tinker in an expansion called Dragonflight.

Wow, if only more people like you understood the difference between expansion of lore and retconning. My props to you, sir.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think the micro classes thing is better and more likely to be real, but assuming it's a full dragonsworn class they'll probably make it like a mail-using paladin+warrior with specs based on different flights.

But yea, the microclass set up is much better. Dragonsworn Earthwarden Shaman and Dragon Knight 4th spec for plate users.
    Micro classes are quite possibly the dumbest idea I've heard yet for wow. A class with only a tank spec? or a healer? Please.

Lichborne is not a lich ability. It is a Lich.
    No, it is not.
    "The Wardens of the Sunwell/Sunwell Wardens might be rangers, as they armed with bows and dual swords."

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/al...20150324190947
    So you're talking about Rangers that are called Wardens, and not the Night Elf Wardens at all. We are clear on this then, yes?