Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ...
6
46
54
55
56
  1. #1101
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Though it is cool, this is a slap in the face to the player base who wanted Dark Ranger, I would have taken a single spec DPS class if they really wanted to be lazy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I and many others would have rather had a class even if a single spec.
    I absolutely 100% agree with you, This is pure lazyness on Blizz's behalf and is a concurent stepping stone to think this is how they could treat future class ideas like Tinker/Necro and Spellblade or whatever...
    Last edited by Kiriastrasza; 2022-06-05 at 11:27 AM.

  2. #1102
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,913
    So glad they went this route. Dark Ranger as its own class was a dreadful idea.

    And lookie lookie, again it is elf players who get a completely unique customization option, yet they are sad we are not getting another elf-centric class when we already got Demon Hunter. Elf players are never happy.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2022-06-05 at 12:53 PM.

  3. #1103
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    So glad they went this route. Dark Ranger as its own class was a dreadful idea.

    And lookie lookie, again it is elf players who get a completely unique customization option, yet they are sad we are not getting another elf-centric class when we already got Demon Hunter. Elf players are never happy.
    Yeah, if you really think about it, there wasn't much room for a DR to expand that wouldn't step all over the toes of the Hunter and Rogue classes. Also I don't feel that the community could stomach more Sylvanas, or another Elven-based class.

    I think moving forward, this was the best option. I believe that Blizzard will use this opportunity to enhance the Hunter and Rogue classes with some DR abilities.

  4. #1104
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    So glad they went this route. Dark Ranger as its own class was a dreadful idea.

    And lookie lookie, again it is elf players who get a completely unique customization option, yet they are sad we are not getting another elf-centric class when we already got Demon Hunter. Elf players are never happy.
    You mock but why should we as playerbase content with half arsed implementations Darkfallyn could have been at LEAST another spec for Hunter/Mage and so fourth but alas people only seem to be content on nitpicking at eachother over something as pathetic as what race someone plays, so sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, if you really think about it, there wasn't much room for a DR to expand that wouldn't step all over the toes of the Hunter and Rogue classes. Also I don't feel that the community could stomach more Sylvanas, or another Elven-based class.

    I think moving forward, this was the best option. I believe that Blizzard will use this opportunity to enhance the Hunter and Rogue classes with some DR abilities.
    Again I disagree, a 4th spec along with the Skins would have been the LEAST they could do, Will you be happy if they do this to Tinker?

  5. #1105
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    You mock but why should we as playerbase content with half arsed implementations Darkfallyn could have been at LEAST another spec for Hunter/Mage and so fourth but alas people only seem to be content on nitpicking at eachother over something as pathetic as what race someone plays, so sad.
    Because there are a dozen other races that get nothing, yet after you get DH still you want more. Greed.

  6. #1106
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Because there are a dozen other races that get nothing, yet after you get DH still you want more. Greed.
    Maybe... maybe just maybe instead of acting out and belittling others, you could form threads and suggestions of your own and get like minded people pushing more stuff for the races/classes you like to play instead of blaming the players who actually are vocal about what they want to see in the game they enjoy.

    Look inwards at your issues don't blame others and be vocal about what you want or you wont get anything at all.

  7. #1107
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Again I disagree, a 4th spec along with the Skins would have been the LEAST they could do
    I don't feel that 4th spec is necessary given what we're seeing from the talent trees. You're probably going to get 1-2 DR talents in the Hunter tree, and 2-3 DR talents in the MM tree, giving you the opportunity to really make your character feel like a Dark Ranger. You might even see Black Arrow or Wailing Arrow being baseline in the MM spec.

    Will you be happy if they do this to Tinker?
    I honestly wouldn't care.

  8. #1108
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Maybe... maybe just maybe instead of acting out and belittling others, you could form threads and suggestions of your own and get like minded people pushing more stuff for the races/classes you like to play instead of blaming the players who actually are vocal about what they want to see in the game they enjoy.

    Look inwards at your issues don't blame others and be vocal about what you want or you wont get anything at all.
    Having an opinion that you disagree with is not the definition of acting out. Dark ranger as a class was a bad idea.

  9. #1109
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't feel that 4th spec is necessary given what we're seeing from the talent trees. You're probably going to get 1-2 DR talents in the Hunter tree, and 2-3 DR talents in the MM tree, giving you the opportunity to really make your character feel like a Dark Ranger. You might even see Black Arrow or Wailing Arrow being baseline in the MM spec.



    I honestly wouldn't care.
    Forgive me if I am sceptical about you not caring, as for the Talents there's no proof as of yet whether these abilities will make the cut as talents, even then a Hunter is still heavily Nature based and it just doesnt feel right, to me.

    You can't really be sure of anything and Blizz's half arsed compromises concerns me, I've seen a game I loved in the past die so easily after 1 patch so forgive me remaining cautious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Having an opinion that you disagree with is not the definition of acting out. Dark ranger as a class was a bad idea.
    In your opinion, Im sure there are others who will disagree with you.

  10. #1110
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Maybe... maybe just maybe instead of acting out and belittling others, you could form threads and suggestions of your own and get like minded people pushing more stuff for the races/classes you like to play instead of blaming the players who actually are vocal about what they want to see in the game they enjoy.

    Look inwards at your issues don't blame others and be vocal about what you want or you wont get anything at all.
    Having an opinion that you disagree with is not the definition of acting out. Dark ranger as a class was a bad idea. They are like the shadow hunters and Kor'kron just the elite guards of their respective race that uses multiple different classes to match their racial leader.

  11. #1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Having an opinion that you disagree with is not the definition of acting out. Dark ranger as a class was a bad idea. They are like the shadow hunters and Kor'kron just the elite guards of their respective race that uses multiple different classes to match their racial leader.
    Again, in your opinion and thats all it is, your opinion in the grand scheme of things none of our opinions mean anything.

  12. #1112
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Forgive me if I am sceptical about you not caring,
    I completely understand your skepticism. However, I am being honest in that regard. I may even follow your example and change my name to something more draconic.

    as for the Talents there's no proof as of yet whether these abilities will make the cut as talents, even then a Hunter is still heavily Nature based and it just doesnt feel right, to me.
    Well I don't believe that MM is very nature based. MM's rotation is Steady Shot, Aimed Shot, Double Tap, Arcane shot, etc. Serpent Sting is really the only nature-based ability, and it fits right in with the concept of a dark ranger. You can easily slide some shadow-based shots in there.

  13. #1113
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Again, in your opinion and thats all it is, your opinion in the grand scheme of things none of our opinions mean anything.
    I never said your opinion was bad. You quoted me to say my opinion was bad, even called it pathetic.

    So you are not the nice one here.

  14. #1114
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I completely understand your skepticism. However, I am being honest in that regard. I may even follow your example and change my name to something more draconic.



    Well I don't believe that MM is very nature based. MM's rotation is Steady Shot, Aimed Shot, Double Tap, Arcane shot, etc. Serpent Sting is really the only nature-based ability, and it fits right in with the concept of a dark ranger. You can easily slide some shadow-based shots in there.
    I suppose you are right, about the MM abilities, I stopped playing MM due it it becoming boring to play so I've spent more time as a BM lately as SV is melee and I can't stand melee classes.

    I'd love to see your Draconic name!



    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I never said your opinion was bad. You quoted me to say my opinion was bad, even called it pathetic.

    So you are not the nice one here.
    Apologies if it came off like that but I never meant it that way, I meant it in a way I find it sad as in upsetting how people just belittle eachother over having wants.

    Again I apologize I have a massive migraines and I have been stuck in work for 12 hours with 5 hours left to go.. I'll be throwing up soon, again.
    Last edited by Kiriastrasza; 2022-06-05 at 01:33 PM.

  15. #1115
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I suppose you are right, about the MM abilities, I stopped playing MM due it it becoming boring to play so I've spent more time as a BM lately as SV is melee and I can't stand melee classes.

    I'd love to see your Draconic name!

    Interestingly that looks like the icon to Alexstraza's Tough Love ability from HotS;


  16. #1116
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Interestingly that looks like the icon to Alexstraza's Tough Love ability from HotS;

    Why do you think I chose it

  17. #1117
    Mechagnome Thalassian Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Quel'Thalas/Albion
    Posts
    728
    Been waiting a long time for this...




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •