Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    lol.. after watching blizzard for the last half a decade... you think that blizzard will create 6 new specs and also add a monster race that will increase their workload by a lot due to all the clipping issues?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-04-12 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    0% chance the level cap will increase to 70. It makes zero sense given how they changed the entire leveling system of the game. Level cap will remain 60, and we'll be squished down to level 50 in a pre-patch.
    I hope so, that makes the most sense to me. Squish us down back to 50, put the previous expansion alongside the others for leveling purposes and make the cap 60 again.

MoP 2.0: Dragonsworn class and Drakonid neutral race.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    MoP 2.0: Dragonsworn class and Drakonid neutral race.
    If they combine those features with a more cosmetic Covenant system (Dragonflights instead of Covenants) I'd be fine with it. As long as the Dragonsworn is a ranged class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    0% chance the level cap will increase to 70. It makes zero sense given how they changed the entire leveling system of the game. Level cap will remain 60, and we'll be squished down to level 50 in a pre-patch.
    They changed literally nothing about the leveling system. All they did is squish the levels.
    I would gladly take the squish to 50 instead of getting a new 10 levels, but it really doesn't make sense to say there's a "0% chance".

Level cap remains 60
    SL moves into the 40-50 bracket
    BfA gets put in Classic

“Seasonal” “battle pass” style content sounds very likely.

“Remixed” dungeon runs with rotating content on a more regular basis seems likely. M+ With a rotating dungeon pool every season sounds likely.

Seasons rotating more frequently then they do now, probably likely. I’d expect the content to rotate once a quarter.

Cross faction grouping seems deadly obvious at this point.

I expect this game will pretty much become Destiny. We’ll see big yearly releases with quarterly story releases that shift everything around for the season.

My more wild thoughts are around consoles and targeting people not at a pc. I’d wager blizzard has been thinking about how to drag in console people. I could also see steam integration in the future. I could see a WoW expac being included in Gamepass (you still need to pay for seasons).
    Last edited by chorx; 2022-04-12 at 06:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    I hope so, that makes the most sense to me. Squish us down back to 50, put the previous expansion alongside the others for leveling purposes and make the cap 60 again.
    Makes the most sense to me too. I don't see why they'd squish us from 120 to 60, only to start going down that road again. But eh, this is Blizzard so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    If they combine those features with a more cosmetic Covenant system (Dragonflights instead of Covenants) I'd be fine with it. As long as the Dragonsworn is a ranged class.

- - - Updated - - -

They changed literally nothing about the leveling system. All they did is squish the levels.
    I would gladly take the squish to 50 instead of getting a new 10 levels, but it really doesn't make sense to say there's a "0% chance".
    So going from forcing all characters to level through every single expansion to only having to do one expansion is "changed literally nothing."

Words don't mean what they used to, I see.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. No revamp

2. Some female has turned evil again

3. Blizz will not fix classes

4. Aspect Power Grinds that nobody wanted, everyone hates, and Blizz will finally relent on it in 10.3.

So in short, Shadowlands 2/BFA 3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The title of this thread is wonderful.

I reckon Shadowlands pushed down you 1-50 and we'll level to 60 again over a higher level cap.

- Dragon isles will be flying islands with a zone for each spec with a titan facility in the centre (possibly its own zone maybe not).
    - They'll be attacked by the evil Dragonflights and we'll aid a dragonflight on each zone.
    - Then pick a covenant, guessing it'll be renamed, each with will have a unique end game campaign against an evil Dragonflight, bronze Vs infinite etc.
    - first raid will be Infinite Dragonflight ending with Nozdourmu fall to corruption.
    - the main enemy will be sintharia leading the combined forces of the void aligned Dragonflights. Though I doubt she'd be the final boss and it'll be like Gul'dan and Archimode where we mainly fight one while the other is present doing something.
    - The plot will be around the Void seeking an entrance to the lifelands. The new twist will be Dragons are inherently creatures of the domain of life with the dragon lands having a direct link.

I'm guessing a very forward thinking uncomplicated expansion to try not to rock the boat to much.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol.. after watching blizzard for the last half a decade... you think that blizzard will create 6 new specs and also add a monster race that will increase their workload by a lot due to all the clipping issues?
    And this is a worst part, since nowdays people screech how they love FF14 races that in fact just a humans+Ears or Horns, so blizzard went full ELF road since why do more work if its okayish with some basic models no monster races, long-neck or non-bipedal why bother... lmao.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Realistic expectations here. Building on and improving existing systems, logical development...no fanfic/boi BS:

- Yes, level cap to 70 (maybe 65). It would simply feel bad to be squished every expac back to 50 with a 60 cap.
    - Dragon Isles with 4 leveling zones and 1 max level zone
    - Updates to Lordaeron and "some" existing zones, but nothing close to Cata scope
    - 8 Dungeons + 1 raid at launch (maybe a couple more reworked legacy dungeons to pad the total)
    - If (and BIG if) we get a new class, it will be dragon themed - no doubt about it. New specs and microclasses will never happen, though they might rework some dead specs. They can barely design and balance what they've got...let's be real here.
    - Dragon-themed "covenants" but with no tied player power - all cosmetic and utility + mission tables
    - Profession revamp (this is almost a must at this point) beyond gathering profs
    - Some kind of "anima" system. They won't drop that so forget about it...it is here to stay
    - Legendary system similar to Legion. Maybe not weapons, but it certainly won't be tied to professions.
    - Loot Vault will return, but better. - Built-in bad luck protection for end-game loot
    - Mythic+ seasons will likely become like SL Season 4, with a mix of old and new
    - Account-wide achievements across the board
    - Even more improved alt catchup mechanics (we saw a LOT of this already in 9.2)

The only things that might be "a bit out there" or unlikely would be:
    - Player Housing
    - Some world building mechanics that require both Horde/Alliance participation
    - Some form of reforging added back in

Quote Originally Posted by Viking91 View Post
    New specs:
    Dragon Knight for Warrior.
    Chronomancer for Mage.
    Earthwarden for Shaman.
    Dark Ranger for Hunter.
    Necromancer for Warlock.
    Spellbreaker for Paladin.
    If this happens my jaw will drop to the floor. nu-Blizzard taking risks and putting in effort? Inconceivable.

Am I the only one hoping that this Dragonflight nonsense was the biggest bait and switch blizzard have pulled in recent years?

Quote Originally Posted by KNTRPRTS View Post
    This forum is going to implode when the expansion is revealed to not be a dragon related/Dragon Isles expansion at all.
    I'm kind of hoping for it. I got my popcorn ready.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I’m expecting that if they do a dragonsworn race there’s still gonna be a new melee spec with it. Because if there’s a spec that’s blue and/or bronze themed it’ll feel too much like a mage if it’s ranged DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sinking feeling that we will get no new classes or races, while we get more of the same parasitic design features.

Hoping to be proven wrong.
    Agreed, its better to have no expectations and then be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking91 View Post
    Place your final bets on what the new expansion will contain.

What i think we will get:
    Level cap 70.
    Dragon Isles with 6 zones located west of Quel'thalas and 1 new zone in northern Lordaeron.
    8 to 10 dungeons and 2 raids.
    Playable Dragonkin race.
    New specs:
    Dragon Knight for Warrior.
    Chronomancer for Mage.
    Earthwarden for Shaman.
    Dark Ranger for Hunter.
    Necromancer for Warlock.
    Spellbreaker for Paladin.
    Dragonflight covenants with armor sets based on each of the 5 flights.
    Dragon Aspect cloaks powered up with a new type of collectable power, be it Aspect Power or Draconic Power.

Bard as a new profession, but this is a big maybe.
    Can't lie, if they brought back gladiator warriors, I would return. Loved that talent so much. It just sucked because they couldn't manage to get it to scale properly to keep up due to it being tied to the prot tank spec at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

1+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard just said "august adventures" in their stream announcement.

I guess that means closed beta in august this year, with a possible release in february or march next year since testing lasts around 6 to 8 months.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I predict:

-an expansion name will be revealed
    -information with be given
    -players will be HYPE
    -players will be let down
    -interviews will happen
    -things will be said

I really hope I am right. Did I answer the question correctly?
    Yes.
    /10chars

Final Scourge pre-patch event

No new races

No new specs for existing classes

No new profession

Nothing to do with Quel'thalas - community developed red herring

Five dragonflight covenants

1 new class that is dragon themed
    - three specs
    - available to all races
    - adds dragon features to availbale races: horns, scales, no tails, no wings (like Demon Hunter adds to elves)
    - dragon mount form like Druid

New land on Azeroth to explore and raid - maybe some return to elemental planes