Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Upcoming Class Tuning Changes to Survival Hunters and Destruction Warlocks

Upcoming Class Tuning Changes to Survival Hunters and Destruction Warlocks - April 19
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re currently working on a pair of class adjustments, with the intent of making these changes during scheduled weekly maintenance (Tuesday, April 19 in this region).

Hunter
    • Survival
      • Wildfire Cluster (Runecarving Power) explosions now deals reduced damage when striking beyond 8 targets.

Warlock
    • Destruction
      • Inferno (Talent) now has a reduced chance for Rain of Fire to generate Soul Shard Fragments when it deals damage beyond 5 targets (was 8).

In both cases, we’re deliberately making changes that will not affect either spec engaging with fewer than 8 targets. In the case of Survival Hunters, we want the Wildfire Cluster to remain an excellent Legendary choice in AoE situations, with damage that is more similar to other AOE abilities. For Destruction, we’re focusing on the synergy between Inferno and Rain of Fire that leads to a dramatic increase in damage with target count due to resource generation.

We’ll have the final changes noted in our hotfixes update next week.

After further investigation, we’re revisiting our adjustment to Destruction Warlock and lowering Inferno’s target threshold to 5. We’re finding that this synergy is still overperforming at 8 targets due to the resource generation and by adjusting this we avoid having to make changes that could affect Destruction’s lower target count output.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-04-16 at 01:40 AM.

Inb4 "fun detected" meme.

This is just reigning in overperforming specs in high target situations. This is fine.

These tuning notes should come with the disclaimer that if you're not in the MDI they will have almost no impact on you.

Or, just dont have a cap on AoE abilities in the first place. Was a dumb change.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly.. i fail to see why they have to ruin EVERY single bit of fun once something appears..

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    Honestly.. i fail to see why they have to ruin EVERY single bit of fun once something appears..
    This particular "fun" was being experienced by .00001% of the game's population. Nobody will miss it.

These were needed. If you look at dps done by spec in the really high keys, these 2 were doing 30+% more than the next highest. Anyone that didn't see this coming or is complaining, is not doing content where it'll even affect them.

So while i do think survival aoe might be a bit strong now. So is plenty of other classes.. so where are the balance druid nerfs etc?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    So while i do think survival aoe might be a bit strong now. So is plenty of other classes.. so where are the balance druid nerfs etc?
    Balance druid nerfs? Huh? They are middle of the pack at best.

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    Try having fun when you have a destro in your group and the big pull is deleted within mere seconds. I just experienced that in a +15. I pop wild spirits, the pack is dead after five seconds because the warlock pressed two buttons, 160k dps. There's a slight difference between fun and retarded. And it doesn't even need a specific setup or ramp up, the destro warlock just has to press rain of fire. It's only fun for the guy doing bajillions of dps.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-04-15 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Try having fun when you have a destro in your group and the big pull is deleted within mere seconds. I just experienced that in a +15. I pop wild spirits, the pack is dead after five seconds because the warlock pressed two buttons, 160k dps. There's a slight difference between fun and retarded. And it doesn't even need a specific setup or ramp up, the destro warlock just has to press rain of fire. It's only fun for the guy doing bajillions of dps.
    I love the tears of butthurt hunters calling other classes braindead

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Hey, I have to press two buttons. That's always 100% more than destro locks.

Hey, I have to press two buttons. That's always 100% more than destro locks.
    You've been pressing two buttons for years now, where Destru has this opportunity only this patch. Not that Destru is a hard spec to play, but hunters are hardly one to talk

You've been pressing two buttons for years now, where Destru has this opportunity only this patch. Not that Destru is a hard spec to play, but hunters are hardly one to talk
    My point isn't about the spec difficulty. It's about doing a retarded amount of damage so easily. I'm fine with demonology's damage because it requires some ramp up, planning and you can be heavily punished if your setup doesn't go well. I was fine with unholy dk doing an insane amount of dps in BfA for the same reasons. There are clear strenghts and clear drawbacks. I'm not fine with specs doing 150k dps by pressing one button.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-04-15 at 05:26 PM.

every class is braindead there are only some less brainless

My point isn't about the spec difficulty. It's about doing a retarded amount of damage so easily. I'm fine with demonology's damage because it requires some ramp up, planning and you can be heavily punished if your setup doesn't go well. I was fine with unholy dk doing an insane amount of dps in BfA for the same reasons. There are clear strenghts and clear drawbacks. I'm not fine with specs doing 150k dps by pressing one button.
    150k is not the norm, though. But yes, I agree that it should not be that easy to do massive damage. Still though, I'm glad Destru gets to play another talent than Cataclysm for once in 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this will change anything for Destruction, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Or, just dont have a cap on AoE abilities in the first place. Was a dumb change.
    Ironically, the biggest problem is that they DIDN'T cap all AoE. They capped some, and allowed others to be uncapped, and all the grief stems from that disparity.

So they DO admit that they focus on designing classes around 1 certain set of legendary items/covenants. Idealizing classes performance with X covenant/legendary item means they lied to us 100000000% when they said "covenants and legendary items wont afffect your gameplay drastically. Only 1%."

/spit

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    So they DO admit that they focus on designing classes around 1 certain set of legendary items/covenants. Idealizing classes performance with X covenant/legendary item means they lied to us 100000000% when they said "covenants and legendary items wont afffect your gameplay drastically. Only 1%."

/spit
    They never said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

/spit
    They never said that about legendaries - the contrary is true, if anything.

And as far as covenants go - Destruction can do what it does now with 3 covenant choices, either of which works, because that's not where the actual synergy that allows the damage is.