Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Another elf hero class, OP even says "second most requested behind high elves".

You ever elf so elf you elved all the other elves into elfing up a new elf class?

you guys got demon hunters, void elves, suramar elves all within the last few years. Shut up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because they are at best, a hunter spec, dark ranger is just normal ranger with extra edgy using some dark magic stuff, that can be given to current hunters and be done with it.

Yeah the wc3 unit is different because sylvanus was a banshee on top of it

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Except dark rangers are literally just undead elven hunters.
    Except Death Knights are literally just undead human paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The Dragonflight leak class skin did a decent job of presenting a Dark Ranger. Have em be Hunters with new spell visuals and have Undead pets instead of Beasts. Even with differences in pets, the overall DPS should be fairly balanced and comparable to standard Hunter gameplay, without having to be exactly 1:1.

Even if a fake leak, the concept works IMO.
    Who says they'd summon Undead beasts?
    How do you get over the dual wielding aspect?
    What about all the shadowy abilities that are akin to Subtlety Rogues. Can Hunters do that?
    Can Hunters manipulate their enemies like a Shadow Priest?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Because the class system is too restrictive and there isnt 3 specs worth of dark ranger to add to the game. They are also incredibly niche lorewise being solely sylvanas's elite warriors, which maybe it makes sense now but in the past ... no.
    Like Illidan's elite Warriors? Or, perhaps, the Lich King's?

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    We really do not need ANOTHER elf exclusive class. Maybe if it were rolled into the same spec as Shadow Hunters and Priestesses of the Moon you might have an angle, but otherwise it's just more favoritism for an already oversaturated set of races.
    Shadow Hunters has nothing to do with Dark Rangers.
    As for racial diversity, you can check out this thread:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Future-Classes

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Another elf hero class, OP even says "second most requested behind high elves".

You ever elf so elf you elved all the other elves into elfing up a new elf class?

you guys got demon hunters, void elves, suramar elves all within the last few years. Shut up.
    When will you advocate for Shadow Hunters already?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because they are at best, a hunter spec, dark ranger is just normal ranger with extra edgy using some dark magic stuff, that can be given to current hunters and be done with it.

Yeah the wc3 unit is different because sylvanus was a banshee on top of it
    Except the Hunter can't do a lot of the things a Dark Ranger can. Would you add a shit ton of new abilities to the Hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a class skin or a set of customization options for elves, absolutely. No reason not to. But as a separate class they're not unique enough.

They haven't been added as a cosmetic because they're keeping em in their pocket for a future class, obv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Except the Hunter can't do a lot of the things a Dark Ranger can. Would you add a shit ton of new abilities to the Hunter?
    Because the dark ranger in the rts was also a banshee, unlike your character.

you only need to add dark arrow back

Because the dark ranger in the rts was also a banshee, unlike your character.

you only need to add dark arrow back
    It is much more than that.
    And there's nothing wrong with us being Banshees.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Not really true. Especially if they draw on Slyvannas skills set and new Shadowlands lore. There's definitely room for Blizzard to carve out some specs.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with most of your points but not this one.

If they draw on Slyvannas as a model, bring in maw stuff, Shadowlands stuff, general Forsaken stiff (blight etc etc). Blizzard can probably get enough material for a class.

Blizzard have in the past taken skills form existing classes and added new lore to more round out a class.
    I agree with almost all your points but one. What is shadowlands? That nevera happened, sounds like a N'zonth induced dream *wink wink*

Dime skills would be overlaped with BM and MM, but ir could work as a class. A class skin for MM would work better tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

7+ Year Old Account
    It is much more than that.
    And there's nothing wrong with us being Banshees.
    There is, banshe is not a playable race neither a class.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I agree with almost all your points but one. What is shadowlands? That nevera happened, sounds like a N'zonth induced dream *wink wink*

Dime skills would be overlaped with BM and MM, but ir could work as a class. A class skin for MM would work better tough.
    I do think a class skin makes more sense, or well would be my preference.

I'm just saying i think if Blizzard wanted to there's plenty of inspiration and lore that could be drawn on to round out the class.

- - - Updated - - -

"Dark Rangers studying the Necromancy used by the scourge learnt to use the powers of a Banshee like Slyvannas"

Seems like a pretty simple lore justification to allow Dark Rangers to turn into a Banshee form and have abilities based around screaming powers.

Blizzard have always amended and added to lore to make a playable class more viable. I don't think Dark Rangers learning to do new necromancy tricks is all that hard to square away.

Edit: I mean literally any Dark Ranger class is going to use Slyvannas as a model so I expect Banshee shit to liberal added.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-04-16 at 03:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do think a class skin makes more sense, or well would be my preference.

I'm just saying i think if Blizzard wanted to there's plenty of inspiration and lore that could be drawn on to round out the class.

- - - Updated - - -

"Dark Rangers studying the Necromancy used by the scourge learnt to use the powers of a Banshee like Slyvannas"

Seems like a pretty simple lore justification to allow Dark Rangers to turn into a Banshee form and have abilities based around screaming powers.
    You can't "learn how to do things like a banshe do" you have to die and be turn into a banshee, its something even more severe than dying and becoming a death knight.

If you are a "banshee class" you are not "dark ranger"

Edit: I mean literally any Dark Ranger class is going to use Slyvannas as a model so I expect Banshee shit to liberal added.
    That sure would be an awful class, like the community is not sick of Sylvanus already

there is many other classes to be added, especially a proper necromancer, before revisiting old classes to do others.

You can't "learn how to do things like a banshe do" you have to die and be turn into a banshee, its something even more severe than dying and becoming a death knight.

If you are a "banshee class" you are not "dark ranger
    "
    Literally Slyvannas is both.

Dark Rangers are already dead? Why can't they have a ritual done where they gain Banshee powers :L

- - - Updated - - -

That sure would be an awful class, like the community is not sick of Sylvanus already

there is many other classes to be added, especially a proper necromancer, before revisiting old classes to do others.
    She's one of the most marketable characters? What are you in about

The fuck did I say I wanted them added now?

Me saying your wrong about Dark Rangers not being able to be a class isn't advocacy for said class.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-04-16 at 04:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    She's one of the most marketable characters? What are you in about
    source

10/chars;

source

10/chars;
    She's been a central character for the marketing the last three expansions. She had a book that's literally named after her. The ceaseless merchandise of her. Any time she appears in screens at live events people cheer.

Like I don't have a statistical breakdown. Pretty obvious blizzard think she's one of their main marketable characters.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-04-16 at 04:35 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This could easily be solved by giving dark rangers a banshee backround. Or something they can learn.

I dont care which way they go with it, but saying emo hunters or just hunters with black arrow is frankly just showing you have no imagination.

Wether you just rage cus elf stuff in dark rangers. Just give them to night elves and humans, blood elves and forsaken. It could work in different ways.. microclass stuff, cosmetic stuff or just allied race bs.

You would think by now.. some people have atleast read or heard about the new sylvanas fight in terms of skills or HoTS. Or the tons of concepts, this is not about if you like it or not its about enough meat and it really is not hard to imagine a dark ranger in some shape or form, without even needing to use excisting hunter abillities.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-04-16 at 04:42 PM.

Dark Rangers are boring. Sorry, I just think they are. I'd rather they use resources into designing a fun and unique class rather than a reskin of a hunter for only forsaken or blood elves?

No hate if you do like them. You like what you like. But for me it's a stinking big... nah.

They haven't been added yet because Blizzard rests on its 20 year old laurels.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Because the class system is too restrictive and there isnt 3 specs worth of dark ranger to add to the game. They are also incredibly niche lorewise being solely sylvanas's elite warriors, which maybe it makes sense now but in the past ... no.
    Spec 1: Dark Ranger. Spec 2: Darker Ranger. Spec 3: Darkest Ranger.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Who says they'd summon Undead beasts?
    How do you get over the dual wielding aspect?
    What about all the shadowy abilities that are akin to Subtlety Rogues. Can Hunters do that?
    Can Hunters manipulate their enemies like a Shadow Priest?
    The Dragonflight Leak has Undead pets instead of Beasts.
    Swap their Auto Attack animations and allow transmog
    Class skins would reskin all spell effects to shadowy powers, similar to the Legendary Bow and Quiver providing new effects.
    No, but neither have any Dark Rangers that have been introduced in WoW. Seems like domination magic and possession was unique to Sylvanas, much like her Banshee Form.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a dark rangers you are already dead.. or they could just give new created dark rangers this backround. Or some ritual they have to do.. finding your body or what ever.

Banshee is not a class.. it never was and is not the intention. It has been a backround thing for Sylvanas and could also be introduced as a skill set for new rangers.

Why make it so hard?