Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,877
    Im nervous about it but I seriously believe it's going to be all elves with a focus on a continuation of Tyrande and the greens, both high elf traitor races dealing with Quel'thalas and obviously Wrathion.

    An expansion leaving a bad taste in my mouth before the official reveal I hadn't felt since that WoD leak.

  2. #22
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    They could actually get Tyrande to call her back - especially if it's the only way to save Azeroth. - it would likely be as suspension for the sentence, i.e. she would be called back to finish her sentence after she'd done helping us.
    Still, it would be a fuck-up to bring Sylvanas out that early, it would piss on what has gone on in this expansion and the previous one. I can maybe give some leeway and accept her appearing at the crossover patch for 11.0.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Let's jump the gun and make some predictions.

    BFA saw Jaina, Talanji and Sylvanas as the main stars, then Azshara and N'zoth

    Shadowlands had Sylvanas and Tyrande, with antagonist Zovaal and pawn Manduin. (although can we really include Anduin as a main star? I mean Arbiter, Winter Queen, Archon, Pelagos etc all had more screen time than he did.

    So if it is a Dragonflight Expansion: Here is my guesses for main characters involved.

    1. Alexstrazsa will star
    2. Jaina b/c of Kalec connection

    Antagonist:
    Nozdorumu now Murazond

    Anti-hero
    Wrathion


    Smaller side characters:
    Chromie
    Sinestra
    Tyrande because of the green flight - either Ysera or her sister will beinvolved
    Elune possibly too.
    Calia
    Sylvanas is not done yet, she'll be phased back in
    Liadrin

    I'd like to see more of
    1. Talanji
    2. Thalyssra
    3. Alleria
    4. Aggra
    5. Brightpawn and Magatha
    6. Azshara
    7. Lilian Voss

    Bad guys:
    1. Turalyon - zealot (Yrel AU replaces him into 11.0)
    2. Genn - idiot


    Potential Deaths
    1. Malfurion
    2. Lor'themar (Liadrin will replace him.
    3. Rokhan (Zentabra to lead the Darkspears)
    4. Muradin Bronzebeard, Moira rules the dwarves now
    Have you heard of our Lord and Saviour Sylvanas Windrunner? Queen of the Maw, Breaker of Domination Chains, Waifu of the Lead Writer.

    One of the billions of souls she is freeing down there will tell her a shocking and important secret so (against her wishes ofc) she leaves the Maw and returns to us in our hour of need to safe us from whatever is the enemy, like the true hero she always was (in Danuser's eyes)

    I am not even kidding. No way Danuser manages to write a story without her for 3 years.

    Otherwise, the Dragonflight characters are pretty much given. We have already seen that Alex is now wearing chaste nun clothing, because the showing of skin might upset some snowflake in Blizzards janitorial staff, so I expect a new model for Ysera too (if she can actually leave Ardenweald to be on Azeroth)

    I am personally hoping for Jaina and Thalyssra working together and the nightborne realizing how idiotic her judgement of the Alliance was, but that is probably me dreaming.

  4. #24
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Im nervous about it but I seriously believe it's going to be all elves with a focus on a continuation of Tyrande and the greens, both high elf traitor races dealing with Quel'thalas and obviously Wrathion.

    An expansion leaving a bad taste in my mouth before the official reveal I hadn't felt since that WoD leak.
    Most likely we're going to witness a new leader for the Green Dragonflight until Ysera is reborn.
    We're going to see Wrathion try to re-establish the Black Dragonflight.
    We're going to see Kalecgos try to get to terms that he might need to take more charge in Blue Dragonflight, instead of hiding in Dalaran.
    We're going to see Tyrande dealing further with the Night Warrior blessing, as well as Elune's appearance as a vision.
    We're going to see the Infinite Dragonflight breaking through against the Bronze Dragonflight, Nozdormu in a pickle.
    We're hopefully going to be introduced to an updated Quel'thalas/Quel'danas after their little story in 9.2.5.
    We're most likely going to see Anduin return, not right away, but in a patch.

    All speculations, of course.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2022-04-15 at 11:42 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  5. #25
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Most likely we're going to witness a new leader for the Green Dragonflight until Ysera is reborn.
    We're going to see Wrathion try to re-establish the Black Dragonflight.
    We're going to see Kalecgos try to get to terms that he might need to take more charge in Blue Dragonflight, instead of hiding in Dalaran.
    We're going to see Tyrande dealing further with the Night Warrior blessing, as well as Elune's appearance as a vision.
    We're going to see the Infinite Dragonflight breaking through against the Bronze Dragonflight, Nozdormu in a pickle.
    We're hopefully going to be introduced to an updated Quel'thalas/Quel'danas after their little story in 9.2.5.
    We're most likely going to see Anduin return, not right away, but in a patch.

    All speculations, of course.
    You sound like someone who enjoys the dragon lore much more than I do.

  6. #26
    I know it may be an unpopular opinion; but I want more Calia.
    I find the whole lightforged undead-thingy exciting

  7. #27
    Anduin is 100% involved in dragon flight. He needs healing, the best place is the dragon islands and a card game with Wrathion.

  8. #28
    Blizzard are probably looking to kill off some male leaders at this point to put women in positions of power so I can see them killing off Lor’themar, Genn, Malfurion ( He is not the leader but everyone sees him as a leader figure) They will eventually supplant Nozdormu with Chromie and Jaina could possibly become the new Khadgar.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sylvanas won't return that fast, I doubt it. There is apparently thousands of souls she has to retrieve first. Though, Anduin is likely, as he's just there of his free will.
    It'll be revealed that during a secret ceremony we never got to see while she was running around the Broken Isles in Legion she copied herself, and we get the same old Sylvanas from pre-SL stirring up shit again. Also Nathanos will be back for some reason.

  10. #30
    Banned TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Posts
    4,321
    Isn't Lady Liadrin's adopted daughter or some shit making an appearance now?
    I would assume that character is going to play a big part in the future

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Have you heard of our Lord and Saviour Sylvanas Windrunner? Queen of the Maw, Breaker of Domination Chains, Waifu of the Lead Writer.

    One of the billions of souls she is freeing down there will tell her a shocking and important secret so (against her wishes ofc) she leaves the Maw and returns to us in our hour of need to safe us from whatever is the enemy, like the true hero she always was (in Danuser's eyes)

    I am not even kidding. No way Danuser manages to write a story without her for 3 years.

    Otherwise, the Dragonflight characters are pretty much given. We have already seen that Alex is now wearing chaste nun clothing, because the showing of skin might upset some snowflake in Blizzards janitorial staff, so I expect a new model for Ysera too (if she can actually leave Ardenweald to be on Azeroth)

    I am personally hoping for Jaina and Thalyssra working together and the nightborne realizing how idiotic her judgement of the Alliance was, but that is probably me dreaming.
    @Gehco - this will happen, I agree with Raisei on this one.

    and I feel you on the Thalyssra bit too - I'm hoping for some measure of cross faction corporation, and I want Thalyssra to be at the heart of it, because the nightborne have deep connections with the Darnassian night elves that feel like an injustice not to be explored positively, Kirin'tor involvement and the Draenei - they are the perfect bridge - but I think despite it being long overdue, it's just my wishful thinking.

  12. #32
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,617
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Isn't Lady Liadrin's adopted daughter or some shit making an appearance now?
    I would assume that character is going to play a big part in the future
    Yeah, she's fresh out of the academy in 9.2.5.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Most likely we're going to witness a new leader for the Green Dragonflight until Ysera is reborn.
    We're going to see Wrathion try to re-establish the Black Dragonflight.
    We're going to see Kalecgos try to get to terms that he might need to take more charge in Blue Dragonflight, instead of hiding in Dalaran.
    We're going to see Tyrande dealing further with the Night Warrior blessing, as well as Elune's appearance as a vision.
    We're going to see the Infinite Dragonflight breaking through against the Bronze Dragonflight, Nozdormu in a pickle.
    We're hopefully going to be introduced to an updated Quel'thalas/Quel'danas after their little story in 9.2.5.
    We're most likely going to see Anduin return, not right away, but in a patch.

    All speculations, of course.
    I have a feeling Kalec would give up his blue flight leadership - There is the old blue in Azsuna - this would free Kalec to be more like Wrathion, our friend and do his Jaina thing - although Kalec and Jaina still feels more like some 4chan or tumblr bestiality thing - it is more on the creepy side than the fantasy enchanting side. but maybe a better Kalec model might help.

    Can babies even happen? Possibly with magical help - hmmm.. maybe some would be born humanoid, some more dragon - that could be interesting to explore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    I know it may be an unpopular opinion; but I want more Calia.
    I find the whole lightforged undead-thingy exciting
    What won you over? or have you always felt that? If they go down that line, I wonder if Jaina's undead brother would be made lightforged.

  14. #34
    Unfortunately, the same old that I'm personally sick of at this point, but finally without Sylvanas ... all the dragons, Wrathion, Khadgar, Jaina, Liadrin.

  15. #35
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    You sound like someone who enjoys the dragon lore much more than I do.
    We all have something in the game that we enjoy. For me, I hold enjoyment in seeing the story develop and go forward, Dragonlore, of course, is a small interest for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    It'll be revealed that during a secret ceremony we never got to see while she was running around the Broken Isles in Legion she copied herself, and we get the same old Sylvanas from pre-SL stirring up shit again. Also Nathanos will be back for some reason.
    Eh, if it was a copy of her, then Nathanos wouldn't be back, as he's in the Maw. If it was her, then she still need time to locate Nathanos' soul if they both were to return.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    @Gehco - this will happen, I agree with Raisei on this one.

    and I feel you on the Thalyssra bit too - I'm hoping for some measure of cross faction corporation, and I want Thalyssra to be at the heart of it, because the nightborne have deep connections with the Darnassian night elves that feel like an injustice not to be explored positively, Kirin'tor involvement and the Draenei - they are the perfect bridge - but I think despite it being long overdue, it's just my wishful thinking.
    I can give way to Thalyssra, as she needs further development, now being part of the council as well. But yeah, I would almost with certainty say, we won't see Sylvanas in 10. unless at the very end by some fuck-up writing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Genn dies --> Tess rebuilds Gilneas.
    Highly likely that if they're ever going to do something with Gilneas again it will happen under Tess and not Genn.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  17. #37
    Hopefully no lead NPC characters, at least not in the sense that we're used to. The faction leaders make for terrible leads, and they constantly get in the way of "our" stories. Let the faction leaders go back to governing their people and let us team up with more likeable NPCs so we can play out the stories of our own characters rather than being spectators. The end scene in Revendreth's storyline comes to mind where the player character has done all the heavy lifting and is then entirely absent from all the important stuff going on when you reach Denathrius. It's so jarring.

  18. #38
    All aspects will be the main characters obv, and Thrall will be there to help, since he was their green jesus and temporary earth warder. Wrathion and that tauren dude will probably show up for the black dragonflight.

  19. #39
    Immortal Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    7,013
    Arguing over the mechanics of bringing Sylvanas back is pointless when most of the player base are absolutely sick of her

  20. #40
    Nothing better happen to my boy Lor'themar. He's be a great leader since BC, even if quiet sometimes. He led the landing during Siege of Org.. and still Sylv from raising his people. He's been the best leader who doesn't want to be a leader. So he stays.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •