Retail Max Camera vs Classic

Sorry if this has been asked previously or it's in the wrong forum but just wanted to check something. I am using the same macro on retail and classic to enlarge my camera distance:

/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6

However, when I hit macro and zoom out to the max range I can go out wayyy further in Classic than in Retail. I've checked cVAR in Advanced Interface Options addon too to check they're at the same value (2.6)

Am I dumb or should I be able to zoom out further in retail? I just feel so zoomed in compared to Classic. I also have UI scale ticked as 1.0 default.

Attached screenshots for evidence.

Classic

https://ibb.co/Z6BxhJY

Retail

https://ibb.co/4NN1FYG

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From Memory they Reduced the distance you could zoom out on Retail in WoD I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    From Memory they Reduced the distance you could zoom out on Retail in WoD I think.
    You're correct. There was a fairly big ruffling of feathers over it, and what we have on retail is a little further out than they originally wanted to let us. I still feel like it's too close, personally, but my RL is very observant and quick about saying when he sees things so I just sort of tolerate it. (Got off topic a bit there, sorry.)

10+ Year Old Account
    The macro got broken in retail because, if I recall correctly blizzards argument was; "We want everyone to be equal and we don't want players that don't know about this macro to be at a disadvantage"

Their exact words will differ, but I believe that was more or less it.
    It's a bit of a silly argument if you ask me. I think they could've just as well just let the in game slider do this for you or found some other way to support people that don't invest as much into outside research on the game. And to be honest, the people that didn't know were none the wiser anyway. They would either find out or not.. I don't believe it really negatively impacted them that much

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    The macro got broken in retail because, if I recall correctly blizzards argument was; "We want everyone to be equal and we don't want players that don't know about this macro to be at a disadvantage"
    I dont understand this reasoning,couldnt they just bake the macro in the camera slider?or is this another example of spaghetti code?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I dont understand this reasoning,couldnt they just bake the macro in the camera slider?or is this another example of spaghetti code?
    The reasoning is that they didn't want people to zoom out so far. It was even worse before they modified it, believe me.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!