Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How old is Durak now?I feel like he'll be the Savior of Orc lore

But I don't expect him to be as attractive as Garrosh.

As for Thrall, let's forget him.He may never find his balls back...

Last edited by TrueHorde; 2022-04-16 at 10:09 AM.

Durak means fool in russian so I'm not sure if that's a good name for any relevant lore character.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Durak means fool in russian so I'm not sure if that's a good name for any relevant lore character.
    Hahahaha! Really? That's so fitting for an Orc leader though. A fool at the head of the foolish race that is manipulated and deceived by pretty much every Warcraft villain sounds about right.

Good job Russia does not exist in WoW.

Came by to say this, but I got beat to it. He is Thrall's kid, so it checks out.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Neither does English in WoW, and yet Thrall's name was literally given to him by a human with the name's meaning intentionally

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Neither does English in WoW, and yet Thrall's name was literally given to him by a human with the name's meaning intentionally
    Linguistics are the only thing that's more pointless to discuss than population numbers when it comes to Warcraft and yet people still can't help themselves.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Name by name Thrall means slave, so i don't see how that is a big problem.

Sadly he will prob be "what Garrosh was supposed to be" and do the same character arc, just like the female thrall from wod, seems like they can only do two archetypes of orcs now.

Sadly many good characters are forgotten and neglected, i still remember back in pandaria we had a super cool story about Koak, a dragonmaw orc who trained a cloud serpent, wished he could lead the clan so they could change their ways of taming, but alas, forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Hahahaha! Really? That's so fitting for an Orc leader though. A fool at the head of the foolish race that is manipulated and deceived by pretty much every Warcraft villain sounds about right.
    Better than the race who foolish corrupt themselves with the void, without even getting deceived, ultimately dooming then.

My first thought was "Durak? Isn't that a breed of pigs?". Well not quite. The pigs are called Duroc. But they are delicious! And expensive...

Well lets see Going off https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

He was born at the end of Cata which is year 29 and we are in year 34/35 Now i believe

Also a bonous fact, is the Picture OP showed was actually a art piece Metzen comissioned himself, since after all Thrall is his baby. I believe he has it framed in his office.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post

He was born at the end of Cata which is year 29 and we are in year 34/35 Now i believe

Also a bonous fact, is the Picture OP showed was actually a art piece Metzen comissioned himself, since after all Thrall is his baby. I believe he has it framed in his office.

we may have progressed even further. dialogue in oribos kind of hints that the scourge is running loose, so we've been in Shadowlands a while now and time doesn't run straight in there

Still a better name than Go'el.

Don't orcs reach maturity much faster?

Or am confusing it with the fel aging thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    we may have progressed even further. dialogue in oribos kind of hints that the scourge is running loose, so we've been in Shadowlands a while now and time doesn't run straight in there
    Also true, we have been told when we entered the maw, by Jania time moves differently there, So longer might of passed in Azeroth while we was in shadowlands but... I also belive that little plot point like alot of overs in shadowlands has been abandoned by Blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Don't orcs reach maturity much faster?

Or am confusing it with the fel aging thing?
    Indeed, it was Guldan and the Shadow Council who used Fel magic to Age orc children for the horde before the first war

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    And WoW does not exist in Russia anymore.

Also true, we have been told when we entered the maw, by Jania time moves differently there, So longer might of passed in Azeroth while we was in shadowlands but... I also belive that little plot point like alot of overs in shadowlands has been abandoned by Blizzard
    Time is percieved differently in the Maw (and only the Maw). The overall flow of time is not any different in the Shadowlands and the fact, that none of the supporting characters that came into the Shadowlands via Portal in 9.2 to talk about Sylvanas mentioned anything unusual going on, supports that.

Frankly, who cares what his name means in Russian?
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Well that and according to his Wiki page

Durak's name is meant to be a combination of Durotan and Draka, his paternal grandparents.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Durak

So yea what it means in russian is just unintentional

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Time is percieved differently in the Maw (and only the Maw). The overall flow of time is not any different in the Shadowlands and the fact, that none of the supporting characters that came into the Shadowlands via Portal in 9.2 to talk about Sylvanas mentioned anything unusual going on, supports that.
    Must of missed it saying it was only in the maw, time was different so thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Everyone who speaks russian?

Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    The scourge has been running loose since the Shadowlands pre-patch. The whole thing in Icecrown wasn't self-contained nor did it just stop once the expansion started, that's one of the reasons why that Kyrian questline involving Ben in Stonetalon went the way it did.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai