Poll: Would you buy Class Skins DLC?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I think that everyone(or at least a big part of the whole community) would like to see class skins, such as Green Fire quest for the warlocks.

There are plenty of options:
    -Dark Ranger for Hunters,
    -Necromancer for DK/Demo Lock(?),
    -Shadow Hunter for Shamans,
    -Blade Master for Warriors,
    -Blood Mages for Mages,
    -and plenty more

The games has changed. So I guess it'd be actually understandable to expect DLC from WoW in the future, especially that it was bought by Microsoft. It wouldn't hurt the gameplay, because it's just cosmetics.

So... Would you buy DLC Class skins? Why? Why not?
    No thanks.

All that should be earned within the game, not as DLC.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Since WoW both needs yopu to buy the xpack and pay a sub, no, paid DLC are just awful (like store crap) and this kind of things should be in game as side content.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

No. They should be something you can get by playing the game, not something from the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Lol... you think the server costs are why there is a sub fee.

Its called development costs. You are getting like 4 games right now for 15$ a month. And they aren't going to decrease the fee, just be glad they haven't increased it. Its ~30% cheaper than it would have been 15 years ago.
    What a load of shite. You get a teeny-tiny amount of thrice-over recycled and time gated content for 50+ bucks at launch and after paying 15 bucks for months you get a fraction of that in the patches. The only somewhat viable, albeit outdated, reason is that somehow they need to pay the operating costs and they aren't selling your data yet. The sub is mostly a remnant of the distant past these days. Nowadays a game has a way harder time to get away with it if it enters the market, while also selling/taxing ingame currencies and having ridiculously overpriced macro transactions on top of extremely overpriced service fees for stuff that used to be handled by GM tickets for free.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    If it was just a ‘skin’ I would agree… however, I can already see the marketing pitch: Play Necromancer now! (or Dark Ranger or whatever). That is not what people (who want a new class) want.
    It is "just" a skin. That's why it's called a class skin. It's a "skin" for a class.

You're really trying to insert something into this that just isn't there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding class skins to the in-game store would be beyond greedy. I wouldn't buy them no matter how cool they look, just like how I've never ever bought a store mount or a store pet. I refuse to do it. I already pay for the game, the expansion, and the subscription. And that's more than this game deserves most of the time.

I have no interest in cosmetics

I'd buy them.
    I'm not ignorant and understand just how much development for some of this stuff costs. So long as they're releasing some - preferably most of them - in game too, I don't care. It's 2022. People need to get over it already.

I'd probably buy Kyrian related stuff, Dark Ranger if it's accessible on Void Elf, and anything Drust related if I could use it on the non-KT model.
    I stopped playing competitively years ago. I just want to play dress up and have fun with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    DLC? are you serious? we already pay absurd for the game and still have a damn subscription and you want then to sell DLCs?

Is already too bad they sell mount and transmog in the shop, this is preposterous

Buying skins? NO.
    Earning them in game? YES.

15+ Year Old Account
    There should be ones that are free, by earning in-game, to complement ones that are sold. But it really isn't a big deal and most spell effects aren't noticed much after you see them for a few months. It really is just an extension of transmog to spell/ability models.

A skin that is locked into a certain armor and weapon model though wouldn't be a good idea because that is way to limiting. So it would really have to just be buying a different look for the spells and fluff. Otherwise you might as well just add an allied race that allows full customization rather then a skin that locks you into a specific look.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-16 at 05:11 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

>DLC for a subscription based game
    Are you high OP?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's just gold. I have millions from doing fuck all. What else am I gonna do with it? I already buy all the expansions and shit as it is. Hell I even bought Heroes lootboxes and Hearthstone cards when those games weren't dead. Spent MILLIONS on them. Hell I did on SC2 skins and I haven't played it in years. There's nothing left to buy so why not? If some whale wants to buy some with real money go ahead. I'm all for it- it only benefits me because I swim in gold and do nothing.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

2 bad ideas bundled into one. No thank you.

I prefer new classes than "pretend" classes.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The "it's just cosmetic" argument for cash shop additions is painful to listen to over and over. Warlock's Green Fire is a challenging solo quest that rewards you with an awesome cosmetic change and should be the benchmark for any type of Class Skin ever added in the future. It should be an in-game unlockable that requires a decent amount of effort, time and skill to unlock that proves some level of dedication to the class.

Yes not sure why it would be DLC though....

I dont know man already paying 13 bucks per mounth

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    2 bad ideas bundled into one. No thank you.

I prefer new classes than "pretend" classes.
    Exactly, very succinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.