Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    The only mention of DW and Deepholm I could find were post WoE, by which he was obviously already completely corrupted, since he just betrayed his breathren via the creation of the demon soul. Not to mention the old gods are literally imprisoned in the earth itself, so for their corruption to reach him it would make even more sense if he just stayed on azeroth, because that is where the corruption is thickest. The elemental lords in their domains don't seem to care all that much about the old gods since their imprisonment, I don't see how those places would be especially corrupting to him or anyone for that matter.
    Blizzcon 2009 first WoW panel or potentially lore panel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leaker69 View Post
    Oh, I see what you are talking about. Deathwing got corrupted before being imprisoned in Deepholm, no?
    No. I said several times, Metzen said he spent a lot of time in Deepholm and due to the proximity to the earth, and the Old Gods being chained beneath the earth, he slowly got driven mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaker69 View Post
    If I am not mistaken Deepholm is even elemental plane, not just underground zone.
    I mean yeah, it is an elemental plane, but that doesn't mean it's not in the earth. You literally jump into the Maelstrom to get there. Metzen even said that Deathwing's eruption from Deepholm brings all of the elemental planes "up", or "down" in the case of Skywall.
    Last edited by cone of cold; 2022-04-17 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    Blizzcon 2009

When he introduced the entire story of Cataclysm.
    What Metzen says during the panel I'm looking at was that "Deathwing, given his proximity to the aspect of earth, spends a lot of time within the earth. Given his proximity way deep down there, he heard the whispers of the Old Gods." Metzen doesn't say anything about Deepholm until a few minutes later when he's talking about Deathwing actually causing the Cataclysm by erupting out of Deepholm. He never connects the Old God whispers directly with Deepholm. Not in this "introduction of the entire story of Cataclysm" that I'm watching.

Unless there's a different "introduction of the entire story of Cataclysm" given by Metzen at Blizzcon 2009 that I'm somehow missing.

Blizzcon 2009 first WoW panel or potentially lore panel

- - - Updated - - -

No. I said several times, Metzen said he spent a lot of time in Deepholm and due to the proximity to the earth, and the Old Gods being chained beneath the earth, he slowly got driven mad.

I mean yeah, it is an elemental plane, but that doesn't mean it's not in the earth. You literally jump into the Maelstrom to get there. Metzen even said that Deathwing's eruption from Deepholm brings all of the elemental planes "up", or "down" in the case of Skywall.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6toj...0680759078ACBC 3:50 It is not connected. Meaning Deepholm and Underground.
    Last edited by Leaker69; 2022-04-17 at 03:36 PM.

I mean yeah, it is an elemental plane, but that doesn't mean it's not in the earth. You literally jump into the Maelstrom to get there.
    Again, Deepholm isn't a physical location within Azeroth any more than the other elemental planes are. Just because the aperture through which you enter Deepholm is the Maelstrom doesn't mean that Deepholm is beneath the Maelstrom. It's a portal, the same way that the gateways to the other elemental planes are portals.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Again, Deepholm isn't a physical location within Azeroth any more than the other elemental planes are. Just because the aperture through which you enter Deepholm is the Maelstrom doesn't mean that Deepholm is beneath the Maelstrom. It's a portal, the same way that the gateways to the other elemental planes are portals.
    I haven't played Shaman during Legion, doesn't Maelstrom has some connection to elemental planes? I know they had Order Hall there.

Again, Deepholm isn't a physical location within Azeroth any more than the other elemental planes are.
    It literally is. You go through the Maelstrom deep into the earth and enter Deepholm.

It literally is. You go through the Maelstrom deep into the earth and enter Deepholm.
    It is disconnected from 'normal' world. Sort of like Shadowlands are in their own place and not literally in the sky above Ice Crown.

It literally is not.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It's literally not, my man. There's no better way to explain this. Look it up yourself if you don't believe me. The elemental planes are distinctly separate from the physical world of Azeroth. Going through the Maelstrom is not diving deep into the earth. It's dropping through a breach between the physical plane and the elemental plane.

Ok so Metzen doesn't outright say that the he got corrupted while in Deepholm.

https://youtu.be/6tojYbaPEyQ?t=288

But he says that the whispers of the Old Gods in recent years have gotten worse and worse and that he spent his time recently in his "bachelor pad" in Deepholm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    What has happened in recent years is that the whispers of the Old Gods have gotten worse. The power of the Old Gods as seen rising with C'thun and Yogg-Saron, (there are more) their power has magnified Deathwing's power, you know, tenfold. He's a very, very powerful dude these days. And what has happened to spark the Cataclysm is that Deathwing, with his bachelor pad, in the plane of earth, that we called Deepholm, Deathwing has awoken from his slumber and literally erupted into the world.
    So if the Old God's whispers in recent years have gotten worse, and the rise of C'thun and Yogg-Saron have empowered him so much, that his power increased tenfold, which are events that occurred in Classic and WotLK, and he has spent his time recently in Deepholm, having slumbered there, then that means that the Old Gods' influence reaches him in Deepholm. And that's before he brings the elemental planes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Afrasiabi
    When Deathwing breaches the world, as Chris is saying, he actually does something so, so massive, that he actually brings up all of the elemental planes, or down, in the case of Skywall.
    The reason he slumbered in Deepholm in the first place was because of his defeat in Day of the Dragon, which was way before WoW Classic. It's the empowerment of the Old Gods, that has him erupt out of Deepholm.

It's literally not, my man. There's no better way to explain this. Look it up yourself if you don't believe me. The elemental planes are distinctly separate from the physical world of Azeroth. Going through the Maelstrom is not diving deep into the earth. It's dropping through a breach between the physical plane and the elemental plane.
    They might have been before, but they weren't after Deathwing brought them up. And even before they were up, the Old Gods' influence was able to reach him in Deepholm.
    Last edited by cone of cold; 2022-04-17 at 04:15 PM.

Well, Evoker would at least be dragon-related.
    Why?

/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Why?

/10 char
    OPs idea would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncaller Alanna View Post
    Initially I thought the Evoker would probably be too similar to a Mage, and it probably will be somewhat similar. But looking at concept art like that of Dragoncaller Alanna, I got to say, I can see the class coming together.

When you look at the picture, you can see the dragon she is summoning is actually one made of fire. The idea of summoning dragons was a bit too weird to me, but if they are dragons made of fire or ice, that charge at the enemy as part of an attack, similar to the Phoenix spell from Mages, I can see that as a new class.

Also the lore apparently has now been retconned to dragons being elementals. With that, it makes even more sense, that an Evoker would use elemental magic and call on elemental dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to look at Dragoncaller Alanna's Hearthstone page, and this is what I saw.

Case closed. Evokers are way too close to Mages thematically, and even Blizzard knows it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You guys are really off. An Evoker would be nothing like a Mage or a Dragon.

If recent lore is anything to go by, then Evoker is a Witch. Or, in other words, a Shadow Hunter:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Crimsonwood_Evoker
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Briarwood_Evoker
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Drust_Evoker

Evoke
    invoke (a spirit or deity).
    "Akasha is evoked in India when a house is being built to ensure its completion".

Probably expect playable Vrykuls alongside it.
    One of the Drust classes literally says Evoker:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Drust
    That's an "invoker" though as in "invokation", as in a summoner. Evokers, in classic rpgs tends to be those sorts of spellcasters who focus on damage dealing spells, such as fireballs or lightning bolts.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I went to look at Dragoncaller Alanna's Hearthstone page, and this is what I saw.

Case closed. Evokers are way too close to Mages thematically, and even Blizzard knows it.
    I said the same thing.

You are confusing some things. Apes are a category, to which we humans also belong. Monkeys are our cousins. We share common ancestors.

In WoW modern dragons evolved from stone dragons, but stone dragons still exist.

Our ancestors don't exist anymore. Because they are our ancestors.
    Your parents are dead? My condolences.
    More to the point, "they are our ancestors" is not a reason for them to be dead. Not all common ancestors have died out, especially for species that only evolved recently. Humans lived alongside their ancestor species for a while.

There's no issue with Stone Dragons still existing. In particular because the place they exist is their original enviroment, which lacks the evolutionary pressures that caused the change to Protodragons.

They actually follow evolution correctly.

15+ Year Old Account
    They might have been before, but they weren't after Deathwing brought them up. And even before they were up, the Old Gods' influence was able to reach him in Deepholm.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dee...Realm_of_Earth
    Aggra says: It was shattered when Deathwing broke through the dome above and created the rift between the two worlds. All of Deepholm is going to collapse into Azeroth if we do not put the World Pillar back together.
    Part 4 at https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wor...Fist_of_Ra-den
    " He worked alongside the titan-forged sorceress Helya to create a pocket dimension that would be known as the Elemental Plane. It included four domains, representing the four elements: fire, air, earth, and water. Into this prison realm, Ra and Helya banished the elemental lords and almost all of their servants.
    It created a rift between the two. It weakend the barrier between the dimensions that the Titans created to lock the elementals away.
    They weren't brought up or down from a physical location on Azeroth. They were "materialized" from where ever they existed in the dimension created by Ra and Helya. They could have manifested anywhere on Azeroth. It is also why the launch event for Cataclysm was an Elemental Invasion with portals (even in Outland) showing up. They weren't tied to a specific spot because the elemental plane is its own dimension.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

OPs idea would be.
    That's a fire mage:

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's an "invoker" though as in "invokation", as in a summoner. Evokers, in classic rpgs tends to be those sorts of spellcasters who focus on damage dealing spells, such as fireballs or lightning bolts.
    This is what Blizzard set up themselves, recently.
    You think they'll just throw it away?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's no issue with Stone Dragons still existing. In particular because the place they exist is their original enviroment, which lacks the evolutionary pressures that caused the change to Protodragons.
    It isn't fair to call it their original environment when the Elemental Plane is a prison. Azeroth was their original environment.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Your parents are dead? My condolences.
    They actually are, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They weren't brought up or down from a physical location on Azeroth. They were "materialized" from where ever they existed in the dimension created by Ra and Helya.
    They literally said they were brought up.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a fire mage:
    That's not an elemental dragon charging the enemy.

That's the head of an elemental dragon breathing fire.

There's room for more spells that go in that direction.