Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 56
... LastLast

Dark Ranger Customizations (Coming in 9.2.5)!!!

DARK RANGER CUSTOMIZATIONS ARE OFFICIALLY BEING ADDED IN 9.2.5!!!!!!!!!!

They have their own texture in the game... Just use the DK skin and red eyes and you have yourself a DR face for your Belf/Velf toons and there's also a DR skin for NE. Is there a legitimate reason why they haven't been added? They're the 2nd most requested feature behind High Elves. And it wouldn't take more than a simple -hotfix- to add red eyes and undead skin to the barbershop. Why is this taking forever to be done? You can't say textures are harder to do because a simple photoshop job can be done in less than 5 minutes of turning any color to its desired hue.

Class? Understandable. But as a customizable feature? I don't understand.

Let them be a feature at the Barbershop for NE/VE and BE hunters and rogues.

DARK RANGER CUSTOMIZATION AND GEAR THAT WE WANT IS ALREADY IN GAME!! THEY ARE JUST NPC ONLY!! MAKE THEM BUYABLE BY A VENDOR, SET GEAR AS COSMETIC AND MAKE THE SKIN AND EYES A BARBER SHOP OPTION FOR NIGHT ELF/BLOOD ELF HUNTERS!!

Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-01 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added clarity.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Hunters are getting them as a green fire type quest in 10.x

They're just reskinned hunters ...
    Play a blood elf or undead hunter, put on some dark mog and a hood and role-play it.

Probably because for Blood Elves, it clashed with their original main focal point being the paladin race of the Horde, and giving "undead" paladins to Blood Elves before Forsaken would be stupid. It's a massive aesthetic and ideology clash, especially because Dark Rangers are more connected to the Forsaken than actual Blood Elves.

If they're doing class skins, this fixes the problem, and also unlocks spell effects for other races who could use it too. The Blood Elves get their OG ranger skins finally, Night Elves get the new ones, and Forsaken and Void Elves get cool spell effects.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Why is this taking forever to be done?
    Because they can sell preorders for it.

They are getting there.
    If you haven't noticed, Sylvanas has developed much of the concept in recent times.

IMHO they have not enough meat as a stand alone class. At best they are an additional spec for hunters, at worst they'd make for a slightly underused skin for marksmen hunter. The only thing kinda missing from MM is a bit more heavily leaning into DoTs and maybe some instant trash summons, otherwise they'd be an easy DR reskin option. Between doing them dirt cheap as a skin or wasting time on making them a single spec class, I would probably go and make them the replacement of the old SV ranged hunter gameplay with more DoTs and stuff as another unlockable spec. I can also live happily without them, so I voted no, since there was no indifferent option.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    IMHO they have not enough meat as a stand alone class. At best they are an additional spec for hunters, at worst they'd make for a slightly underused skin for marksmen hunter. The only thing kinda missing from MM is a bit more heavily leaning into DoTs and maybe some instant trash summons, otherwise they'd be an easy DR reskin option. Between doing them dirt cheap as a skin or wasting time on making them a single spec class, I would probably go and make them the replacement of the old SV ranged hunter gameplay with more DoTs and stuff as another unlockable spec. I can also live happily without them, so I voted no, since there was no indifferent option.
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Play a blood elf or undead hunter, put on some dark mog and a hood and role-play it.
    Arguable.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations

literaly only thing they have in common with hunter is the bow...
    thats like saying unholy dk retri paladint and arms warior are the same bcs they use 2h weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    literaly only thing they have in common with hunter is the bow...
    thats like saying unholy dk retri paladint and arms warior are the same bcs they use 2h weapons...
    Except dark rangers are literally just undead elven hunters.

As a 4th hunter spec it could work, though it goes against the class fantasy where they are supposed to be undead like death knights. Could also make them a cosmetic skin and allow them to turn their beasts into skeletons.

The Dragonflight leak class skin did a decent job of presenting a Dark Ranger. Have em be Hunters with new spell visuals and have Undead pets instead of Beasts. Even with differences in pets, the overall DPS should be fairly balanced and comparable to standard Hunter gameplay, without having to be exactly 1:1.

Even if a fake leak, the concept works IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Various reasons I can figure...not enough to make a class from? They don't want to make another Night Elf/Blood Elf only class? The best times for them have come and gone?

Not really true. Especially if they draw on Slyvannas skills set and new Shadowlands lore. There's definitely room for Blizzard to carve out some specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Various reasons I can figure...not enough to make a class from? They don't want to make another Night Elf/Blood Elf only class? The best times for them have come and gone?
    I agree with most of your points but not this one.

If they draw on Slyvannas as a model, bring in maw stuff, Shadowlands stuff, general Forsaken stiff (blight etc etc). Blizzard can probably get enough material for a class.

Blizzard have in the past taken skills form existing classes and added new lore to more round out a class.

Because the class system is too restrictive and there isnt 3 specs worth of dark ranger to add to the game. They are also incredibly niche lorewise being solely sylvanas's elite warriors, which maybe it makes sense now but in the past ... no.

Because Sylvanas sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Because the class system is too restrictive and there isnt 3 specs worth of dark ranger to add to the game. They are also incredibly niche lorewise being solely sylvanas's elite warriors, which maybe it makes sense now but in the past ... no.
    technically there only needs to be two specs worth.

eRr, DkS aRe jUsT reSkInNeD wArRioRs, DUH. This kind of logic really irritates me. Most classic classes fall under the same hood for the majority of other classes. Like mages covering basically all magic archetype class. Warriors covering all brute melee classes INCLUDING DEATH KNIGHTS. Rogues covering the Demon Hunters. Please stop posting dumb reasons like that. Hunters =/= Dark Rangers the only thing in common they have is that they both use bows, neither the spells nor the abilities will be the same. Dark Rangers also have a very close combat rogue-like possibilities.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-16 at 02:08 PM.

I really hate this, dark rangers only have one thing in common and that's the bow their skills are completely different, just stop with this mentality because it can be used across other wanted classes like Tinker.

We really do not need ANOTHER elf exclusive class. Maybe if it were rolled into the same spec as Shadow Hunters and Priestesses of the Moon you might have an angle, but otherwise it's just more favoritism for an already oversaturated set of races.
    Twas brillig

Glorified emo hunters. People literally only want them because they fawn over Sylvanas.