Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    There is, banshe is not a playable race neither a class.
    It doesn't need to be. You just use banshee-inspired abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You can't "learn how to do things like a banshe do" you have to die and be turn into a banshee, its something even more severe than dying and becoming a death knight.

If you are a "banshee class" you are not "dark ranger"
    A Death Knight cannot do things a Lich can? Or a Dreadlord? Heck, they even got the anti-magic shell ability of Banshees.

That sure would be an awful class, like the community is not sick of Sylvanus already

there is many other classes to be added, especially a proper necromancer, before revisiting old classes to do others.
    If that's the reason, just say it out loud.
    Don't hide it behind false pretense.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The Dragonflight Leak has Undead pets instead of Beasts.
    Swap their Auto Attack animations and allow transmog
    Class skins would reskin all spell effects to shadowy powers, similar to the Legendary Bow and Quiver providing new effects.
    No, but neither have any Dark Rangers that have been introduced in WoW. Seems like domination magic and possession was unique to Sylvanas, much like her Banshee Form.
    You're still sticking to leaks? They've clearly retconned out most of the Undead minions from Sylvanas. Let alone beasts.
    No amount of transmog allows you to dual-wield all of the sudden.
    It's not just spell effects. Can Hunters use all of the abilities Sylvanas presents? https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations
    Manipulation was way before Domination was introduced. Look at WC3 and HotS.

The Dragonflight leak class skin did a decent job of presenting a Dark Ranger. Have em be Hunters with new spell visuals and have Undead pets instead of Beasts. Even with differences in pets, the overall DPS should be fairly balanced and comparable to standard Hunter gameplay, without having to be exactly 1:1.

Even if a fake leak, the concept works IMO.
    And Who will get it? the undeads or the blood elfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    And Who will get it? the undeads or the blood elfs?
    Since its a class skin, could be given to both

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You're still sticking to leaks? They've clearly retconned out most of the Undead minions from Sylvanas. Let alone beasts.
    No amount of transmog allows you to dual-wield all of the sudden.
    It's not just spell effects. Can Hunters use all of the abilities Sylvanas presents? https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations
    Manipulation was way before Domination was introduced. Look at WC3 and HotS.
    You asked where the information comes from and I merely answered. Do I believe the leaks to be true? No. But it doesn't mean we can't talk about the concept.
    Artifacts were basically elaborate transmogs. Guardian Druid had claws as their artifact, and they normally don't dual wield either.
    Sylvanas was uniquely explained in lore to source the Maw's powers, and implied to be gifted certain powers by the Jailer. How do current Dark Rangers use that same power?
    Yes, it predated Domination, and yet was unique to Sylvanas after all this time. Ever seen Nathanos or any other DR use manipulation?

Quote Originally Posted by caliphax View Post
    I'd rather they use resources into designing a fun and unique class rather than a reskin of a hunter for only forsaken or blood elves?
    sure, how about... dark ranger?
    bcs that is about as much reskin of hunter as gnome with engineering is reskin of tinker or balance druid with moonkin off is a reskin of mage...

literaly only thing DR have in common with hunter is bow, thats like saying arms war and unholy dk and ret paladin are the same bcs they use 2h weapon...
    just bcs YOU cant imagine dark ranger being different enough from hunter doesnt make it similar, it just means your imagination is shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Because the class system is too restrictive and there isnt 3 specs worth of dark ranger to add to the game. They are also incredibly niche lorewise being solely sylvanas's elite warriors, which maybe it makes sense now but in the past ... no.
    3 specs isn't some golden rule.

DH played out pretty well for only having 2 specs, so I mean (even aside from that silly leak) - single spec classes don't look like outside realm of possibility.

Dark Ranger is a cool concept and I'd probably prefer to have it as a separate class, rather than some Marksmanship skin, but then there are also half a dozen other class choices that are equally good.

What does go for it, and few other picks, is that a new Ranged class is long overdue.

You asked where the information comes from and I merely answered. Do I believe the leaks to be true? No. But it doesn't mean we can't talk about the concept.
    Artifacts were basically elaborate transmogs. Guardian Druid had claws as their artifact, and they normally don't dual wield either.
    Main hand and off-hand. Still doesn't break the rules.

Sylvanas was uniquely explained in lore to source the Maw's powers, and implied to be gifted certain powers by the Jailer. How do current Dark Rangers use that same power?
    That's what usually happens with classes. Our Death Knights are no Lich Kings. Our Demon Hunters did not consume the Skull of Gul'dan.

Yes, it predated Domination, and yet was unique to Sylvanas after all this time. Ever seen Nathanos or any other DR use manipulation?
    Charm (Ultimate)
    Takes control of a target enemy unit.
    Charm cannot be used on Heroes, or creeps above level 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Except dark rangers are literally just undead elven hunters.
    no they're not. they twist nature into shadow energy, they raise the undead and cast spells. They would be a mix between afflic lock, unholy dk, and MM hunter.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Main hand and off-hand. Still doesn't break the rules.

That's what usually happens with classes. Our Death Knights are no Lich Kings. Our Demon Hunters did not consume the Skull of Gul'dan.

Charm (Ultimate)
    Takes control of a target enemy unit.
    Charm cannot be used on Heroes, or creeps above level 5.
    Class skins can be defined any which way

If they allow gameplay variables like having undead pets, then I don't see there being limits on weapon type availability, race availability.

As for Charm, I've explained this seems unique to Sylvanas. I've never seen any Dark Rangers use Banshee form other than Sylvanas either, and wouldn't expect a class skin requiring it at all.

Class skins can be defined any which way

If they allow gameplay variables like having undead pets, then I don't see there being limits on weapon type availability, race availability.
    Considering Hunters can tame Undead beasts in Shadowlands, it doesn't seem like a class-breaking feature. Though, Dark Rangers would not have Undead pets.

As for Charm, I've explained this seems unique to Sylvanas. I've never seen any Dark Rangers use Banshee form other than Sylvanas either, and wouldn't expect a class skin requiring it at all.
    Literally every WC3 Dark Ranger used it.
    This means Anya Eversong, Clea Deathstrider and Cyndia Hawkspear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    no they're not. they twist nature into shadow energy, they raise the undead and cast spells. They would be a mix between afflic lock, unholy dk, and MM hunter.
    That is 100% headcanon. In the lore, they are simply undead hunters.

They are literally Helf Rangers that have raised as banshees. Hunters = Rangers in terms of game mechanics.

They are literally just Forsaken Hunters, but afaik the only real problem here is you cant create banshee forsaken, or elf forsaken in game...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    it just means your imagination is shit
    Your comprehension of Lore and Game Mechanics are shit.

Dark Rangers are literally Helf rangers raised as banshee. Rangers=Hunter in terms of game mechanics.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    They are literally Helf Rangers that have raised as banshees. Hunters = Rangers in terms of game mechanics.

They are literally just Forsaken Hunters, but afaik the only real problem here is you cant create banshee forsaken, or elf forsaken in game...

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Rangers are literally Helf rangers raised as banshee. Rangers=Hunter in terms of game mechanics.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    An elven ranger who dies and returns as a Forsaken undergoes a great shock. She can no longer cast elven ranger spells and loses her woodland stride ability. While some may choose to let things be, most immediately seek out a dark ranger to relearn their arts.

An elven ranger seeking to convert to a dark ranger must, of course, have died, returned as a Forsaken, and seek to learn the arts of the shadow rather than the wild. This ordeal is difficult, as the dark ranger must twist everything she was taught about nature to start learning her darker trade. Then comes the hard part. A dark ranger-to-be must undergo a lengthy trial, where she unlearns everything she was taught as an elf and learns the new arts of a Forsaken.

they aren't just hunters.. as shown in game with sylvanas and her rangers. they all use shadow and necromantic energy
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2022-04-16 at 08:13 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Considering Hunters can tame Undead beasts in Shadowlands, it doesn't seem like a class-breaking feature. Though, Dark Rangers would not have Undead pets.
    Yeah but the leak wasn't referring to Undead beasts, and neither am I. I was making a point that if we use this leak as a frame of reference for what a Dark Ranger class skin could allow differently from Hunters, then there is room for more difference for things like Race and Weapon choices.

Literally every WC3 Dark Ranger used it.
    This means Anya Eversong, Clea Deathstrider and Cyndia Hawkspear.
    None of them use this in WoW, or in the campaigns.

And you're using Multiplayer to point out your example, which isn't canon. Night Elves could also hire Pitlords as mercenaries in multiplayer. Doesn't make it canon.

I make the same points about Tinkers. Despite being in WC3, they are not actually canonized in WoW. Mekkatorque is the closes by having 'High Tinker' as his title, but that is more like a leadership role. Otherwise, Gazlowe even in the WC3 campaign is referred to as an Engineer, not a Tinker. So Tinker canonically is a synonym for Engineer, until Blizzard ever chooses to change or update that definition.

Canonically speaking, Sylvanas has been the only Dark Ranger ever shown capable of using Charm and Banshee powers. Blizzard could change that if they wish, but I am being clear to make the point that right now no other Dark Ranger has been shown using Sylvanas' specific powers.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-16 at 08:15 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don’t know if you've gone through the sylvanas book but as some one will doubtless bring it up at some point it says the dark rangers had some spell cast them them so they wouldn’t ever rot, they are still just undead hunters how ever with no other bell or whistles incase some One try’s to claim the book says other wise.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Pretty sure you could mix in sub rogues in there as well.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

This is what the Game needs. After all the horrible Sylvanas' writing, we get the Sylvanas Class (skin).

Just give MM Black Arrow back and tame an Undead Pet as an Void Elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I could be wrong but I don’t believe there are any banshee dark rangers other then sylvanas, the recent book frames the banshees and rangers as two distinct groups and the rangers just had some spell put on them to keep them fresh for ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    An elven ranger who dies and returns as a Forsaken undergoes a great shock. She can no longer cast elven ranger spells and loses her woodland stride ability. While some may choose to let things be, most immediately seek out a dark ranger to relearn their arts.

An elven ranger seeking to convert to a dark ranger must, of course, have died, returned as a Forsaken, and seek to learn the arts of the shadow rather than the wild. This ordeal is difficult, as the dark ranger must twist everything she was taught about nature to start learning her darker trade. Then comes the hard part. A dark ranger-to-be must undergo a lengthy trial, where she unlearns everything she was taught as an elf and learns the new arts of a Forsaken.

they aren't just hunters.. as shown in game with sylvanas and her rangers. they all use shadow and necromantic energy
    this is from the RPG it is not cannon to wow in any way shape or form. in wow they are hunters.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

It must hurt to be so wrong and not understand the concept of the class you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    It must hurt to be so wrong and not understand the concept of the class you are talking about.
    I'll say I'm all in support of a Dark Ranger class, and I think they can be considered a separate class if Blizzard goes out of their way to make it so.

But it's very true that right now, as far as WoW lore is concerned, Dark Rangers are simply applied as a name for Darkfallen and undead Night Elf Hunters in the lore. The lore has made no distinction between Rangers and Hunters, and have actually incorporated them all under the same organization through the Unseen Path.

Lore wise, Rangers and Dark Rangers are treated as being a type of Hunter.

they r a really good 4th spec for rougues or class skin, nothing more. don't see then good enough to be a full new class. also, another exclusive elf class? please?!
    but blizz can think in a different way.
    but no, they don't deserve to be a new class. but maybe april 19, theres a chance