Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Hold on.
    Dark Ranger as a class skin? That would be like giving Paladins a Death Knight skin.
    Which would be what Blizzard may be planning for Dark Ranger content if the 9.2.5 datamines might suggest.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=54943/...-rangers-pupil

Thank the abyss you're here, Huntmaster <name>! I'm concerned about Dark Ranger Velonara. We have become good friends during our time together in the Trueshot Lodge, and I fear she is in peril. She's been training an apprentice dark ranger, a lad named Prelus. Newly raised, she said. At any rate, Prelus ran off after receiving a letter from his brother, and now Velonara has gone to Tirisfal Glades to find him. I have a bad feeling about all this. Could you check on her safety?

Why else would this be a Hunter quest and not just a general any-class quest? They specifically mention Huntsmaster, which is the Hunter's Order Hall commander title.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-03 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    so you agree then that a orc (or half orc) baring there teeth and hissing in mimicry of an animal is something rexxar or other beastmasters would do rather it be a orc blood rage or beastral wrath?
    Not exactly. Did you see Lords of War: Durotan?
    That's what the Hunter aspects are supposed to be.

off the top of my head without digging through models and leaving out unique non humanoids.

3 of the four horsemen.

Some ZG trolls.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Priestess_Arlokk
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Priest_Thekal

Theradas (close enough to humanoid)
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Theradras

Baron rivendare
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Baron_Rivendare

All of these characters are far less significant then some one like Varian Tyranda or Malfurion and there are likely a lot more just not at the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Which would be what Blizzard may be planning for Dark Ranger content if the 9.2.5 datamines might suggest.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=54943/...-rangers-pupil

Thank the abyss you're here, Huntmaster <name>! I'm concerned about Dark Ranger Velonara. We have become good friends during our time together in the Trueshot Lodge, and I fear she is in peril. She's been training an apprentice dark ranger, a lad named Prelus. Newly raised, she said. At any rate, Prelus ran off after receiving a letter from his brother, and now Velonara has gone to Tirisfal Glades to find him. I have a bad feeling about all this. Could you check on her safety?

Why else would this be a Hunter quest and not just a general any-class quest? They specifically mention Huntsmaster, which is the Hunter's Order Hall commander title.
    I wonder how you recolor abilities that Hunters can't do and Dark Rangers can.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Writings_of_the_Void
    An Alliance-only quest. I guess Demon Hunters are an Alliance-only class.

Abilities shift all the time, every expansion. If Blizzard brings back Black Arrow into the Hunter's new talent revamps, it would help cover that aspect of Dark Rangers again.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Writings_of_the_Void
    An Alliance-only quest. I guess Demon Hunters are an Alliance-only class.
    That's actually what they were planning with that. This is what we call a narrative dead end, but since you don't think those actually exist we'll just consider this 'still possible' :P

This questline was probably made back when they still planned on Hero Classes diverging Warrior into various race-class combos. Forsaken Warriors could become Death Knights, Dwarf Warriors could become Mountain Kings, Night Elf Warriors could become Demon Hunters.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_class

All the hero units of Warcraft III were originally supposed to become hero classes in World of Warcraft. Hero classes were still listed in 2005 on the "Under Development" page of the original website.[4] When a character hit level 40, it could start specializing in skills to become the same kind of hero. However, as Blizzard developed talent trees, they dropped the idea as they believed that the trees would provide enough customization. For example, a night elven warrior could specialize into wielding two one-handed weapons and essentially be a demon hunter, while a dwarven warrior could fulfill the fantasy of a mountain king,[5][6] or an undead warrior could become a death knight.[7]
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-03 at 06:50 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly. Did you see Lords of War: Durotan?
    That's what the Hunter aspects are supposed to be.
    no that was the orcs blood fury it Had nothing to do with hunter aspects.

The orcs can work themselves up into a natural bloodlust frenzy, a capacity that was only demonically amplified by consuming the Blood of Mannoroth.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_Fury

picture of models
    Theses are alpha models and I don’t believe any of them are used in classic with the first showing up in TBC followed by others in wrath.

But that’s beside the point, they had the resources to make Tyranda or any of the others unique models they choose not to so clearly your “significant characters stand out in a crowd” isn’t true as that’s not something they started doing regularly until wrath/cata.

- - - Updated - - -

while not recolours they can just put the quiver effect black arrow and wailing arrow on the new class based talent tree.

At this point hunters have had every ability normal dark rangers have had so it wouldn’t be a stretch to let you pick them with Talents:
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Abilities shift all the time, every expansion. If Blizzard brings back Black Arrow into the Hunter's new talent revamps, it would help cover that aspect of Dark Rangers again.
    Black Arrow isn't the issue.
    It's all of the other abilities.

That's actually what they were planning with that. This is what we call a narrative dead end, but since you don't think those actually exist we'll just consider this 'still possible' :P

This questline was probably made back when they still planned on Hero Classes diverging Warrior into various race-class combos. Forsaken Warriors could become Death Knights, Dwarf Warriors could become Mountain Kings, Night Elf Warriors could become Demon Hunters.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_class

All the hero units of Warcraft III were originally supposed to become hero classes in World of Warcraft. Hero classes were still listed in 2005 on the "Under Development" page of the original website.[4] When a character hit level 40, it could start specializing in skills to become the same kind of hero. However, as Blizzard developed talent trees, they dropped the idea as they believed that the trees would provide enough customization. For example, a night elven warrior could specialize into wielding two one-handed weapons and essentially be a demon hunter, while a dwarven warrior could fulfill the fantasy of a mountain king,[5][6] or an undead warrior could become a death knight.[7]
    I guess that was before WotLK, when the Death Knight was added, and definitely before Cataclysm, when the quest was added.

At the end of the day, we didn't end up with a faction-exclusive class.

no that was the orcs blood fury it Had nothing to do with hunter aspects.
    It has. Just like Bestial Wrath.
    "I would rather have died than know my son had become a beast"
    "Those who succumb to the Beast Within become their own greatest enemy"

Theses are alpha models and I don’t believe any of them are used in classic with the first showing up in TBC followed by others in wrath.

But that’s beside the point, they had the resources to make Tyranda or any of the others unique models they choose not to so clearly your “significant characters stand out in a crowd” isn’t true as that’s not something they started doing regularly until wrath/cata.
    You could see how variations wasn't something unusual.
    I'm talking about significant characters, who are lacking in that department.

while not recolours they can just put the quiver effect black arrow and wailing arrow on the new class based talent tree.

At this point hunters have had every ability normal dark rangers have had so it wouldn’t be a stretch to let you pick them with Talents:
    No.
    There are many Dark Ranger abilities that don't exist, and probably won't exist, in a Hunter's repertoire.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-05-03 at 07:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It has. Just like Bestial Wrath.
    "I would rather have died than know my son had become a beast"
    "Those who succumb to the Beast Within become their own greatest enemy"
    that’s still just blood frenzy beastral wrath applys to the beast as well and his wolf didn’t turn on him he was just worked up into a blood lust and attacked any thing that Moved.

Though even if you wanted to say it was beastral wrath that’s not even a hunter aspect so it would still have no ties to the magical aspects and would be an example of beast masters having mimicry without it having any thing to do with the aspects.

You could see how variations wasn't something unusual.
    I'm talking about significant characters, who are lacking in that department.
    well none of these were used in classic so it would actually be lacking in that sense these models didn’t make it back into the Game until tbc and wrath as more or less easier eggs.

But back to significant characters, they are lacking in unique models because blizzard didn’t deem it a priority not because they lacked the resources as we see them use those resources on other characters. they didn’t care if significant characters stood out in a crowd they were fine with them looking like the Npcs around them and standing out in name and lore alone.

It wasn’t until wrath that they started going for unique looks and even then they only did a handful of characters.

No.
    There are many Dark Ranger abilities that don't exist, and probably won't exist, in a Hunter's repertoire.
    how many of said abilities does your average dark ranger have and aren’t sylvanas exclusive?
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-05-03 at 08:05 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Black Arrow isn't the issue.
    It's all of the other abilities.
    I mean, a Dark Ranger likely would never get a full Possession/Charm ability, and Life Drain isn't really a necessary ability. Do you really need those to have a Dark Ranger?

that’s still just blood frenzy beastral wrath applys to the beast as well and his wolf didn’t turn on him he was just worked up into a blood lust and attacked any thing that Moved.

Though even if you wanted to say it was beastral wrath that’s not even a hunter aspect so it would still have no ties to the magical aspects and would be an example of beast masters having mimicry without it having any thing to do with the aspects.
    I didn't say it was Bestial Wrath. It is Bloodlust.

Aspect of the Hawk
    Level 12 hunter ability
    1 second cooldown
    Instant
    The Hunter takes on the aspects of a hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 35%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time

Taking on the aspects of a Hawk means having its characteristics. The characteristics of a wild animal. In this case, its eyesight most likely.

well none of these were used in classic so it would actually be lacking in that sense these models didn’t make it back into the Game until tbc and wrath as more or less easier eggs.

But back to significant characters, they are lacking in unique models because blizzard didn’t deem it a priority not because they lacked the resources as we see them use those resources on other characters. they didn’t care if significant characters stood out in a crowd they were fine with them looking like the Npcs around them and standing out in name and lore alone.

It wasn’t until wrath that they started going for unique looks and even then they only did a handful of characters.
    And why was that? Because they had much more resources then than in the beginning.

how many of said abilities does your average dark ranger have and aren’t sylvanas exclusive?
    Your average joe isn't representative of a Dark Ranger class.
    What, you think they based the Death Knight and Demon Hunter on no-named NPCs? Of course not. They were based on Arthas and Illidan.

I mean, a Dark Ranger likely would never get a full Possession/Charm ability, and Life Drain isn't really a necessary ability. Do you really need those to have a Dark Ranger?
    Huh? Are you some kind of a class designer?
    Who made you the arbiter of Dark Ranger abilities?

Huh? Are you some kind of a class designer?
    Who made you the arbiter of Dark Ranger abilities?
    Er, Blizzard did it themselves.

Sylvanas hasn't even used Possession or Life Drain in WoW. When have you seen her use these abilities in WoW?

They've completely defined Sylvanas' entire Raid encounter without Possession and Drain Life, and you can still point at her and say "Yep, she's a Dark Ranger".

And none of the Dark Ranger NPCs even exhibit any of these abilities. As I said, I don't think they're necessary to embody a Dark Ranger, since Blizzard has been already defining them this way in WoW. And if you're going to attribute me being an 'arbiter of Dark Ranger abilities' I'll just remind you that the Dark Ranger isn't playable, nor is Blizzard showing any intent on making them their own class. So far, Blizzard has pawned off some of Sylvanas' most iconic abilities onto Legendary items. I'm not the one who was behind these decisions, lol.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-04 at 02:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say it was Bestial Wrath. It is Bloodlust.
    I know.

wrath I pointed to beastral wrath as a way beastmasters mimic animals while fighting and you started to bring up the orc blood frenzy and trying to link it to beastral wrath and aspects for some reason.

Taking on the aspects of a Hawk means having its characteristics. The characteristics of a wild animal. In this case, its eyesight most likely.
    having the eye sight of a hawk wouldn’t make arrows or bullets hit harder, It also wouldn’t be mimicry.

If you how ever had a magical effect like we established aspects to be earlier and used said magic to have your arrow emulate a hawks dive for greater speed that would line up with increased attack power.

And why was that? Because they had much more resources then than in the beginning.
    again we know they didn’t lack for resources they made a bunch of unique models for far less important characters.

Varian likely got a unique model because during TBC they made a comic about him and wanted to copy the look they established in said comic so people who read it would know he’s suppose to be the same dude instead of him looking totally different.

Sylvanas likely got updated because she was a night elf before and that’s just totally wrong.

Even during wrath when they were making unique models for throw away characters left and right they didn’t go back to update people like Tyranda or malfurion it wasn’t until cata that they actually thought it needed to change them and even then I don’t think they updated Tyranda until dragon soul when they is that war of the ancient's and end time dungeons.

At no point we’re resources a limiting factor.

Your average joe isn't representative of a Dark Ranger class.
    What, you think they based the Death Knight and Demon Hunter on no-named NPCs? Of course not. They were based on Arthas and Illidan.
    we’re not talking about a class at the moment we’re talking about introducing it into hunters as a reskin like Triceron said.

So the question is again what abilities does your non sylvanas dark rangers have that they couldn’t just put in the hunter class talent tree for dragon flight, all of the ones I can think of already seem to be part of hunters currently or were in the past like black arrow.

Er, Blizzard did it themselves.

Sylvanas hasn't even used Possession or Life Drain in WoW. When have you seen her use these abilities in WoW?

They've completely defined Sylvanas' entire Raid encounter without Possession and Drain Life, and you can still point at her and say "Yep, she's a Dark Ranger".

And none of the Dark Ranger NPCs even exhibit any of these abilities. As I said, I don't think they're necessary to embody a Dark Ranger, since Blizzard has been already defining them this way in WoW. And if you're going to attribute me being an 'arbiter of Dark Ranger abilities' I'll just remind you that the Dark Ranger isn't playable, nor is Blizzard showing any intent on making them their own class. So far, Blizzard has pawned off some of Sylvanas' most iconic abilities onto Legendary items. I'm not the one who was behind these decisions, lol.
    Stop taking regular NPCs into the equation. They do not matter whatsoever.

Secondly, she has those abilities in HotS. You know what else ended up from HotS in WoW? Withering Fire and Wailing Arrow.

I know.

wrath I pointed to beastral wrath as a way beastmasters mimic animals while fighting and you started to bring up the orc blood frenzy and trying to link it to beastral wrath and aspects for some reason.
    Because of their similarities:

Bestial Wrath
    Level 20 Beast Mastery hunter ability
    100 yd range
    1.5 min cooldown
    Instant
    Sends you and your pet into a rage, instantly dealing [(65% of Attack power) *(1 + Versatility)] Physical damage to its target, and increasing all damage you both deal by 25% for 15 sec.
    Rank 2: Bestial Wrath's remaining cooldown is reduced by 12 sec each time you use Barbed Shot.

"The orcs can work themselves up into a natural bloodlust frenzy, a capacity that was only demonically amplified by consuming the Blood of Mannoroth."

having the eye sight of a hawk wouldn’t make arrows or bullets hit harder, It also wouldn’t be mimicry.

If you how ever had a magical effect like we established aspects to be earlier and used said magic to have your arrow emulate a hawks dive for greater speed that would line up with increased attack power.
    What the...?
    You really think the shots take the characteristics of a Hawk? Now i know who i'm arguing with...

again we know they didn’t lack for resources they made a bunch of unique models for far less important characters.

Varian likely got a unique model because during TBC they made a comic about him and wanted to copy the look they established in said comic so people who read it would know he’s suppose to be the same dude instead of him looking totally different.

Sylvanas likely got updated because she was a night elf before and that’s just totally wrong.

Even during wrath when they were making unique models for throw away characters left and right they didn’t go back to update people like Tyranda or malfurion it wasn’t until cata that they actually thought it needed to change them and even then I don’t think they updated Tyranda until dragon soul when they is that war of the ancient's and end time dungeons.

At no point we’re resources a limiting factor.
    Apparently, it was.
    Even Thrall didn't sport a unique model. Neither did Jaina, nor Rexxar, or even Vol'jin or Cairne. None of the major characters did back in the day, which indicates the opposite.

we’re not talking about a class at the moment we’re talking about introducing it into hunters as a reskin like Triceron said.

So the question is again what abilities does your non sylvanas dark rangers have that they couldn’t just put in the hunter class talent tree for dragon flight, all of the ones I can think of already seem to be part of hunters currently or were in the past like black arrow.
    That's where you error comes from.
    1. You do not build an archetype based on some throwaway NPCs.
    2. Hunters, pretty much, cannot do what Dark Rangers do except for shots. That is very limiting. That is not all what the Dark Ranger is about.

Stop taking regular NPCs into the equation. They do not matter whatsoever.

Secondly, she has those abilities in HotS. You know what else ended up from HotS in WoW? Withering Fire and Wailing Arrow.
    Which are given to Hunters?

You made my point. Guess what Blizzard seems to prioritizing here. I really shouldn't have to have this back and forth spelling out what exactly is in the game right now. Not quite sure why you're even pointing out Withering Fire and Wailing Arrow when they're clearly abilities that only Hunters exclusively have access to.

And there's no difference between taking regular NPCs into equation or named ones. We don't play as either of them, yet their existence informs us of where Blizzard draws certain lines in representing abilities. When they removed Mana Burn from the game in MoP, there was little to no chance of them bringing it back for the Demon Hunter. The spell was just too broken for PVP so it wouldn't work coming back. The same would apply for a permanent Charm or Possession ability that takes control of mobs or players. And Priests already have Mind Control, which isn't likely to be shared to any other class.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-04 at 05:58 AM.

Which are given to Hunters?

You made my point. Guess what Blizzard seems to prioritizing here. I really shouldn't have to have this back and forth spelling out what exactly is in the game right now. Not quite sure why you're even pointing out Withering Fire and Wailing Arrow when they're clearly abilities that only Hunters exclusively have access to.
    Can they give Hunters Life Drain, Mind Control and Possession? I don't think so...

Can they give Hunters Life Drain, Mind Control and Possession? I don't think so...
    They already exist on Warlocks and Priests. You really think they're gonna take them away at this point?

I mean, this argument is pure copium. You know it is too. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing without really reflecting on what you're actually saying. I mean, come tomorrow, you'll be singing a whole different tune saying 'Well it doesn't matter anyways' and tossing out what you said right now once you come to realize how implausible it is for Blizzard to make a whole new Dark Ranger class that has the same abilities as Warlocks and Priests and Hunters.

You practically used this same argument against Blood Mages when saying they're just Fire Mages and most of their spells are already being used. Well, fact is, same applies to Mind Control and Drain Life. And as I said, Dark Rangers in WoW have not shown using these abilities at all.

If anything, Blizzard would simply make new abilities to cover that instead. And if we're adapting new abilities, then Hunters already have utility covered. Need a Healing ability, Hunters have Exhileration. Literally just reskin the effect to look like it's using Dark magic to heal and give it a new name, done.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-04 at 06:11 AM.

They already exist on Warlocks and Priests. You really think they're gonna take them away at this point?

I mean, this argument is pure copium. You know it is too. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing without really reflecting on what you're actually saying. I mean, come tomorrow, you'll be singing a whole different tune saying 'Well it doesn't matter anyways' and tossing out what you said right now once you come to realize how implausible it is for Blizzard to make a whole new Dark Ranger class that has the same abilities as Warlocks and Priests and Hunters.
    Drain Life and Life Drain sound similar, but are not the same.
    As for Mind Control, why would they give some abilities (that fit your particular narrow vision of a Dark Ranger) but not others? Because it's comfortable to say Dark Rangers are composed only of Dark-colored shots?
    If Mind Control is such a hassle, they can have Possesion. An alternate version to Mind Control, just like Blur and Mana Break were for the Demon Hunter's Evasion and Mana Burn.

You know what's funny? You point out her raid abilities lacking Life Drain and Mind Control, but you completely forget to note how many of her abilities Hunters cannot perform:
    Shadow Dagger, Domination Chains, Veil of Darkness, Rive, Banshee Wail, Haunting Wave, Banshee Form, Banshee's Blades, Banshee's Fury, Death Knives.

Don't cherrypick what suits your class skins idea that you keep pushing like your life depends on it.

Drain Life and Life Drain sound similar, but are not the same.
    As for Mind Control, why would they give some abilities (that fit your particular narrow vision of a Dark Ranger) but not others? Because it's comfortable to say Dark Rangers are composed only of Dark-colored shots?
    If Mind Control is such a hassle, they can have Possesion. An alternate version to Mind Control, just like Blur and Mana Break were for the Demon Hunter's Evasion and Mana Burn.

You know what's funny? You point out her raid abilities lacking Life Drain and Mind Control, but you completely forget to note how many of her abilities Hunters cannot perform:
    Shadow Dagger, Domination Chains, Veil of Darkness, Rive, Banshee Wail, Haunting Wave, Banshee Form, Banshee's Blades, Banshee's Fury, Death Knives.

Don't cherrypick what suits your class skins idea that you keep pushing like your life depends on it.
    Yeah but if you're talking about a new class that does Domination Chains, Veil of Darkness, Banshee Wail, Haunting Wave and Banshee Form, then we're never gonna get one since that is literally all tied directly to Sylvanas, and no other Dark Ranger.

Read the fucking novel dude. They literally made her a super special snowflake by being the only Banshee who regained her body. Every other Dark Ranger mentioned in lore is literally just a Darkfallen.

And if they're gonna make Darkfallen playable, and they have a specific Hunter questline regarding Velonara both being datamined in the PTR, then I don't know what to tell you. This literally reminds me of how you kept shutting down Evokers just because they were a rumor. You can't help but be argumentative over things that you don't agree with, eh? Like, I'll even say up front that your idea would be fabulous if Blizzard ever considers doing it. Chances are they aren't.

Yeah but if you're talking about a new class that does Domination Chains, Veil of Darkness, Banshee Wail, Haunting Wave and Banshee Form, then we're never gonna get one since that is literally all tied directly to Sylvanas, and no other Dark Ranger.
    Gee, i wonder why... *looks over at Arthas and Illidan*

This "only Sylvanas can" argument is getting old...

Read the fucking novel dude. They literally made her a super special snowflake by being the only Banshee who regained her body. Every other Dark Ranger mentioned in lore is literally just a Darkfallen.
    Like every other main character.
    Since when can Death Knights perform the abilities Arthas, the Lich King, can? Since the Death Knight class was added, of course. They draw abilities from main characters because they're based on them, obviously.

And if they're gonna make Darkfallen playable, and they have a specific Hunter questline regarding Velonara both being datamined in the PTR, then I don't know what to tell you. This literally reminds me of how you kept shutting down Evokers just because they were a rumor. You can't help but be argumentative over things that you don't agree with, eh? Like, I'll even say up front that your idea would be fabulous if Blizzard ever considers doing it. Chances are they aren't.
    I thought Evokers were something else.
    Not very Dragon-related name, is it?

Gee, i wonder why... *looks over at Arthas and Illidan*

This "only Sylvanas can" argument is getting old...
    Neither Arthas nor Illidan are playable.

Like every other main character.
    Since when can Death Knights perform the abilities Arthas, the Lich King, can? Since the Death Knight class was added, of course. They draw abilities from main characters because they're based on them, obviously.
    The DK class does way more than Arthas as well. When does Arthas use Death Grip? When does Illidan use Vengeance tanking form?

Our characters are not Arthas or Illidan.

I thought Evokers were something else.
    Not very Dragon-related name, is it?
    Cuz you never read the writing on the wall and kept operating under your personal beliefs, which continue to blind you to what is actually happening in WoW.

Evoker name gets leaked, we have an expansion called Dragonflight that is dragon related, and we know Blizzard chooses to tailor classes to story and setting. And you thought Evokers were something else that was not Dragon related even though it was pretty clear it would be.

Same seems to be happening to Dark Rangers and Darkfallen now. I mean, you do acknowledge something may be happening at least, don't you?

Neither Arthas nor Illidan are playable.
    *facepalm*

The DK class does way more than Arthas as well. When does Arthas use Death Grip? When does Illidan use Vengeance tanking form?

Our characters are not Arthas or Illidan.
    You can't put all of that in a single character.
    But, of course our classes are based on them, like they should be. That's what you have significant characters for.

Cuz you never read the writing on the wall and kept operating under your personal beliefs, which continue to blind you to what is actually happening in WoW.

Evoker name gets leaked, we have an expansion called Dragonflight that is dragon related, and we know Blizzard chooses to tailor classes to story and setting. And you thought Evokers were something else that was not Dragon related even though it was pretty clear it would be.
    How does the name Evoker relates to Dragons?

Same seems to be happening to Dark Rangers and Darkfallen now. I mean, you do acknowledge something may be happening at least, don't you?
    I do. I'm not blind.
    But, that would be the equivalent of giving Mages an Evoker skin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because of their similarities:
    sure fine what ever, either way you agree that an orc would bare there teeth and hiss like a animal right?

What the...?
    You really think the shots take the characteristics of a Hawk? Now i know who i'm arguing with...
    aspect of the hawk doesn’t even say any thing about characteristics you just took that from another aspect and are trying to apply it to hawk.

And yes when the options are they use magic to enchant the flight of there arrows or get hawk eye sight to increase the power of there shots the former will always be the more likely answer given that hawk eyes don’t make arrows fly faster.

Apparently, it was.
    Even Thrall didn't sport a unique model. Neither did Jaina, nor Rexxar, or even Vol'jin or Cairne. None of the major characters did back in the day, which indicates the opposite.
    again we know for a fact it wasn’t. you can’t say they didn’t have the resources when they were pumping out new models every single patch for less important characters.

They had the resources they just didn’t seem using them on those characters as important.

That's where you error comes from.
    1. You do not build an archetype based on some throwaway NPCs.
    2. Hunters, pretty much, cannot do what Dark Rangers do except for shots. That is very limiting. That is not all what the Dark Ranger is about.
    were not talking about building a archetype we’re taking about how it could be forced into hunters with recolours.

So again what are all of these things none sylvanas’s dark rangers can do that hunters haven’t already had.